Think we can get Wil Myers from KC?

Piazza31

Kansas City is shopping one of their top prospects, Wil Myers for Starting Pitching.

Think the Marlins may be able to pry him away? Everyone knows Nolasco is available and KC has already hooked up in trades with the Marlins in the past (Mike Jacobs).

Hopefully they give it a run, Myers has played 3B and CF for AAA last year.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=p_pbp&pid=571976

We don't have a SP worthy enough. The only one who might possibly get it done is Turner. It doesn't seem to make sense for either side.

KC would probably want Nolasco since they love overpaying for mediocre SP's apparently because Dayton Moore is a weirdo in that sense, but it would just be a salary dump. Nolasco is worth a lot of nothing, at this point.

If you notice, the teams rumored to be in talks for Myers (Rays, A's, Mariners, D'Backs) are all loaded with good young pitching.

We don't have a SP worthy enough. The only one who might possibly get it done is Turner. It doesn't seem to make sense for either side.

KC would probably want Nolasco since they love overpaying for mediocre SP's apparently because Dayton Moore is a weirdo in that sense, but it would just be a salary dump. Nolasco is worth a lot of nothing, at this point.

If you notice, the teams rumored to be in talks for Myers (Rays, A's, Mariners, D'Backs) are all loaded with good young pitching.

Chance we can put Conley, Eovaldi or similar with Nolasco and pry him?

Fernandez, Stanton, Yelich, and Heaney for Myers.

GIT'R'DUN!

I don't think so, no.

Many project Conley/Eovaldi types to be future relievers because they lack secondary pitches.

I would think that adding Nolasco to the deal actually decreases the chances of getting Myers, if anything. It's a bad salary/stopgap; he holds zero/possibly negative value in a trade like this.

Ways to acquire Myers are:

1. Trading Stanton for KC's farm system starting with Myers (honestly, if they do trade Stanton, KC wouldn't be a terrible choice)

2. If they're interested in Turner or Fernandez straight up.

I would only trade Stanton if you know for sure he's not re-signing so nay to that.

I wouldn't trade Fernandez or Turner for Myers.

All in all, I don't think the two teams match up unless Stanton demands a trade and KC is interested.

I think that people need to get it through their skulls that Nolasco has virtually no trade value because of his contract. The Marlins would want any potential trade partner to eat all or most of the $11.5 million he's owed, which means that they wouldn't get any decent talent back in return. In fact, the Marlins would probably have to throw in someone else just to dump that money.

Now that Wil Myers has been discussed, I'd like to add that the presence of Ricky Nolasco on this team is really annoying. We should start a thread about how much it sucks to have Ricky Nolasco on this team. I really hope Samson was lying when he said he'd be on the team on Opening Day.

I was fine keeping him around 'til the trade deadline when the others were still here, but now it's just an absolute waste of time. Just dump his salary already to a team like KC or Colorado and move on. Give the ball to a young guy who might actually have a future with the team.

The season needs to start because posts are getting really out there.

We really need the dislike system to come back, but then Piazza will whine when 11 people downvote the first post in this thread.

What's the big f***ing deal about a pointless thread, it's a discussion board not a newspaper. Skip the discussion if you have a problem with it.

Look at the other BS thread about Jennings comment, discussions occur.

Just because you're a tight ass righteous prick doesn't mean others wouldn't want to enjoy a discussion.

Now that Wil Myers has been discussed, I'd like to add that the presence of Ricky Nolasco on this team is really annoying. We should start a thread about how much it sucks to have Ricky Nolasco on this team. I really hope Samson was lying when he said he'd be on the team on Opening Day.

I was fine keeping him around 'til the trade deadline when the others were still here, but now it's just an absolute waste of time. Just dump his salary already to a team like KC or Colorado and move on. Give the ball to a young guy who might actually have a future with the team.

Maybe Samson is dumb enough to think that trading Nolasco is "too much" and would put the fan anger over the edge. I might actually believe the Nolasco/Stanton friendship theory if the Marlins were rumored to be trying to negotiate a Stanton extension this offseason.