Line up come August

nbace

My friend and I were discussing this at Monday's game....the line up on the field today will look nothing like the line up post-trade deadline. Here's what we were thinking.....assuming no injuries.

1B- Lomo

2B- Dietrich

SS- Hech

3B- Cox

RF- Stanton

CF- Yelich

LF- Marisnick

C- Brantley

This assumes Polanco and JP get traded and players like Solano and Dobbs return to bench roles. Also assume that Ricky Nolasco gets traded.

Thoughts?

You need to switch Yelich and Marisnick. Yelich is a natural LF and Marisnick is a CF.

This is what I think (and sort of hope) is the August lineup:

C - Brantly

1B - Lomo

2B - Hech/Dietrich

SS - Profar

3B - Olt

LF - Yelich

CF - Marisnick

RF - Ozuna/Ruggiano

If we somehow land Profar I'd like to deal Hech or Dietrich for pitching.

You need to switch Yelich and Marisnick. Yelich is a natural LF and Marisnick is a CF.

This is what I think (and sort of hope) is the August lineup:

C - Brantly

1B - Lomo

2B - Hech/Dietrich

SS - Profar

3B - Olt

LF - Yelich

CF - Marisnick

RF - Ozuna/Ruggiano

If we somehow land Profar I'd like to deal Hech or Dietrich for pitching.

Bleep off with that- your nuts, can't trade stanton.

Nolasco not going any were with him not pitching well

He is pitching just fine. No need to trade him. He is our leader in a few catagories all-time. Keep him. Then again, as long as Loria and co run this team, even Stanton and our young stars in the minors and Jose Fernadez won't be here for long.

Why should we keep Nolasco?

Always a fire sale. By trading Ricky, Ruggz, JP, Polanco we are having yet another fire sale. No need for this. Keep Ricky as long as possible and Ruggz. TRADE STANTON FOR A KINGS RANSOM.

Keep Ricky and Ruggz.

Trade Stanton for a KINGS RANSOM

Trade JP and Polanco.

Right. Hang on to the pieces that have absolutely no long term value beyond this year to avoid a fire sale, but trade the only marketable player left on the team.

Solano and dobbs definitely need to go back to bench roles.

they wont be trading hechavarria thats for sure.

would be nice to have turner, alvarez, and eovaldi in the rotation.

i also would not trade stanton yet.

if dietrich continues to hit hell be up. right now dietrich, cox, and jensen are hitting which i like.

i could see jensen being a willingham type.

Ruggs has been a good hitter and is under team control for a while. I'd like to hold onto him for a little while.

I'd kinda like to see this lineup come August

C: Brantly

1B: Morrison

2B: Hechevarria

SS: Profar

3B: Olt

LF: Pierre

CF: Yelich

RF: Ruggiano

This team still lacks a lot, A LOT, on offense, but the holes are less glaring. A Stanton trade also potentially improves our rotation as we'd get probably a Perez/Buckel/Grimm within the deal. Hell, we might possibly try and snag Martin (although outfield is probably not a priority in such a trade.) A rotation (assuming we throw Nolasco into a Stanton deal) with Fernandez/Perez/Eovaldi/Alvarez/Heaney by 2014 maybe doesn't look completely awful (ok, it's still pretty damn bad).

In the circumstances that we keep Stanton, I'd like to see

C: Brantly

1B: Morrison

2B: Hechevarria

SS: Valaika (because what the hell)

3B: Dobbs (after we trade Polanco for another mediocre prospect at the deadline)

LF: Yelich

CF: Ruggiano

RF: Stanton

This team is shit, and looks like it might be shit for quite some time. Marlins Baseball, You Gotta be Here! :)

I really, really wish I could play optimist, and I actually think a Stanton trade makes it easier for me to play optimist strangely enough. But man, we're gutted at a lot of spots. We're putting a lot of faith in Marisnick/Nicolino/Hechevarria and the rest of the Blue Jays players we got back to help rebuild this team, and frankly, I don't feel a good deal of confidence about any of the people we got back in that trade.