Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post game MIA @ WAS 4-1-2013

Featured Replies

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

Meh, the 2012 Marlins looked exactly the same on Opening Night.

 

They looked worse.

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

Quall was good, Nolasco was ok. Stanton was good (Espada is the one who messed up)

 

Ok, I see your point. Everyone else was asleep at the wheel

Oh well. Win the series.

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.

Meh, the 2012 Marlins looked exactly the same on Opening Night.

 

They looked worse.

Actually that's true. Lohse was no-hitting us.

 

 

We were no hit for 18 ABs after that JP lead off single today :p

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.

 

It's one game against one of the best pitchers. Y'all don't give me that Bs about the past 3 years, I read it in the game thread. Give it a couple platooned games. Then ill be right there with you. The team liked his mechanics in spring training and saw something thar made them think 09 Cogs was back and Ruggiano still didn't get alot of work in ST. Things will quickly work themselves between the two on field.

 

Regardless cogs alone didnt lose this game. That's The main point I wanted to make.

We'll get em next game

 

No. No we won't. Our very own local pitching against us who also has nasty stuff.

We always suck in April, but when May comes around we become hitting/scoring machines. Stanton will probably hit 20 home runs in May alone.

 

For 21 RBI.

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.

It's one game against one of the best pitchers. Y'all don't give me that Bs about the past 3 years, I read it in the game thread. Give it a couple platooned games. Then ill be right there with you. The team liked his mechanics in spring training and saw something thar made them think 09 Cogs was back and Ruggiano still didn't get alot of work in ST. Things will quickly work themselves between the two on field.

 

Regardless cogs alone didnt lose this game. That's The main point I wanted to make.

 

3 years of data is "BS?"

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.

It's one game against one of the best pitchers. Y'all don't give me that Bs about the past 3 years, I read it in the game thread. Give it a couple platooned games. Then ill be right there with you. The team liked his mechanics in spring training and saw something thar made them think 09 Cogs was back and Ruggiano still didn't get alot of work in ST. Things will quickly work themselves between the two on field.

 

Regardless cogs alone didnt lose this game. That's The main point I wanted to make.

 

3 years of data is "BS?"

 

 

 

The defending Coghlan thing to any degree is really quite baffling to me but whatever. Maybe he'll magically hit 15 home runs and steal 15 bases this year (something ruggiano is pretty much guaranteed to do as a full timer).

I also would rather see Ruggiano get the starts.

 

Strasberg got way too much credit. We just had no f***ing patience and made him more successful than he should have been.

 

I agree. Strasburg is actually better than how he pitched today which is pretty scary for us...

I agree I didn't think Strausburg looked like the great pitcher he is. It was just a "meh" game for him, and yet he still dominated us.

 

Scary indeed.

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.It's one game against one of the best pitchers. Y'all don't give me that Bs about the past 3 years, I read it in the game thread. Give it a couple platooned games. Then ill be right there with you. The team liked his mechanics in spring training and saw something thar made them think 09 Cogs was back and Ruggiano still didn't get alot of work in ST. Things will quickly work themselves between the two on field.

 

Regardless cogs alone didnt lose this game. That's The main point I wanted to make.

 

3 years of data is "BS?" No, not completely but completely ignoring the FOs reason for playing Coghlan on a platoon basis is, which is what y'all are doing. They saw something they liked in Spring training that made them want to give him a chance. If they said Coghlan is your 2013 center fielder I would be right behind you but it is on a platoon basis untill somewhere carries it away.

I don't know what you all are watching, Coghlan had good Ab's. Took pitches, was robbed of a walk, from what I saw today I think we will be fine. Stanton has to be more patient, Juan pierre, and Polanco are going to be solid. Everyone need to calm down, we are going to lose 59 more games, at least, and here is a bold prediction we are going to win 60 games at least. I think if we play like we did today again we will be fine.

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.

It's one game against one of the best pitchers. Y'all don't give me that Bs about the past 3 years, I read it in the game thread. Give it a couple platooned games. Then ill be right there with you. The team liked his mechanics in spring training and saw something thar made them think 09 Cogs was back and Ruggiano still didn't get alot of work in ST. Things will quickly work themselves between the two on field.

 

Regardless cogs alone didnt lose this game. That's The main point I wanted to make.3 years of data is "BS?"

No, not completely but completely ignoring the FOs reason for playing Coghlan on a platoon basis is, which is what y'all are doing. They saw something they liked in Spring training that made them want to give him a chance. If they said Coghlan is your 2013 center fielder I would be right behind you but it is on a platoon basis untill somewhere carries it away.

 

 

 

I don't know what you all are watching, Coghlan had good Ab's. Took pitches, was robbed of a walk, from what I saw today I think we will be fine. Stanton has to be more patient, Juan pierre, and Polanco are going to be solid. Everyone need to calm down, we are going to lose 59 more games, at least, and here is a bold prediction we are going to win 60 games at least. I think if we play like we did today we are going to be fine.

 

lol. I guess you missed his ballerina swing and a miss strike 3. His final AB that pitch was right down the middle. His first bat was decent in that he moved JP over, but he swung at a ball so it was still terrible but good for him since he didn't K and or cause a double play. For the last time, he has 0 business on an mlb roster. Even the marlins.

I think it's hilarious that everyone is hounding Cogs for this game. Everybody else sure came through didn't they? You all are funny

 

I pick specifically on cogs and his ballerina swing/complaining at strike 3 right down the middle face because he has no business being the mlb. Dude from fangraphs hit the nail on the head:

 

Here, in 2013, Chris Coghlan is left-handed, and a center fielder. Those are some of the best things you can say about him.It's one game against one of the best pitchers. Y'all don't give me that Bs about the past 3 years, I read it in the game thread. Give it a couple platooned games. Then ill be right there with you. The team liked his mechanics in spring training and saw something thar made them think 09 Cogs was back and Ruggiano still didn't get alot of work in ST. Things will quickly work themselves between the two on field.

 

Regardless cogs alone didnt lose this game. That's The main point I wanted to make.

 

3 years of data is "BS?"

 

 

The defending Coghlan thing to any degree is really quite baffling to me but whatever. Maybe he'll magically hit 15 home runs and steal 15 bases this year (something ruggiano is pretty much guaranteed to do as a full timer).

 

How is it pretty much guaranteed? Because he had a good season while healthy last year? This of course gives him a edge on Coghlan but it doesn't mean the FO can't try to Milk the last bit of worth they think Coghlan has.

Pollyvonvog,

I had to listen on the radio but ill say it again, it's one game against Strasburg, when other people on the team didnt do jack shit with the bat either, and it was in a platoon situation.

Pollyvonvog,

I had to listen on the radio but ill say it again, it's one game against Strasburg, when other people on the team didnt do jack s*** with the bat either, while he was in a platoon situation.

 

I get that everyone sucked especially polanco with that boneheaded base-running move. I just don't understand and see no reason why Coghlan is getting the majority of ABs in CF versus Ruggiano who is better than him offensively and defensively. Nothing in Coghlan's spring was worthy of Ruggiano being platooned. They pulled the same s*** last year with Ruggiano while he was raking (not with coghlan..forget who they platooned him with for a while). It's not even like Ruggiano was bad against righties last year. I do not get it!

 

But whatever. Maybe Cogs will pan out.....(crickets).....

Meh, the 2012 Marlins looked exactly the same on Opening Night.

 

They looked worse.

Actually that's true. Lohse was no-hitting us.

 

 

We were no hit for 18 ABs after that JP lead off single today :p

 

I was actually giddy on Pierre's hit in the first-just said aloud "at least we can't get no hit".

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.