Vote, Bitches!!!

Did anyone else vote for McGehee or is that just me being a homer?

It was between Wright and Casey for me and I feel like Casey has certainly played at an all star level so far and has earned some votes.

He's an all star for the marlins at 3b considering he's mid .700 ops and hitting out of his mind with RISP right now. Arenado and Frazier should both technically be ahead of him though from a statistical perspective, but casey is actually 4th in OPS among NL 3b this year. I mean that is utterly shocking really. If he can keep this up, he's basically a lock for come back player of the year I would think.

Did anyone else vote for McGehee or is that just me being a homer?

It was between Wright and Casey for me and I feel like Casey has certainly played at an all star level so far and has earned some votes.

I did. He's been playing pretty well this year. He, at least, deserves a look. Probably won't go though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

He's an all star for the marlins at 3b considering he's mid .700 ops and hitting out of his mind with RISP right now. Arenado and Frazier should both technically be ahead of him though from a statistical perspective, but casey is actually 4th in OPS among NL 3b this year. I mean that is utterly shocking really. If he can keep this up, he's basically a lock for come back player of the year I would think.

Garrett Jones could easily win Comeback Player of the Year as well. I believe his OPS is actually higher, in the low .800 range.

Garrett Jones could easily win Comeback Player of the Year as well. I believe his OPS is actually higher, in the low .800 range.

Yeah but Casey went to Japan and hasn't been mlb relevant since like 2010, but we're still 100 games away from season's end and all that.

Also, If our doofus FO would actually start platooning Jones with Lucas like they should Jones would have a much higher OPS right now.

Old school or new school I'd venture to say that batting average is important at the end of the season. Because at that point it's more than just an average, it's a permanent ratio of hits to at bats. It reflects impact, deserved or not (what I mean by that is... if something like BABIP is suggestive of a lower BA, it really doesn't matter).

I think my favorite case of this is Ricky Nolasco. All his peripherals suggested he was due for better performance. But when the season ends, he's still got shitty performance facts. And at the end of the season, fact is fact and there's no hiding it.