Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leo Juan Carlos Nunez Oviedo avoids arbritration/signs 6 mil deal

Featured Replies

Love it

Hate it. I'll hate it more if this keeps us from Cespedes.

$6 million for a setup man? Especially one that's working on getting his identity fraud issues fixed?

 

I've always been a Leo supporter, but given the legal troubles and the fact that we signed Heath Bell, we should've just let him walk. I doubt we get real value for him in a possible trade at this point, and keeping him at this price doesn't sound right.

 

But hey. If the Marlins want to pay a setup man more than they've paid just about any closer they've ever had, fine by me. Screw money.

$6 million for a setup man? Especially one that's working on getting his identity fraud issues fixed?

 

I've always been a Leo supporter, but given the legal troubles and the fact that we signed Heath Bell, we should've just let him walk. I doubt we get real value for him in a possible trade at this point, and keeping him at this price doesn't sound right.

 

But hey. If the Marlins want to pay a setup man more than they've paid just about any closer they've ever had, fine by me. Screw money.

 

 

That should've been the slogan for next season

I'm fine with him as a setup man. I just never thought he was stable enough to be the closer.

The overreactions to this are funny.

 

There's an even chance he won't play this season. But they had to tender him a contract or offer arbitration or else they would lose his rights no matter what.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.