Ozzie suspended 5 games

Admin

This topic is full of rage

And if its causing this kind of controversy on just this board, think about what certain radio stations will do to stir things up. The Marlins already have a lot of enemies in Miami, and for those that don't believe me they are just putting their heads in the sand, and this can only stir up those who already passionately hate the Marlins.

Those that believe this will blow over quickly, and not have any lasting effect again are burying their heads in the sand. You have just given those fans you are trying to woo over, another excuse not to like the Marlins or attend their games.

Swift action needs to be taken. Not saying I agree with it, but this is business and Ozzie has "taken in or out of context" said something that is at least perceived by many in this community (rightly or wrongly) on par with telling a group of Israeli Jews that you respect Hitler. Its the same thing.....its offensive and very stupid of Ozzie to go there. He should have not said anything, and it may end up costing him his job.

Again not saying they are right, but these people may go so far that Ozzie may have to step down for the controversy to go away, and then some of them will chide the Marlins for taking so long.

If the Marlins are smart, for their long-term success they need to replace Ozzie. Its not what I want to happen, but I believe it would be the most prudent thing to do. And after all this is business 1st.

All that Ozzie needs to do is appear somewhere with Illeana Ros-Lehtinen or any of the Diaz-Balart brothers and it's all good. Don't worry.

Sure, they are going to show next to him on an election year ? I don't think so.....

They don't lose elections. What you need to understand is that people's perception of them aren't changed by their positions, but rather their positions change people's perception of issues.

And if its causing this kind of controversy on just this board, think about what certain radio stations will do to stir things up. The Marlins already have a lot of enemies in Miami, and for those that don't believe me they are just putting their heads in the sand, and this can only stir up those who already passionately hate the Marlins.

Those that believe this will blow over quickly, and not have any lasting effect again are burying their heads in the sand. You have just given those fans you are trying to woo over, another excuse not to like the Marlins or attend their games.

Swift action needs to be taken. Not saying I agree with it, but this is business and Ozzie has "taken in or out of context" said something that is at least perceived by many in this community (rightly or wrongly) on par with telling a group of Israeli Jews that you respect Hitler. Its the same thing.....its offensive and very stupid of Ozzie to go there. He should have not said anything, and it may end up costing him his job.

Again not saying they are right, but these people may go so far that Ozzie may have to step down for the controversy to go away, and then some of them will chide the Marlins for taking so long.

If the Marlins are smart, for their long-term success they need to replace Ozzie. Its not what I want to happen, but I believe it would be the most prudent thing to do. And after all this is business 1st.

All that Ozzie needs to do is appear somewhere with Illeana Ros-Lehtinen or any of the Diaz-Balart brothers and it's all good. Don't worry.

Will they be willing to appear with Ozzie?

They're politicians. I'm sure they can be persuaded.

I know people want to make light of this, but channel 4, 7 and 10 all opened their 12pm news with this........its not going to go away anytime soon.

They don't lose elections. What you need to understand is that people's perception of them aren't changed by their positions, but rather their positions change people's perception of issues.

I guarantee you'd be more likely to hear a condemnation statement from them directed towards Ozzie, than see any one of them at a presser with him.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The point was that those making it an issue are fickle. It can go away easily, because it isn't such a big deal. The people most interested in this crap are all dying and on social security already. They aren't going to baseball games anyway. Hence why their facebook group has 63 likes; they don't own computers. This is going to go away because the sensationalism of the ballpark and the team will be too much for the 80 year old exiles who left an island, in part, due to freedom of speech issues yet attempt to suppress it here.

Don't blink just yet but Daniel Tosh is making Ozzie trend on Twitter:

#ozziemisquotes

You mean a comedian actually read an entire story and not a national reporter, who made an entire new story out of it to make Ozzie look worse?

Respect for Tosh rising.

The point was that the issue is fickle. It can go away easily, because it isn't such a big deal. The people most interested in this crap are all dying and on social security already. They aren't going to baseball games anyway. Hence why their facebook group has 63 likes; they don't own computers. This is going to go away because the sensationalism of the ballpark and the team will be too much for the 80 year old exiles who left an island, in part, due to freedom of speech issues yet attempt to suppress it here.

I wish I could agree, and I do to an extent. The ones to whom these words sting the worst are dead and dying - that is true. But many Cubans (from my experience) tend to be much more family oriented that most groups in the US and they tend to have more respect for their elders than most groups in the US. When older Cubans speak about the barbaric treatment by the Castro dictatorship, and they know that Unlce X or Aunt Y was put into jail and never seen again because Castro made them a political prisioner, this resonates with them more than most people in the US. Its real and tangible to them, and the pain is there.

Its just what the Marlins didn't need.

Supposedly Ozzie is going to have a presser tomorrow in Miami in front of the local (and I am guessing some national) media. I hope someone will be there to interpret (whether Ozzie speaks English or Spanish) because its Ozzie we'll need translation.

I can't wait to see this all covered on The Franchise!

my thoughts exactly ...... this is going to be a part of one of their storylines for sure ...... so even if it dies down in the near term (it has gone national btw....) it will come back to life at least a little bit in July

I'm sure that's part of it ....... but it still is what it is at this time

guy just loves to say dumb things ...... i'm sure it wont be too long before he says something else that is stupid to get people upset in a different direction.....................

Will they be willing to appear with Ozzie?

They're politicians. I'm sure they can be persuaded.

Don't they count on the Cuban vote??

My god, I'm baffled by the reaction of the Miami Cubans. He made silly comments about admiring how Fidel survived Italian Mafia and CIA trying to kill him. How is that offensive? And to top it off, I've heard many commenters likening Fidel to Hitler. I'd like those righteous indignados to have a talk with holocaust survivors about what just how similar Hitler was to Fidel. Ozzie's offending the Cubans, the Cuban comments are offensive to Jews, oy vey what a mess.

Whether or not this is awful, the Marlins should or shouldn't suspend him, etc....

WHAT A f***ING IDIOT.

He's right though, you should admire him. Fidel is like a roach, he kept coming back and never was able to be exterminated.

You have to admire his ability to escape death, anyones ability to escape it really. He even took a header off a stage and lived.

Fidels longevity is something to be admired- even if you hate his politics.

Chris the Cuban

Even though it probably won't happen, I would be super pissed if Guillen is let go.

I canlready see the same media jumping on us for firing another manager and blaming Loria for going through so many.

I'm sorry I ain't Cuban but I know what its like to be on the end of something that could be considered negative toward me but this is ridiculous. Some people need to be able to read for them selves and grow a pair.