FA SP update

This has been the worst offseason ever. For any MLB team. Atleast the 97 offseason had trades, rumors, and changes... Only change I see is we waived an injured SP who when healthy is a possible ACE. Well he is an A now. End of story.. Cheap bastards! This owner is worse than the Black Sox owner. Atleast they actually had a team.

This has been the worst offseason ever. For any MLB team. Atleast the 97 offseason had trades, rumors, and changes... Only change I see is we waived an injured SP who when healthy is a possible ACE. Well he is an A now. End of story.. Cheap bastards! This owner is worse than the Black Sox owner. Atleast they actually had a team.

what we fans can do was just waiting.........................

They tried and failed, this is one they should have tried harder for

i think you're in for a stressful year of running this site sir, there really won't be any way to even say "wait and see until the offseason" when they trade their pick away again or dump someone in a move to get money back.  I know I too said wait until this offseason since it was rife with good starters considering they did make a legit attempt last offseason but so far man...not looking like they're going to do anything except pocket all that money, take the revenue sharing money and pocket that, and then cry poor that they can't afford any of the FA's. 

Funny thing is I feel they may still get someone that I really couldn't care less about (Cespedes) and ignore the real problem this team has which is frontline pitching.

So i'm going to apologize up front for any future undue stress I may cause you. 

Ok yeah Harang at that price is shockingly cheap but I mean why give any money to Harang for two years when you can give more money to Kazmir for like four years. 

I mean I know I'm answering ny own question/rant but not trying hard for Kazmir and then spending any money on Harang would be like...

"I need a car to get to work because my job is an hour away, but I don't wanna spend money on a car so I'll buy a bicycle instead."

Point is they're not fixing the problem and wasting money as well.

Aaron Harang? Please don't tell me that's real. and for two years ? Seriously?

How hard did they try for Kazmir? Why half ass on Kazmir and go balls deep on harang? That makes no sense. Kazmir is clearly better than Harang even the Marlins should understand that.

Hill:. We're thinking about putting together an offer for SCOTT Kazmir. 

Agent:  Well, I can tell you that he wants that fourth year, don't waste my time if you're only going to go three. 

Hill: Would he take $700 for two years?

Agent: Huh?  Is this a joke?

Hill: Ok, ok. Can you at least tell the press that we were a serious bidder?

Agent:. Uh.... No. 

Hill:. What about saying that there was mutual interest?

Agent.  No.  

Hill:. Well, do you happen to know any pitchers who WOULD take $700K for two years?

Agent:  I'm going to hang up now. 

Remember when Jose was asked if we had a competitive team for 2016 and he gave that stupid negative sounding "no comment" response?

Today on MLB.com Tom Koehler was asked a similar question about whether or not our starting rotation as it stands now was good enough for 2016 and he said.... "You've got to look at it as we've got to go with what we have, we have a very talented group of guys who gained valuable experience last year."

Whether you consider that a truthful answer or not, THAT is how you answer that question with a positive spin without saying too much, without sounding negative or resentful, and without just saying "no comment."

And from the perspective of Cosart Conley Nicolino Urena and whichever other pitchers are potentially in the rotation, how do you think they feel when Jose refused to comment on them being any good? Wouldn't they respect Koehler more for calling them a very talented group?

Maybe JDF should learn some PR from TK.