December 16, 201411 yr Maybe Loria has nudes? What a deal if true. Loria is love. Loria is life. Morse seems like the kind a guy that wouldn't care if someone had nude pictures of him. LOL
December 16, 201411 yr Is Morse really a big, if any, improvement over a Jones/Baker platoon? Yes, he is. A full year at 1B gives him a better chance to stay healthy. If healthy, he's a better player than those two guys. The fact that he's not a platoon player should help us with Baker too. Now that we have an every day player at 1B, we can move Baker around and put his versatility to good use. Baker can give Morse a day off, he can give Dee a day off, and he can give McGehee days off too. Hopefully he gets most of his playing time against lefties of course. Still though, this is definitely an upgrade at a reasonable price.
December 16, 201411 yr If that price range is right, GM Moore should apologize to Royals fan. He should do that anyway. The Rios and Morales signings are putrid, and Ned Yost is still their manager.
December 16, 201411 yr He should do that anyway. The Rios and Morales signings are putrid, and Ned Yost is still their manager. I don't think the Rios deal was putrid to be fair.
December 16, 201411 yr I don't think the Rios deal was putrid to be fair. $11 million for a guy trending downwards in almost every offensive category seems like too much for a fingers-crossed-that-he'll-be-2012-Alex-Rios-again signing. That being said, it is not nearly as bad as the Kendrys Morales signing. I need Scott Boras to negotiate my next contract.
December 16, 201411 yr I need Scott Boras to negotiate my next contract. I want him to just negotiate everything for me, maybe I'll get more than just a free coke with my chinese
December 16, 201411 yr I want him to just negotiate everything for me, maybe I'll get more than just a free coke with my chinese Sources: Admin W. to acquire three New York City Panda Express franchises for $7.99. Incentives in the deal could lead to four extra fortune cookies by 2016.
December 16, 201411 yr Will Mike Morse change his name to Giancarlo Morse, by the way? I made that joke somewhere else over an hour ago, you read my mind or you're a spy
December 16, 201411 yr I made that joke somewhere else over an hour ago, you read my mind or you're a spy
December 16, 201411 yr Thought this was pretty cool: Stanton sighting at 7:15 He acts, looks and sounds like he's from Miami and not Ft. Lauderdale
December 16, 201411 yr Sullivan on the Morse deal: Jeff Sullivan I don't think it's a *great* deal, just because of Morse's injury history and lack of defensive ability anywhere, but that's a cheaper deal than I expected him to find on the market so in that sense I think the Marlins did fine. They're still not going to win the NL East, but I think they're gunning for second place and the wild card via · less than a minute ago Jeff Sullivan I'd rather have Morse for 2/8 than Morales for 2/17 or Cruz for 4/58
December 16, 201411 yr Morse for 2/$12 is a great deal. He made $6m in 2014 and $6.75m in 2013. Sounds like he gave a bit of a hometown discount to come play for the Fish.
December 16, 201411 yr Pirates President Frank Coonelly says that the Marlins don't expect to pay Morse a dime of that money
December 16, 201411 yr In an unrelated story, White Sox signing Brad Penny... I thought they were trying to upgrade that team?
December 16, 201411 yr 2015 500k 2016 11.5 Firesale after we win the WS You joke but I bet you there will be at least one "fan" on Twitter that says "Firesale" seriously when we trade Jones.
December 16, 201411 yr In an unrelated story, White Sox signing Brad Penny... I thought they were trying to upgrade that team? "Veteran Presence" "Experience" "Fucking Awful at Baseball" "Yup, Penny fits all three. Sign him up!" -White Sox GM
December 16, 201411 yr You joke but I bet you there will be at least one "fan" on Twitter that says "Firesale" seriously when we trade Jones. I'll say it, but only because I hope they set him on fire when they sell him. Just kidding, I'm sure he's a lovely person but holy shit is he bad at sports.
December 16, 201411 yr "Veteran Presence" "Experience" "Fucking Awful at Baseball" "Yup, Penny fits all three. Sign him up!" -White Sox GM Dollar Wise and Penny Foolish. See what I did there? Throw that dog pic up SITA
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.