4/29 Post Game

Missed the game today, but I'll be at the stadium Sunday in hopes that Fernandez is starting that day.

Jose Fernandez and Giancarlo Stanton are core players on a championship team. We aren't one now, but building a long term contender MUST contain those two players. A 21 year old who might be one of the two best pitchers in baseball, and a 24 year old who is likely the best pure power hitter in baseball are...well wait a minute this sounds like that 2003 season where we had that awesome 23 year old pitcher who won World Series MVP or something and that great hitter who won the triple crown or something...

And now I'm sad. Don't make me sad Loria. Lock 'em up.

Missed the game today, but I'll be at the stadium Sunday in hopes that Fernandez is starting that day.

Jose Fernandez and Giancarlo Stanton are core players on a championship team. We aren't one now, but building a long term contender MUST contain those two players. A 21 year old who might be one of the two best pitchers in baseball, and a 24 year old who is likely the best pure power hitter in baseball are...well wait a minute this sounds like that 2003 season where we had that awesome 23 year old pitcher who won World Series MVP or something and that great hitter who won the triple crown or something...

And now I'm sad. Don't make me sad Loria. Lock 'em up.

The definition of insanity would be expecting a different result from Loria. Things will never work out with him. You will not see them both in a Marlin uniform long term.

Guest Vince0926

I think if you look at everything as a whole from newspaper articles to his attitude to his performance he will start it. I figure 4 quality starts in each May and June and he will get it

Gammons tweet about Jose:

Peter Gammons �@pgammo · 12h

What are we watching in Jose Fernandez's 1st 34 starts:212.1 IP, 136 H, 66 BB, 212 K, 2.08. Damn right, historic

You just dont see a 21 year old like this. IMO, he is already the best pitcher in the NL, and one of the top pitchers in all of baseball.