Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post game MIA @ WAS 4-1-2013

Featured Replies

Make him a pitcher. The right-handed Jamie Moyer. Have him close. Problem solved.

 

His hands are too small. We have a better chance with Henry Rowengartner.

This season is a waste anyway, might as well waste it trying to find some value in players that don't have any...

Liked the pitching and defense. Offense was bad.

 

I would get used to the offense being like this.

Guys are we really arguing about cogs and Justin.

 

The funnier part is that there is a "Chris Coghlan is the Opening Day CF'er" where this grand debate could take place, but instead it clusters up this thread.

 

Nolasco didn't pitch that badly really.

Liked the pitching and defense. Offense was bad.

 

I would get used to the offense being like this.I came in expecting it. I think the starting pitching will be bad, though. On the bright side, the defense looks like it can be very good.

All in all a competitive effort by both pitching staffs, especially the starters...and an inept effort by both offenses with the exception of Bryce Harper. The Nats offense otherwise consisted of 3 singles. Our offense featured 2 singles and a double.I'd be more concerned if I was a Nats fan about offense. We already know our offense is sketchy outside of Stanton.

All in all a competitive effort by both pitching staffs, especially the starters...and an inept effort by both offenses with the exception of Bryce Harper. The Nats offense otherwise consisted of 3 singles. Our offense featured 2 singles and a double.I'd be more concerned if I was a Nats fan about offense. We already know our offense is sketchy outside of Stanton.

 

Good point. The Nats pitching will save them more often than not I believe.

Just loss number one of 100 plus. Get used to it.

 

Keep dreamingNot dreaming. It will soon become apparent how bad this team really is.

The best April Fool's joke would be for Loria to announce that he sold the team. And then trade Stanton instead.

I think this season could be a lot like 2006.

 

Except all of our players aren't young nobody's and prospects.

 

I feel like this season will be more like the 1994 or 1995 season.

Pitching and Defense, it looked better than I thought.

 

Offense would be key of this season but hitting has been a cycle of up and down, as you know.

 

So I think it's not afraid of it.

The best April Fool's joke would be for Loria to announce that he sold the team. And then trade Stanton instead.

 

There actually was an April Fool's report that he did. It was on twitter.

This year's team is going to be easy to criticize all season long, but let's not hold the players and coaches liable for the sins we see in the owners. It's better, if you're going to follow the team all year, to look to the minor accomplishments that are made that could lead to something down the road. It was nice today to see the team get through opening day as it's been a tumultuous winter. They could have melted down on the road against a strong opponent with their ace on the mound, in a stadium packed with excited fans. They hung in there and played decent defense. Nolasco pitched really well. The bullpen did well against some very good batters really trying to get that first hit of the season...Redmond handled things well.

Figured we'd get shut out against Strasburg.

 

Moving on.

 

Alot of teams are going to get shut out by Strasburg, the fact we got hits against him was promising.

I think this season could be a lot like 2006.

 

AgreedYes, Mike Redmond will lead the team back from 20 games under .500 and then Loria will fire him. Just like 2006!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.