Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ozzie Bobblehead Canceled

Featured Replies

Being replaced by a Castro bobble head. Can't wait to get mine and kiss it in dedication of my love for Castro and communism!

 

I will respect the Castro bobble head for surviving for 60 minutes since everyone in the creation line wanted to smash it and the thing is still there.

Funny how there seems to be absolutely zero media coverage on this. I get the feeling that the Marlins are trying to keep this on the DL and were just hoping that no one would realize they took away one of the promotions from the schedule. I mean, if not for the OP bringing this to our attention I'm not sure any one of us would have realized they took the promotion away on the official website...

 

If the Marlins FO aren't comfortable having an Ozzie Guillen bobblehead promotion because of his comments about Castro then how could they be comfortable having him manage their team? Doesn't make much sense to me. Unless they took away the promotion for a different reason (nothing to do with his comments about Castro) this all seems very stupid to me...

I'm guessing they are going to delay it until later in the season. There's a good chance that they've already been produced.

so that bobblehead next to the Guillen placeholder is Carlos Delgado's face on Cliff Floyd's body...

  • Author

The (ex) sponsor of the Ozzie bobblehead is a strong presence in the Cuban community - Leon Medical.

 

It is likely they had it pulled.

I don't know what to make of this bobblehead pull. Probably little ado about nothing.

.

What they should do is make a run of bobble-boobs of the Clevelander gals.

Apparently if you proclaim you love Castro you get suspended, bobble head removed, and temporarily banned from the forum.

 

Mod Edit: Nobody was banned from the forum for that.

The (ex) sponsor of the Ozzie bobblehead is a strong presence in the Cuban community - Leon Medical.

 

It is likely they had it pulled.

 

I like that explanation.

What's even funnier is how it looks like mostly everyone here thinks what Ozzie did is ok and that the Cuban people that are upset are the ones being ridiculous.

 

I wonder what would happen if say Bobby Valentine talks about how his parents were tremendous supporters of Mussolini and Nazi sympathizers and how Hitler is the best thing to ever happen to Europe. Or if a white manager would have said how his grandfather who owned the largest slave plantation in Georgia was a great man who he admires greatly.

 

I wonder if anyone would care.

 

I find it very fascinating how nowadays its ok to criticize and demean certain ethnic groups, or minimize their suffering, yet everyone would go insane if anyone even dared to say anything remotely negative about african americans or jews.

What's even funnier is how it looks like mostly everyone here thinks what Ozzie did is ok and that the Cuban people that are upset are the ones being ridiculous.

 

I wonder what would happen if say Bobby Valentine talks about how his parents were tremendous supporters of Mussolini and Nazi sympathizers and how Hitler is the best thing to ever happen to Europe. Or if a white manager would have said how his grandfather who owned the largest slave plantation in Georgia was a great man who he admires greatly.

 

I wonder if anyone would care.

 

I find it very fascinating how nowadays its ok to criticize and demean certain ethnic groups, or minimize their suffering, yet everyone would go insane if anyone even dared to say anything remotely negative about african americans or jews.

 

The wording of what Guillen actually said wasn't remotely consistent with those hypothetical remarks you've outlined.

so that bobblehead next to the Guillen placeholder is Carlos Delgado's face on Cliff Floyd's body...

 

The comical thing about bobbleheads is that you rarely find one that actually looks like the player it's supposed to depict.

Which is probably why the Charlie Hough one looks nothing like him.

Or if a white manager would have said how his grandfather who owned the largest slave plantation in Georgia was a great man who he admires greatly.

 

 

 

I would lmao if a manager said that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.