Error or a Hit, you decide

Mets_bs

A fairly common play in the 2nd inning of last night's Mets-Rays game ended up being the lone hit. David Wright trys to barehand a chopper from Upton, it takes a little bit of an odd hop and he muffs it. Error or a hit? If he gloves that does he get Upton? Does the ball kick too far to his throwing hand to glove the ball? Is it a routine play? The Mets are asking for a review, I don't it is overturned but intersting none-the-less.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22271383&topic_id=&c_id=nym&tcid=vpp_copy_22271383&v=3

wow tough one... it did seem to surprise him that it didn't take more of a bounce there, always hard to tell on a high chopper what kind of spin it'll have. probably could've gone either way. i feel like they should probably give you a break when it's an obvious bad hop but then you're really nitpicking. Had he tried to glove it he probably doesn't catch it either, but if he does it's a very close play.

BJ Upton... common guys, that's a hit all the way. jeesh.

Ball was hit so soft, even if he would of bare handed that and made a perfects throw it would of been a very close play. You can't give an error to someone who tries to make an extraordinary play.

Agree. Different runner, maybe an error. Maybe. But with a speedster? That's a hit.

That's a hit. It was rushed due to Upton's speed. No way he gloves that and still gets the out.

On a side note, it would be pathetic for the mets to get their first no-hitter on an appeal.

Johan Santana says hi.

Johan is a bitch. He is the second coming of Mike Hampton. Collect 3/4 of your contract $ on the DL.

But yeah....forgot about that.

Yeah, those players want to be injured. They purposely went through a sh*t ton of pain so that they wouldn't have to play the game they love. They even put up a public fassage by having surgeries to try to fix these injuries even though there's no reason to have the surgerys unless you're an athlete. What assholes.

Yeah, those players want to be injured. They purposely went through a sh*t ton of pain so that they wouldn't have to play the game they love. They even put up a public fassage by having surgeries to try to fix these injuries even though there's no reason to have the surgerys unless you're an athlete. What assholes.

Oh settle down...I'm just kidding. Geez....

My appologies. What's sad is that there's actually people like that including on this board

My appologies. What's sad is that there's actually people like that including on this board

No problem, and I agree. You are absolutely correct.