December 16, 201411 yr So, besides trying to shake off Jones' contract, whats next for the team? Or are we done? I think we're done. Maybe we'll get a bullpen arm or sign a veteran bench bat.
December 16, 201411 yr Anyone know more or less what our payroll looks like after this? If the rumored 2/16 is true, I'm not sure if it's backloaded or not. It'll be easier to tell once this contract is finalized
December 16, 201411 yr Yes Depending on what Morse you get. I just hate how inconsistent his career has been.
December 16, 201411 yr If the rumored 2/16 is true, I'm not sure if it's backloaded or not. It'll be easier to tell once this contract is finalized I hadn't heard the terms. Now I feel much better. A 2/16 for him is actually pretty fair.
December 16, 201411 yr I hadn't heard the terms. Now I feel much better. A 2/16 for him is actually pretty fair. That's a rumor I started from some info that came to me, don't think any writer has said it yet. It's not confirmed but I think it'll end up accurate.
December 16, 201411 yr That's a rumor I started from some info that came to me, don't think any writer has said it yet. It's not confirmed but I think it'll end up accurate. Run with it- get its glory!
December 16, 201411 yr Run with it- get its glory! I don't have much experience with this source yet so I'm fearful to actually run with it but I think it'll end up right.
December 16, 201411 yr his UZR/150 last year in 336 innings of 1b was about -4.1, which would be a drastic upgrade over Jonesy. He is also clearly the better offensive player and easily an upgrade over the Jones/Baker platoon. Steamer has Morse at .7 WAR more than Jones and that number is going to go up with Morse being 1b only. Wild card gonna wild card I guess.
December 16, 201411 yr I don't have much experience with this source yet so I'm fearful to actually run with it but I think it'll end up right. Frank Coonelly? That bastaards spreading lies- run from it, hide from its gloryhole.
December 16, 201411 yr Decent sign. not cartwheels good, but good nonetheless. There'll be no reason for him to ever set foot in the outfield.
December 16, 201411 yr ESPN reporting it as a 2 year/8 mil TOTAL contract http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12036030/michael-morse-miami-marlins-agreement-place
December 16, 201411 yr ESPN reporting it as a 2 year/8 mil TOTAL contract http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12036030/michael-morse-miami-marlins-agreement-place Well that simply can't be right
December 16, 201411 yr Didn't have to deal anything either, so now they're free to make a trade if they want but it can be on their terms.
December 16, 201411 yr Has to be 2 years for $8 million per year, no way Morse would sign for $4 million a year unless it has some ridiculously easy to reach incentives that will make it worth it.
December 16, 201411 yr Has to be 2 years for $8 million per year, no way Morse would sign for $4 million a year unless it has some ridiculously easy to reach incentives that will make it worth it. Right, that's my thinking.
December 16, 201411 yr Marlins might keep Garrett Jones as depth for first base and right field? That bodes well in that it means Morse's contract might be cheap, but poorly in that we may have to see more at bats from Garrett Jones.
December 16, 201411 yr Somebody compute the current payroll including arby estimates please! Roast beef with Horsey sauce.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.