If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

Do any of you believe that Samson's comments mean that they're done negotiating with him? Also, is it certain that any contract that was offered to him has been rejected? 

Samson's comment is utterly meaningless. That being said I still don't expect him to sign. Just the fact is they did make offers to him.

Couple of days ago

As I figured... So based on that here's my analysis of it. Loria truly believes we can compete if we add a little more to the core. Not really sure if we can add more SP, and seeing Cespedes' mysterious market, Loria gives the green light to make a strong last push for Cespedes, who will make our team better even if we can't get the pitching we need. 

Based on this and our last minute push for James Shields last offseason I'm gonna say we absolutely did not low ball cespedes on the offer.

We still may be a long shot but until Yoenis makes his decision I won't consider us out of it because we're not gonna go low on years like the Mets or low on money like the Braves wanna do.

Best case scenario would be offer him six years, pay him a little more upfront and include an opt out for two years or less and bank on him escaping when he's useless two years from now.

our current 2016 payroll was at about 63M,so we still have about 17M to spend if our project payroll was at 80M,and even at 80M still be VERY LOW.

It's higher than that including Chen I believe. If $80 is the number, I think they don't have much left.

I would expect a sub $5 million SP, with a healthy incentives package, as the final move. They are linked to A. Simon, Arroyo, C. Lee, etc. at this point so that sounds about right. 

I suspect we're going to be mad when Alvarez comes back healthy in June for Oakland.

It's higher than that including Chen I believe. If $80 is the number, I think they don't have much left.

I would expect a sub $5 million SP, with a healthy incentives package, as the final move. They are linked to A. Simon, Arroyo, C. Lee, etc. at this point so that sounds about right. 

I suspect we're going to be mad when Alvarez comes back healthy in June for Oakland.

I believed everyone here don't expect him to come back healthy due to he no more WITH US,SO SAD.

Arroyo tells Sheldon that he threw a bullpen session with Reds catching coach Mike Stefanski on Friday this past week. Sheldon adds that while the Reds didn’t have other personnel present to watch the session, they’ve received video and are determining a course of action. Arroyo sounds like his hope is to return to the Reds, though he doesn’t explicitly state that. He does, however, say that he hopes the Reds make an offer today, and he also adds: “I wanted to give the Reds every opportunity to keep me. Bryan Price has told me he’d love to have me in their locker room. I think it benefits both sides. It’s an opportunity for me to come into a less-stressed situation after a surgery and help young guys on the staff. If we can get something that’s in the ballpark [financially], I’d be happy.”

per MLB Trade Rumors

Anything fair, and he is signing with the Reds unless the Marlins turn around and guarantee him a spot.

It makes too much sense for Arroyo to go to DC or Cincinnati. Marlins would need to be really creative or pull out a big dollar amount and I don't see that happening for Arroyo. 

The Nationals currently project to have a rotation consisting of Max ScherzerStephen StrasburgGio GonzalezJoe Ross and Tanner Roark, while Cincinnati’s rotation is far more in flux.

Nationals will have a much different rotation after 2016. Strasburg and Gio coming off the books. 

Arroyo has a much easier chance to land the Reds pitching staff they don't have much there. With Nationals he would be more of a depth signing unless they decide to push Roark back to the bullpen.

I'm not sure I prefer Arroyo over some of the others pitchers discussed on here. He's 39 and coming off surgery. I think I would say gallardo, Lincecum, fister. In that order. Lincecum only if it looks like he can throw after his surgery but I recall reading an article about how his doctors have said that the fastball velocity will increase greatly because of the surgery.