Wei-Yin Chen to return Sat vs Rockies

SilverBullet

not getting my hopes up, but his minor league rehab starts have been encouraging that this is the time he finally stays healthy and performs like an actual major league pitcher.  

I'm exactly like this too. Very encouraged by his rehab starts but wouldn't trust him any farther than I can throw him. 

I went to Mike Hampton's return to the mound in Atlanta years ago.  The game was delayed 45 minutes while a new pitcher got ready.  Hampton hurt his pectoral while warming up.  His first start in 2 years, and he hurt himself warming up.

I'll believe Chen is throwing when he's on the mound.

Just to clarify, Mattingly says this still isn't official and that Chen still has to be cleared by the team doctors after one more bullpen session. Caleb Smith, on paper, is scheduled to pitch Saturday. The Marlins did say the same about Realmuto saying he wouldn't be activated until being cleared by team doctors after one final BP session. 

I went to Mike Hampton's return to the mound in Atlanta years ago.  The game was delayed 45 minutes while a new pitcher got ready.  Hampton hurt his pectoral while warming up.  His first start in 2 years, and he hurt himself warming up.

I'll believe Chen is throwing when he's on the mound.

Given that Chen requires two days notice so he can start warming up, I say I have to agree with you.