November 20, 201510 yr We always trade from a position of strength. This explains why we still haven't traded away this owner.
November 20, 201510 yr I can't stand Dunn hand Ramos cosart Mathis and solano. So... One of those isn't like the others.
November 20, 201510 yr One of those isn't like the others. because he didn't capitalize Solano right?
November 20, 201510 yr Author I think it's dumb to trade a player because the owner doesn't like him, but I don't think Ozuna is anything special anyway. I can also understand why Loria doesn't like him.
November 20, 201510 yr Even with Loria being Loria I can't see why its a personal problem with Ozuna. This is why Loria is so messed up. A problem with Boras is one thing and understandable but what has Ozuna done outside of that one time where he said he was imprisoned in New Orleans? I mean, from all accounts Ozuna is a likeable person so what the hell Loria?
November 20, 201510 yr this is a cutting-edge leverage tactic for upcoming trades. don't speak about what you don't understand!
November 20, 201510 yr this is a cutting-edge leverage tactic for upcoming trades. don't speak about what you don't understand! Us fans just don't understand the business. I wish I was as good at owning a sports team as Loria is
November 20, 201510 yr Multiple teams have approached the #Marlins about Marcell Ozuna. They're being told Miami wants a young starter in return. — Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 20, 2015 I'm glad this is still a thing... They better maintain that stance of getting a young starter back.
November 20, 201510 yr Author I'm glad this is still a thing... They better maintain that stance of getting a young starter back. been the plan since day 1 of the off-season
November 20, 201510 yr Even with Loria being Loria I can't see why its a personal problem with Ozuna. This is why Loria is so messed up. A problem with Boras is one thing and understandable but what has Ozuna done outside of that one time where he said he was imprisoned in New Orleans? I mean, from all accounts Ozuna is a likeable person so what the hell Loria? Didn't Ozuna come into Spring Training overweight/out-of-shape and sort of shrugged it off? I can see that, coupled with his New Orleans statements, making the FO think that Ozuna's a me-first type of player (rightly or wrongly). And you can still be likable and still anger management if your work ethic isn't living up to their expectations.
November 20, 201510 yr Didn't Ozuna come into Spring Training overweight/out-of-shape and sort of shrugged it off? I can see that, coupled with his New Orleans statements, making the FO think that Ozuna's a me-first type of player (rightly or wrongly). And you can still be likable and still anger management if your work ethic isn't living up to their expectations. Well yes but I bet if Ozuna suddenly belted 40 homers Loria could definitely "stand him."
November 20, 201510 yr Well yes but I bet if Ozuna suddenly belted 40 homers Loria could definitely "stand him." True. But everyone does that. If Bryce Harper didn't put up MVP-numbers, you think the Nationals would put up with his clown comments? One of the sad facts of sports is that if you are troublemaker, but put up great numbers, management is willing to look the other way. If you cause a ruckus or mouth off and don't perform well, you are out the door ASAP.
November 20, 201510 yr I'm glad this is still a thing... They better maintain that stance of getting a young starter back. It's no longer a young #2 starter. He just needs to be young.
November 20, 201510 yr Author It's no longer a young #2 starter. He just needs to be young. BREAKING: Craig Mish reports the Marlins will sign a 18 year old out of Korea, he's never pitched in his life but he's young and willing to try
November 20, 201510 yr I think it's dumb to trade a player because the owner doesn't like him, but I don't think Ozuna is anything special anyway. I can also understand why Loria doesn't like him. Loria would like a team of Wes Helms and Jeff Mathis.
November 20, 201510 yr Author Loria would like a team of Wes Helms and Jeff Mathis. Based on the reports of what went on in the clubhouse, it seems pretty clear to me why the Marlins reacquired Casey McGehee.
November 20, 201510 yr Based on the reports of what went on in the clubhouse, it seems pretty clear to me why the Marlins reacquired Casey McGehee. 'Officer McGehee reporting for duty, sir!"
November 21, 201510 yr There is no way they are getting close to a #2 starter for him though. as I said months ago.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.