Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins sign Michael Morse to 2-year deal

Featured Replies

Good pickup. Pretty much sets the Marlins up to make a run at second in the division and a WC.

 

 

ESPN reporting it as a 2 year/8 mil TOTAL contract

 

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12036030/michael-morse-miami-marlins-agreement-place

 

 

Oh...my...god

 

That is such a goddamn steal I don't even know what to say. Even at just $6 million a year it's a great deal.

 

Loria you magnificent son of a b...There's got to be a lot of incentives in this deal right? Just really strange for it to be so low after having a decent season he had last season. Plus he'll be a much more valuable player for us at 1B than he was for the Giants in LF.

 

I love love love love this deal. Morse is the guy I wanted all along since he didn't cost us prospects and I feel will hit just as good if not better than LaRoche next season. If he comes this much cheaper than LaRoche, I would've been in on Morse the entire time.

 

 

If it is 2/12, that's a fantastic deal.

 

I think save for maybe another pen arm, we're done.

 

Still waiting on Haren to make up his damn mind.

 

 

Dollar Wise and Penny Foolish. See what I did there?

 

Throw that dog pic up SITA

 

 

 

In for a penny...in for a pound

 

 

Pirates President Frank Coonelly says that the Marlins don't expect to pay Morse a dime of that money

 

 

Now that's funny!

One very productive season when not injured. Will make a difference and is fairly cheap. I like this to an extent. WS experience is a plus and the guy may be able to display some power even in the big park. Wish we could have gotten a little more but we would have had to give up some prospects and spend a lot more. May be a steal if he stays healthy.

 

 

I thought it would take 2 years $20 million. That's why when I heard 2 years $8 million or even $12 million it didn't really add up. $16 million plus performance bonuses sounds about right.

 

 

Admin do I get credit for having said very early on that Morse was the right match in F/A for the Marlins for 1st base (I may actually have been the first)

 

I hear some disappointment amongst a few, which can be understood because he isn't Votto or Goldschmidt, however for the Marlins lineup he doesn't need to be. He is without question a power threat in the middle of the lineup more so than Garrett Jones ever was...He can field the position significantly better than Jones

 

(Do not forget he was once a SS). He is a very likable guy in the Clubhouse. Concerns about him will always be injuries but hopefully he can stay healthy for a greater part of the season just because he is playing his natural position of 1st base. The swing and miss will also be an issue... but how many Marlins do not struggle with that? It is almost a team signature.

 

He is a local kid so this actually could be a huge boost for him to come back home.

 

I fel that Marlins fan will take a liking to him real fast

 

This just feels right, I believe Stanton is going to appreciate Morse batting in the lineup after him. Surely Morse will benefit enormously as well

 

 

Admin do I get credit for having said very early on that Morse was the right match in F/A for the Marlins for 1st base (I may actually have been the first)

 

I hear some disappointment amongst a few, which can be understood because he isn't Votto or Goldschmidt, however for the Marlins lineup he doesn't need to be. He is without question a power threat in the middle of the lineup more so than Garrett Jones ever was...He can field the position significantly better than Jones

 

(Do not forget he was once a SS). He is a very likable guy in the Clubhouse. Concerns about him will always be injuries but hopefully he can stay healthy for a greater part of the season just because he is playing his natural position of 1st base. The swing and miss will also be an issue... but how many Marlins do not struggle with that? It is almost a team signature.

 

He is a local kid so this actually could be a huge boost for him to come back home.

 

I fel that Marlins fan will take a liking to him real fast

 

This just feels right, I believe Stanton is going to appreciate Morse batting in the lineup after him. Surely Morse will benefit enormously as well

 

 

I hate it when people do this. It's not like there were a ton of options to begin with.

 

 

I hate it when people do this. It's not like there were a ton of options to begin with.

 

"The choices are between this and that."

"I choose that!"

*6 months later*

"We have signed that."

"I TOLD YOU!"

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.