Potential SP per Frisaro

Admin

Apart from Kazmir, it just hurts to laugh, looking at that putrid list. Love that they feel no qualm in filling the rotation with Brian Moehler types, for those who remember. Yah, innings you'll get, extremely hittable types. 1.50 or so WHIPS and ERA' s in the high 4's, low 5's. Would rather just see them throw Conley, Nicolino,  Flores, Urena, etc out there and screw the season. They're just wasting a pretty decent everyday lineup with this crap. Marlins are putting on a very good case, with these artificial budget constraints, that they care little about competing for post season play. I'm holding out forlorn hope that they surprise me. 

About Mathis... I wouldn't hate them retaining him. The chances of us actually getting an offensive difference maker as our backup catcher are slim to none and it's not like Telis is gonna light the world on fire in his one start a week. So with that in mind I don't have a problem "settling" for Jeff Mathis' defense, clubhouse leadership, and mentoring of the pitching staff.

If you could tell me there was a realistic chance of the Marlins getting a better backup catcher I'd take that but I doubt that's anywhere close to happening so I'm fine with Mathis in this case.