Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Loria "Threatens" Samson & Hill with their jobs

Featured Replies

So apparently Loria told Samson and Hill that the constant changing of managers needs to stop. Samson at Fan Fest said Loria's words were (though I'm paraphrasing) "This will be the last manager you'll hire so make it a good one."

 

Samson hinted that the words meant a) Mattingly won't be fired abruptly and b) that if Mattingly does fail it'll be Samson and Hill that get fired. So basically one way or another this was Samson and Hill's final managerial hire for better or worse.

 

Loria ain't fuckin around.

 

For once it makes Loria look like the logical one. Hire the right manager to be here long-term or you guys are gone. Love that.

 

#LoriaForPrez2016 

 

 

Could also look at it as he may be selling after 2017, once he gets the All-Star revenue. Thus, this will be the last manager that is hired under his reign.

 

But who knows?

 

 

I don't understand this. Isn't Loria the guy who's mostly behind the hiring and firing of these managers? Like isn't Mattingly a Loria guy?

 

The only that Samson and Hill might have initiated on their own was the Jennings experiment.

 

 

So apparently Loria told Samson and Hill that the constant changing of managers needs to stop. Samson at Fan Fest said Loria's words were (though I'm paraphrasing) "This will be the last manager you'll hire so make it a good one."

 

Samson hinted that the words meant a) Mattingly won't be fired abruptly and b) that if Mattingly does fail it'll be Samson and Hill that get fired. So basically one way or another this was Samson and Hill's final managerial hire for better or worse.

 

Loria ain't fuckin around.

 

For once it makes Loria look like the logical one. Hire the right manager to be here long-term or you guys are gone. Love that.

 

#LoriaForPrez2016 

 

If he goes out and spends money on some good starting pitching, then I will believe this

 

 

Gaillardo went to Orioles. So whose left where if they perform could still make opening day? Lohse? Lincecum?

 

 

Gaillardo went to Orioles. So whose left where if they perform could still make opening day? Lohse? Lincecum?

 

That Gallardo deal is going to bite the Orioles in the ass really hard in years 3 and 4. It'll even start nibbling a bit this year and then taking some chomps next.

 

 

I don't understand this. Isn't Loria the guy who's mostly behind the hiring and firing of these managers? Like isn't Mattingly a Loria guy?

 

The only that Samson and Hill might have initiated on their own was the Jennings experiment.

 

Yes, but Loria is the boss so even if he is the main person responsible there will be others who take the blame. Loria won't fire himself so it's incredibly dumb to point out the obvious.

 

 

3 years 35 mil? If that's what it was that's really not that bad. AAV of 11+. And then an option for the fourth year. 

 

Not really terrible. 

 

 

 

I took this as a sign he'll sell the team after 2017.

 

Only no more own a MLB team would stopping Loria from hire and fire manager.

 

 

I don't understand this. Isn't Loria the guy who's mostly behind the hiring and firing of these managers? Like isn't Mattingly a Loria guy?

 

The only that Samson and Hill might have initiated on their own was the Jennings experiment.

 

I'm pretty sure part of Samson's job is to take vitriol away from Loria. I recall there being several instances where it was often reported something was Loria's doing, then Samson would later make a comment about how it's his/Hill's head on the line.

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...

The quote I read was "this is the last manager I plan on hiring"- as in Loria thinks Mattingly is going to be great or Loria is out in the next 3 years. 

 

 

  • Author
The quote I read was "this is the last manager I plan on hiring"- as in Loria thinks Mattingly is going to be great or Loria is out in the next 3 years. 

Either way, we win.

 

 

The quote I read was "this is the last manager I plan on hiring"- as in Loria thinks Mattingly is going to be great or Loria is out in the next 3 years. 

 

Mattingly is going to be great AND Loria is out in the next 3 years. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.