How much longer do we keep going with Pierre and Polanco 1-2?

h2r09

clarkspencer �@clarkspencer

5m

#Marlins 6/10: Pierre, 7; Polanco 5; Stanton 9; Ozuna 8; Morrison 3; Dietrich 4; Hechavarria 6; Brantly 2; Nolasco 1

At what point do we stop this ridiculousness on one of the worst teams in history to this point? We are 18-44 and we are still hitting these clowns 1-2? What could they possibly do worse to prove they shouldn't be on the team?

Polanco is useless with the bat and Pierre is a slap hitter with speed who cant play in the field because he has a noodle for an arm.

Why aren't younger guys such as Morrison, Dietrich, Ozuna, Brantly, Hechavarria hitting 1 or 2? I know some of those guys are struggling but whats better for the future of the organization, Pierre and Polanco sucking with no hope of any future in them or finding out just how good some of our young guys are? The 2 guys getting the most ab's on this team are the two oldest guys on the team with no future here.

The 2013 Miami Marlins ladies and gentlemen.

The lineup should change in the next few days, not really liking Hech and Dietrich up top either,but since no one's really hitting consistenty so does really matter who hits where? For now I would keep JP at 1, mix and match hech/dietrich/brantly at 2, then go LoMo, Stanton, Oz, Polanco the other two not hitting 2nd. But what do I know?

LF Yelich

C Barnes

3B Moran

CF Ozuna

RF Stanton

1B LoMo

2B Dietrich

SS Hechavarria

P Rodon

One can only dream

Stanton is easily the best hitter on this team. It seems like he's rather underrated now on here. I can't wait until he starts hitting bombs again.

Living in Kansas, I haven't had the opportunity to watch any Marlins games this season. But I do listen to a few on game day radio. For what it's worth, I did hear mention during one game a week or two ago, of a discussion with perry hill, who thought that polanco was the player who suffered the most from Stanton's abscence. I believe stat lines were given for him while Stanton was in the lineup and then while Stanton was on the dl. Basically, in hills opinion, polanco was the bat in the lineup that opposing teams were pitching around while Stanton was gone.

It's hard for me to imagine that Stanton will be on the roster in 2015.

Ive said this time and again, we need to let 2013 play out completely to know if this is true. If we have a decent run from June-October, Stanton might like the future of this team and hopefully he'll be a part of our future.

Ive said this time and again, we need to let 2013 play out completely to know if this is true. If we have a decent run from June-October, Stanton might like the future of this team and hopefully he'll be a part of our future.

It has more to do with what Loria and Beinfest want than what Stanton wants. I can guarantee that the Marlins are concerned with his nagging injuries.

If he's still here, he won't be hitting 5th.

Until Stanton improves his K rate and hitting w/ RISP, I think its rather fitting that he bats fifth.

I think it's the opposite of fitting that the best hitter on the team hits 5th. The three guys at the top of your lineup are unproven.

-Christian Yelich is currently struggling...in AA.

-The Austin Barnes hype seems rather absurd.

-Colin Moran is still playing college baseball.

The idea that all of those guys should get more AB's in games than one of the best young hitters in the game already makes no sense. It's like hitting Juan Pierre and Placido Polanco first and second, respectively. On second thought, the Marlins might just do what you said...

It has more to do with what Loria and Beinfest want than what Stanton wants. I can guarantee that the Marlins are concerned with his nagging injuries.

Ok, agreed. I guess I'm thinking from Stanton's own perspective and then assuming the FO offers him a long term deal.

I don't understand how a hypothetical lineup isn't allowed to assign hypothetical production to the players in it. Who cares if Yelich is struggling right now, there are expectations for him. Stanton probably isn't going to even be here by 2015.

What I'm saying is based on the assumption that Stanton is still here by 2015, which is the case in the lineup he posted.

The point is that Stanton is this team's franchise player and is way better than anyone else on this team. He is way more productive than anyone else on this team. It seems like people forget that he is only 23, as well. The guy is a phenom.

People get really excited about prospects who do well in the minor leagues and tend to ignore guys who have done well in the major leagues. For example, just last year everyone was excited about Rob Brantly. Now, the majority think Rob Brantly sucks and, all of the sudden, Austin Barnes (a 23-year old in A Ball) is our future catcher/2nd hitter.

If Stanton is offered a market rate contract, he'd probably take it. The Marlins have to offer it first.

Probably. You've got to think the injuries he's had are going to play a factor. I don't think the Marlins are going to offer him a contract though.