Marlins sign Michael Morse to 2-year deal

ESPN reporting it as a 2 year/8 mil TOTAL contract

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12036030/michael-morse-miami-marlins-agreement-place

Oh...my...god

That is such a goddamn steal I don't even know what to say. Even at just $6 million a year it's a great deal.

Loria you magnificent son of a b...There's got to be a lot of incentives in this deal right? Just really strange for it to be so low after having a decent season he had last season. Plus he'll be a much more valuable player for us at 1B than he was for the Giants in LF.

I love love love love this deal. Morse is the guy I wanted all along since he didn't cost us prospects and I feel will hit just as good if not better than LaRoche next season. If he comes this much cheaper than LaRoche, I would've been in on Morse the entire time.

One very productive season when not injured. Will make a difference and is fairly cheap. I like this to an extent. WS experience is a plus and the guy may be able to display some power even in the big park. Wish we could have gotten a little more but we would have had to give up some prospects and spend a lot more. May be a steal if he stays healthy.

Admin do I get credit for having said very early on that Morse was the right match in F/A for the Marlins for 1st base (I may actually have been the first)

I hear some disappointment amongst a few, which can be understood because he isn't Votto or Goldschmidt, however for the Marlins lineup he doesn't need to be. He is without question a power threat in the middle of the lineup more so than Garrett Jones ever was...He can field the position significantly better than Jones

(Do not forget he was once a SS). He is a very likable guy in the Clubhouse. Concerns about him will always be injuries but hopefully he can stay healthy for a greater part of the season just because he is playing his natural position of 1st base. The swing and miss will also be an issue... but how many Marlins do not struggle with that? It is almost a team signature.

He is a local kid so this actually could be a huge boost for him to come back home.

I fel that Marlins fan will take a liking to him real fast

This just feels right, I believe Stanton is going to appreciate Morse batting in the lineup after him. Surely Morse will benefit enormously as well

Admin do I get credit for having said very early on that Morse was the right match in F/A for the Marlins for 1st base (I may actually have been the first)

I hear some disappointment amongst a few, which can be understood because he isn't Votto or Goldschmidt, however for the Marlins lineup he doesn't need to be. He is without question a power threat in the middle of the lineup more so than Garrett Jones ever was...He can field the position significantly better than Jones

(Do not forget he was once a SS). He is a very likable guy in the Clubhouse. Concerns about him will always be injuries but hopefully he can stay healthy for a greater part of the season just because he is playing his natural position of 1st base. The swing and miss will also be an issue... but how many Marlins do not struggle with that? It is almost a team signature.

He is a local kid so this actually could be a huge boost for him to come back home.

I fel that Marlins fan will take a liking to him real fast

This just feels right, I believe Stanton is going to appreciate Morse batting in the lineup after him. Surely Morse will benefit enormously as well

I hate it when people do this. It's not like there were a ton of options to begin with.