Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/3 Post Game

Featured Replies

If we win tomorrow I want them to come out with a new shirt that says "Jose Knows"

If we win tomorrow I want them to come out with a new shirt that says "Jose Knows"

 

If we win tomorrow, I want to see Turner smile.

I can take losing 7-6 or whatever considering we were down by 5 but all we needed was a sac fly or a ball and had multiple chances. Battling back is one thing but you gotta get over the hump. Need these kinds of games to really see improvement.

Capps was super impressive. Pleasant surprise.

 

Not surprising at all. If you follow his advanced statistics instead of going by the eye test then his results so far have been pretty expected. The dude throws 101mph wit control and a plus slider. Nothing surprising here. Give him the setup rolr

send this guy packing already! Cut the loses, can't all be great pick-ups...he was a bust. Out with him!

Marmol hasn't looked good since Day 1. At least Dunn has been awesome in stretches, the last few games especially.

I'm waiting for ... to come into this thread and remind us that the Marlins signed Marmol because they could correct his delivery.

 

Don't put words in my mouth. What I've said was that the FO thought that he had changed his delivery and would have better control. I also said that he would continue to be put into late, important situations until he either proves himself or fails. Both were and are true.

 

10 or so innings ain't much, but his BB/9 still sucks. They were smart enough to DFA Dobbs, with any luck they'll do the same with Marmol and just eat the relatively small $ as a potentially good idea and reclamation project that failed.

Guys, as understandable as the Marmol hate is right now... Stanton lost us this one when he had three horrendous swings in the 8th... In the 9th, Yelich lost us this one when he couldn't put a ball in play and Dietrich lost us this one when he swung at a 3-1 pitch to let Chris Perez off the hook... In the 10th McGehee lost us this one when he grounded into a double play and Ozuna lost us this one when he was swinging for the fences like a cartoon character with a man on third....

 

I'm furious at Marmol myself but seriously there's a lot of blame to go around. We were one pitch away from this one multiple times. We gave this game away.

Guys, as understandable as the Marmol hate is right now... Stanton lost us this one when he had three horrendous swings in the 8th... In the 9th, Yelich lost us this one when he couldn't put a ball in play and Dietrich lost us this one when he swung at a 3-1 pitch to let Chris Perez off the hook... In the 10th McGehee lost us this one when he grounded into a double play and Ozuna lost us this one when he was swinging for the fences like a cartoon character with a man on third....

 

I'm furious at Marmol myself but seriously there's a lot of blame to go around. We were one pitch away from this one multiple times. We gave this game away.

This is true. As I said, we had multiple chances to win 3 straight innings.

Guys, as understandable as the Marmol hate is right now... Stanton lost us this one when he had three horrendous swings in the 8th... In the 9th, Yelich lost us this one when he couldn't put a ball in play and Dietrich lost us this one when he swung at a 3-1 pitch to let Chris Perez off the hook... In the 10th McGehee lost us this one when he grounded into a double play and Ozuna lost us this one when he was swinging for the fences like a cartoon character with a man on third....

 

I'm furious at Marmol myself but seriously there's a lot of blame to go around. We were one pitch away from this one multiple times. We gave this game away.

 

It's difficult for me to blame the offense considering they scored seven runs. That should be enough to win.

The pitching lost this one - starting pitching when you get down to it. Marmol has been struggling, and we left a lot of men on base, but the team scored 7. And the 3-0 to Dietrich was a ball.

  • Author

The pitching lost this one - starting pitching when you get down to it. Marmol has been struggling, and we left a lot of men on base, but the team scored 7. And the 3-0 to Dietrich was a ball.

Gameday had it as a strike, and I think it was, too. Right at the knees.

However, we not only let Perez off the hook, we gave Withrow a pass in the 8th as well, and then League in the 10th. I know, we scored 7. But, we had so many chances to get more and didn't. Almost lucky we got 7.

The pitching lost this one - starting pitching when you get down to it. Marmol has been struggling, and we left a lot of men on base, but the team scored 7. And the 3-0 to Dietrich was a ball.

I cant get that 3-0 to Dietrich at bat out of my mind

I thought the 3-0 to Dietrich was a strike myself. While I also would have been taking all the way 3-1, the pitch he swung at was also a strike. So who knows what happens 3-2, but you do know you're getting another fastball.

I couldn't agree more with you, Silver Bullet 1929. Marmol was only one reason why we lost last night.

I was at the game last night.

Even though there were lots of Dodger fan , there was a vibe present in the stadium that I had not felt since 2003. Every Marlins fan was going crazy when we had the bases loaded in the later innings. People has nervous smiles in anticipation of a fantastic comeback walk-off win. Even though we lost, it was a fantastic game with plenty of excitement and drama that only a true sports fans (like the people in this blog) can really appreciate. If this year's team can give us more games like this it will be a very enjoyable season. Imagine if we win a few of these nail biters!

Guys, as understandable as the Marmol hate is right now... Stanton lost us this one when he had three horrendous swings in the 8th... In the 9th, Yelich lost us this one when he couldn't put a ball in play and Dietrich lost us this one when he swung at a 3-1 pitch to let Chris Perez off the hook... In the 10th McGehee lost us this one when he grounded into a double play and Ozuna lost us this one when he was swinging for the fences like a cartoon character with a man on third....

 

I'm furious at Marmol myself but seriously there's a lot of blame to go around. We were one pitch away from this one multiple times. We gave this game away.

I couldn't agree more with you, Silver Bullet 1929. Marmol was only one reason why we lost last night.

I was at the game last night.

Even though there were lots of Dodger fan , there was a vibe present in the stadium that I had not felt since 2003. Every Marlins fan was going crazy when we had the bases loaded in the later innings. People has nervous smiles in anticipation of a fantastic comeback walk-off win. Even though we lost, it was a fantastic game with plenty of excitement and drama that only a true sports fans (like the people in this blog) can really appreciate. If this year's team can give us more games like this it will be a very enjoyable season. Imagine if we win a few of these nail biters!

I was there and completely concur with your assessment.

 

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.