December 16, 201411 yr I'm pleased with the signing, I prefer this to dealing more prospects or a major league arm
December 16, 201411 yr Its just me who's underwhelmed. Everyone else seems super happy. He's the best there is at a thin 1b market. Like Song mentioned, he is a terrible defensive OF, but may turn out to be a league avg 1b which with his offense will be a very big upgrade for us. Nice signing and I actually like having him better than morneau who would have cost prospects
December 16, 201411 yr -- .. -.- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / .- / --. --- --- -.. / .- -.. -.. .. - .. --- -.
December 16, 201411 yr I only remember morse from 2011. Then I looked it up and now I know why. That was his only good season. Steamer has them at a .7 WAR difference. Yay, I guess. WAR-wise, but he also played OF, which took a shit on his overall value. If he switches to first, he'll probably put up much more than a .7 WAR difference.
December 16, 201411 yr WAR-wise, but he also played OF, which took a shit on his overall value. If he switches to first, he'll probably put up much more than a .7 WAR difference.. Bingo. He'll be a better def 1b than Jones (not saying much) with better O
December 16, 201411 yr 2 years 16M for Morse is what I hear - currently not confirmed Well that would be quite the price
December 16, 201411 yr RotoWorld speculated we could platoon Jones and Morse. I doubt that Yea, that's highly doubtful. They'll probably trade Jones for peanuts or sit him on the bench
December 16, 201411 yr Love this signing and would love to see if we could call the yankees and tell them to just give us A-Rod for free to get him off their team. If he is no good anymore and is a distraction just cut him. If he still has it then we just got a very good player for free.
December 16, 201411 yr Love this signing and would love to see if we could call the yankees and tell them to just give us A-Rod for free to get him off their team. If he is no good anymore and is a distraction just cut him. If he still has it then we just got a very good player for free. We have a fun good clubhouse, don't bring that toxic energy into it now I say
December 16, 201411 yr Morales got 2 years and $17 million so that would be pretty good. It's a nice signing if he's healthy and obviously everyone would have preferred LaRoche. Now trade Jones and keep Bour.
December 16, 201411 yr Morse was my first 1st choice for 1st base after losing out on laroche. When healthy, which is a big if, morse is just a really really good hitter. This lineup is probably 2nd best within the division.
December 16, 201411 yr Morse was my first 1st choice for 1st base after losing out on laroche. When healthy, which is a big if, morse is just a really really good hitter. This lineup is probably 2nd best within the division. 2nd best in the division doesn't really mean much though
December 16, 201411 yr 2nd best in the division doesn't really mean much though I WANT AT LEAST ONE DIVISION TITLE DAMMIT. IT'S STILL REAL TO ME.
December 16, 201411 yr Depending on the financials, this is potentially a decent signing. He's a definite upgrade over Jones and it's nice to have a guy who isn't a platoon bat, especially for a team like the Marlins which doesn't believe in platooning guys who should be.
December 16, 201411 yr I had to look at this more to realize it's actually a good signing as long as the marlins don't try and do something retarded like move him to the OF if someone gets injured or give days off to Stanton/yelich and have Morse fill in. Which I bet they will do. Hopefully Baker is more of the backup outfielder over Morse. Even Red can see that.
December 16, 201411 yr So, besides trying to shake off Jones' contract, whats next for the team? Or are we done?
December 16, 201411 yr So, besides trying to shake off Jones' contract, whats next for the team? Or are we done? I think it all depends whether Haren stays or not
December 16, 201411 yr Fair assessment, thought as I asked Wild Card, what would you have done at first base if you were in the FO? Is Morse really a big, if any, improvement over a Jones/Baker platoon?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.