Frisaro's thoughts on the core

Admin

Guest Vince0926
Plus Stanton is just an animal in Coors during his career.  He'd legit challenge the single season HR record as a Rockie

no he will be injured unless he defys the culture of losing and ironically plays his first full 162 game season in colorado

hey Admin!!

I am worried, in my superstitious baseball mind, that Stanton is just bad-luck magnet. It seems recently that every time he heats up or enters the MVP race talk, something bad derails him. The fastball last year, the swing this year. Heck, even in the abysmal 2012 season, he was a highlight until his knee acted up and took him down (and the girlfriend was really digging him on the Showtime doc until then)

I am worried, in my superstitious baseball mind, that Stanton is just bad-luck magnet. It seems recently that every time he heats up or enters the MVP race talk, something bad derails him. The fastball last year, the swing this year. Heck, even in the abysmal 2012 season, he was a highlight until his knee acted up and took him down (and the girlfriend was really digging him on the Showtime doc until then)

No.

Who knows if who would take that deal? The Marlins? Or the Rockies? Because if the Rockies were able to get Stanton for Arenado, they would be complete asshats not to do it. It would be highway robbery.

Like, Arenado has a lifetime OBP of .315 and Stanton has a higher WAR this season despite having played about half as many games.

Arenado is a far superior defender and plays at a position thats a lot scarcer than outfield.  You cannot just compare numbers across the line for players who play different positions.

I"m just repeating what I've heard.  They have zero interest in moving him, he is young and controllable.  Now if they were presented him for Stanton straight up....

Maybe a different story.

Arenado is a far superior defender and plays at a position thats a lot scarcer than outfield.  You cannot just compare numbers across the line for players who play different positions.

I"m just repeating what I've heard.  They have zero interest in moving him, he is young and controllable.  Now if they were presented him for Stanton straight up....

Maybe a different story.

By this logic, Hech and Dee Gordon are more valuable than Stanton. See how silly that sounds?

Stanton is a superior player to Arenado. Period. You can't just say Arenado is better because he plays at a scarcer position. Again, Stanton has a higher WAR despite having played half as many games.

If the Marlins offered Stanton straight up for Nolan Arenado, I would stop being a fan of the team. It would be the dumbest trade in the history of trades.

And P.S.

Arenado: 9.6 UZR, 12 UZR/150

Stanton: 8.1 UZR, 15.3 UZR/150

So how is Arenado a "far superior" defender?

Guest Vince0926
ironically this season has shown we have like 14 other SP, they just all happen to suck... or have vertigo.

good. At least you ackowledged that cosart has vertigo. At least somebody cares other than myself. Speaking of injuries hows jeff baker and his intercoastal.....since nobody mentions him anymore. Oh, wheres don kelly?

good. At least you ackowledged that cosart has vertigo. At least somebody cares other than myself. Speaking of injuries hows jeff baker and his intercoastal.....since nobody mentions him anymore. Oh, wheres don kelly?

Kelly is done for the year with (I believe) Tommy John surgery and Baker was released July 31st.

Holy moly Frisaro is mirroring basically what a lot of us have been saying:

Also, I expect the Marlins to rely more on analytics next year. With that being the case, then target ground-ball pitchers or pitchers with power arms. Simply, find pitchers who fit your park.

The plan can’t be to keep the status quo, and hope your pitchers can repeatedly rely on getting away with 400-plus foot fly outs.

— Joe Frisaro

Holy moly Frisaro is mirroring basically what a lot of us have been saying:

Also, I expect the Marlins to rely more on analytics next year. With that being the case, then target ground-ball pitchers or pitchers with power arms. Simply, find pitchers who fit your park.

The plan can’t be to keep the status quo, and hope your pitchers can repeatedly rely on getting away with 400-plus foot fly outs.

— Joe Frisaro

A good point from Frisaro?

//checks for pigs overhead