Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ozzie Guillen

Featured Replies

Why anyone would passionately argue one way or the other as to whether Ozzie is fired is kind of beyond me. He is what he is. A really mediocre manager who refuses to use analytics (much like the rest of this sh*t-stained organization) and wanted to bat Stanton 6th at various points in the season.

 

He was brought here to be an entertaining monkey and be "a big name manager". I suspect this is the only reason starved-for-attention Marlins fans support him. This team sucks.

 

Carlos Lee + Gorkys Hernandez = winning

My sleeper pick for manager if Oz gets fired.......Mike Mordecai :ninja

 

 

Mike Piazza

Well Manny Actaeon is now available for next year.

 

But seriously, if Ozzie is fired before Beinfest p, I will be pissed.

if the FO tries to rectify this situation by firing Ozzie, like that's going to solve everything, then... well, I guess they'll just continue to piss me off. big whoop. f*** the Marlins

ozzie will be canned and then we'll trade Lomo and Buehrle (hooray salary dump!) to Boston for Loria's wet dream, Bobby V.

I hate this team. Such a bunch of dramatic ass clowns.

 

Watch it, when you say something negative about the team you are label a Troll.

Lets say Ozzie is fired. Which decent manager is going to want to come to Miami if he has any other options? Too many manager changes. Just pick one and live with it.

 

 

Seriously. It's a goddamn baseball manager.

Oz will be fired it's only a matter of when not if. To counter that negative publicity Loria might go with Mike Lowell. Due to him being a fan favorite and cheap ala Mike Matheny and Ventura.

I hate this team. Such a bunch of dramatic ass clowns.

 

Watch it, when you say something negative about the team you are label a Troll.

You are what you are, and It is what it is. But using revisionist history to justify something that didn't exist at the time is laughable-

Oz will be fired it's only a matter of when not if. To counter that negative publicity Loria might go with Mike Lowell. Due to him being a fan favorite and cheap ala Mike Matheny and Ventura.

 

 

I don't understand why some people are against trying Mike Lowell. Ozzie has experience and a world series but According to a lot of the board he makes some pretty stupid decisions. I don't see how it could be much worse and Mike doesn't go off with the mouth like Ozzie either.

 

If Ozzie does get fired which I'm not in favor of, I have no problem grabbing Lowell. Better the Valentine.

@Buster_ESPN: "Marlins are aggressively seeking a replacement for Ozzie Guillen. Will they wait to find someone before firing him? We'll see."

Olney is dumb.

Ozzie's interview after the game was pretty telling...

 

He said this year was his best managerial job since he actually had to manage. I won't go so far as to say he's an awful manager, but if THIS was his managing (poor bullpen decisions, 20+ games under .500) then I don't know if we want him back next year. Obviously the players sucked, but still, his best managerial job only because he actually had to manage? C'mon, Ozzie...

Mike Lowell has made it abundantly clear that he does not wish to manage or coach at this time. He wants to see his kids grow up for at least the next x years (and x > 5).

 

If you were financially set like him, wouldn't you do the same?

Ozzie's interview after the game was pretty telling...

 

He said this year was his best managerial job since he actually had to manage. I won't go so far as to say he's an awful manager, but if THIS was his managing (poor bullpen decisions, 20+ games under .500) then I don't know if we want him back next year. Obviously the players sucked, but still, his best managerial job only because he actually had to manage? C'mon, Ozzie...

I didn't see the interview but using possible he meant the actual job instead of performance? Like freedom to do what he wants etc.

 

Possibly. You never know with Ozzie, since his English is only like 20% coherent.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.