Tom Koehler

canada-marlin24

Hello All, 

Now that the Panthers season has imploded in the span of two weeks, I am looking forward to a new season of baseball and for the Panthers to get their shit together in the off season. 

Having said that, I think something needs to be said about Tom Koehler. This guy gets way too much slack. 

He has been garbage this spring thus far and continues to walk a ridiculous amount of batters for a guy who is no longer a power pitcher. 

Looking at all our options, I'd still go with Koehler at this point. Would love an upgrade but realistically if I'm piecing together this team I still slot him in the rotation or at least until Urena or Nicolino actually step it up. 

neither urena or nico have any realistic shot at being a mlb starter. urena at least has 1 very good pitch and an avg pitch and could make his way into the pen. Nico has no business near a mlb team he's useless, has like an average change up and below average everything else.

neither urena or nico have any realistic shot at being a mlb starter. urena at least has 1 very good pitch and an avg pitch and could make his way into the pen. Nico has no business near a mlb team he's useless, has like an average change up and below average everything else.

Which is exactly my point at why I say Koehler stays in the rotation. There are no better options at this point.

But, considering the other options, that actually is accurate right now. 

No question that is true and that he will be in the rotation. He just wouldn't be starting on on most teams. Worse case he is your #5 starter for a top contending team.

Considering our options this year, he is gonna be our 3/4 guy. What really does him in is the walks that lead to a big inning.

They refuse to let go of that idea. Nicolino didn't turn out as expected, it happens. Now we gotta cut our loses. The lone ranger is now Hech that 2013 trade.

• 2 weeks later...