Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/2 Post Game

Featured Replies

This team is clicking right now.  Lineup not only for this stretch but now overall for the year has unreal numbers, even without yelich.  imagine him clicking and Jose and Alvarez back too.  Wow.

 

 

God damn it, that was a beautiful game.  But I'm starting to worry about what they're gonna do with Prado when Yelich comes back.  I feel like he's really taken off in the two hole and don't really like to mess with what is working. But then again, he's pro enough to keep it up further down in the lineup. But yeah, great fucking game, and I would have to give FOTG to prado for sure, with Dee a very close second.

 

 

​Props for admitting it, haha.

 

​Things I've been wrong about:

 

The Dee Gordon trade (although I still think we gave up too much in order to get those $10 million from the Doyers)

 

Adeiny Hechavarria's progression into a real baseball player

 

Dan Haren playing a game as a Miami Marlin

 

 

​Things I've been wrong about:

 

The Dee Gordon trade (although I still think we gave up too much in order to get those $10 million from the Doyers)

 

Adeiny Hechavarria's progression into a real baseball player

 

Dan Haren playing a game as a Miami Marlin

 

​I was actully for the trade despite being a "sabremetric metric nerd." Having the doyers pay $10m for us to send them more prospects is what really pissed me off. 

 

I was less optimistic about the Latos trade than most on the board although didn't think he'd be this bad. 

 

I also never expected Hech to be an above average player so there's that! :p

 

 

  • Author
Marlins can take their time with Yelich for all I care,

 

Alvarez and Jose coming back will really amp things up. I just hope Jose will be the same pitcher we knew before.

 

​Jose won't immediately be the same pitcher, in my view, but even an 80% as good Jose is better than a lot of pitchers and better than anyone we could acquire at the deadline.

 

 

We all know that Dee will eventually come back down to earth. Hopefully when that happens, Yelich will start to pick it up.

 

 

I missed the game and saw the highlights on mlb.tv....

 

12 down, 80 to go.

 

 

So remind me again who was against the trade for Dee?

 

​I was. And he does have an absurd .480 BABIP. He's losing 130-150 points on his average very shortly. Which is just silly because that's still .280+ which is probably adequate for him.

 

This is a wait and see in 2 years how good Heaney is, but he's great right now. I'd be thrilled if he settles into a .300/.340/.380+, above average defense, 40+ sb at a 70% clip player. Ride that through his arbitration years and don't overpay like the Rangers did with Andrus (8/$120. Yes, he makes that much)

 

 

​I was. And he does have an absurd .480 BABIP. He's losing 130-150 points on his average very shortly. Which is just silly because that's still .280+ which is probably adequate for him.

 

This is a wait and see in 2 years how good Heaney is, but he's great right now. I'd be thrilled if he settles into a .300/.340/.380+, above average defense, 40+ sb at a 70% clip player. Ride that through his arbitration years and don't overpay like the Rangers did with Andrus (8/$120. Yes, he makes that much)

 

​Holy shit, that Andrus contract is atrocious. He's a 1-2 WAR player at this point in his career!

 

 

​

 

So remind me again who was against the trade for Dee?

 

​Atrocious is an under statement. Never commit to slap hitters, even good ones, for that kind of money. The Ned Coletti Juan Pierre deal never works.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.