5/2 Post Game

God damn it, that was a beautiful game.  But I'm starting to worry about what they're gonna do with Prado when Yelich comes back.  I feel like he's really taken off in the two hole and don't really like to mess with what is working. But then again, he's pro enough to keep it up further down in the lineup. But yeah, great fucking game, and I would have to give FOTG to prado for sure, with Dee a very close second.

​Props for admitting it, haha.

​Things I've been wrong about:

The Dee Gordon trade (although I still think we gave up too much in order to get those $10 million from the Doyers)

Adeiny Hechavarria's progression into a real baseball player

Dan Haren playing a game as a Miami Marlin

​Things I've been wrong about:

The Dee Gordon trade (although I still think we gave up too much in order to get those $10 million from the Doyers)

Adeiny Hechavarria's progression into a real baseball player

Dan Haren playing a game as a Miami Marlin

​I was actully for the trade despite being a "sabremetric metric nerd." Having the doyers pay $10m for us to send them more prospects is what really pissed me off. 

I was less optimistic about the Latos trade than most on the board although didn't think he'd be this bad. 

I also never expected Hech to be an above average player so there's that! :p

Marlins can take their time with Yelich for all I care,

Alvarez and Jose coming back will really amp things up. I just hope Jose will be the same pitcher we knew before.

​Jose won't immediately be the same pitcher, in my view, but even an 80% as good Jose is better than a lot of pitchers and better than anyone we could acquire at the deadline.

So remind me again who was against the trade for Dee?

​I was. And he does have an absurd .480 BABIP. He's losing 130-150 points on his average very shortly. Which is just silly because that's still .280+ which is probably adequate for him.

This is a wait and see in 2 years how good Heaney is, but he's great right now. I'd be thrilled if he settles into a .300/.340/.380+, above average defense, 40+ sb at a 70% clip player. Ride that through his arbitration years and don't overpay like the Rangers did with Andrus (8/$120. Yes, he makes that much)

​I was. And he does have an absurd .480 BABIP. He's losing 130-150 points on his average very shortly. Which is just silly because that's still .280+ which is probably adequate for him.

This is a wait and see in 2 years how good Heaney is, but he's great right now. I'd be thrilled if he settles into a .300/.340/.380+, above average defense, 40+ sb at a 70% clip player. Ride that through his arbitration years and don't overpay like the Rangers did with Andrus (8/$120. Yes, he makes that much)

​Holy shit, that Andrus contract is atrocious. He's a 1-2 WAR player at this point in his career!