DFA Junichi Tazawa

All this talk of how Loria went for it at the wrong times in the wrong ways relates very well to a conversation I had with a friend recently. He asked me "So imagine this 2018 team overachieves and becomes competitive relatively soon, does Jeter start adding free agents and going for it right away?" I know what my answer was to him... anyone care to see if we're thinking the same?

Ever since I created this thread, he hasn’t had a scoreless outing with the exception of the one where he got the very lucky win stranding the bases loaded.

This guy might be the worst reliever in all of baseball. 

All this talk of how Loria went for it at the wrong times in the wrong ways relates very well to a conversation I had with a friend recently. He asked me "So imagine this 2018 team overachieves and becomes competitive relatively soon, does Jeter start adding free agents and going for it right away?" I know what my answer was to him... anyone care to see if we're thinking the same?

No, I don't think he does. That only contradicts everything they have been preaching since day one. Which is to establish a foundation from the ground up and most importantly have a plan and stick to it. I believe the 2014 Marlins screwed this up. They thought they were only a couple pieces of away from competing and started making trades and signing free agents during that offseason. We immediately began emptying the farm with stupid trades and free agent signings.

Even if the Marlins shock a ton of people and win 70 games this year the plan stays the same. Fill the roster with rental players with the position that are not yet ready in the minor leagues. Continue to develop and hopefully have a good product 4-5 years from now. 

I know eventually, this team is gonna have hitters come up that will round out with power and product. What I wanna see starting pitching that we can really build off. Alcantara, Trevor Rodgers, Braxton Garrett. Maybe even Kolek gets his crap together.

No, I don't think he does. That only contradicts everything they have been preaching since day one. Which is to establish a foundation from the ground up and most importantly have a plan and stick to it. I believe the 2014 Marlins screwed this up. They thought they were only a couple pieces of away from competing and started making trades and signing free agents during that offseason. We immediately began emptying the farm with stupid trades and free agent signings.

Even if the Marlins shock a ton of people and win 70 games this year the plan stays the same. Fill the roster with rental players with the position that are not yet ready in the minor leagues. Continue to develop and hopefully have a good product 4-5 years from now. 

I know eventually, this team is gonna have hitters come up that will round out with power and product. What I wanna see starting pitching that we can really build off. Alcantara, Trevor Rodgers, Braxton Garrett. Maybe even Kolek gets his crap together.

Yea this is what I was thinking. If we get good fast then we still stay the course and if we compete we compete with who we have. Most importantly we don't subtract from the farm for half ass rental pieces. 

Yea this is what I was thinking. If we get good fast then we still stay the course and if we compete we compete with who we have. Most importantly we don't subtract from the farm for half ass rental pieces. 

Now that are actively discussing this topic. What do you think of JT Realmuto? MLB Traderumors did a trade candidate piece on him a couple days ago. Suggesting that if he keeps up this pace he could command a high value especially at the trade deadline to contending teams.

I don't think it makes any sense without trying to get an up and coming catcher back in the trade and some near ready MLB pitchers as well.

Now that are actively discussing this topic. What do you think of JT Realmuto? MLB Traderumors did a trade candidate piece on him a couple days ago. Suggesting that if he keeps up this pace he could command a high value especially at the trade deadline to contending teams.

I don't think it makes any sense without trying to get an up and coming catcher back in the trade and some near ready MLB pitchers as well.

toronto or nationals are the teams to look for according to others.  We might have fucked up though with the nationals because juan soto has probably played his way into being untouchable.

toronto or nationals are the teams to look for according to others.  We might have fucked up though with the nationals because juan soto has probably played his way into being untouchable.

When it comes to the Blue Jays we know they will not trade Vlad Jr. so any package must start with Bo Bichette

When it comes to the Blue Jays we know they will not trade Vlad Jr. so any package must start with Bo Bichette

ya clearly.  unfortuantely vlad is untouchable.  but bo bichette is a great prospect in his own right.  i wish we could have gotten juan soto but bichette with his hit tool at a position of need is a great second choice.  

Realmuto has that much value?

not for vlad jr.  literally almost nobody has that much value, but to get bo bichette, JT has that value.  Marlins fans should be rooting for the jays to stay in contention until the deadline so they go for it in this last year of their core.   vlad jr is untouchable but i could see them giving up bichette for a late run.

Yes I sure think he does. Premium position and he has all the tools. The only think he can improve on more is pitch framing which is gradually getting better.

I knew he had a ton value but I didn’t think it was to the point where we could get someone like Bichette. But now thinking about it he’s only getting better so it makes sense. 

I think this is also contingent on what direction the Marlins really wanna go. Do they wanna hang onto JT and does he wanna end up staying here? If the feeling is mutual then you work out an extension in the off season. Otherwise move him at the best time which I always believe is the near the trade deadline.

I say Realmuto only goes for a blockbuster massive overpaying return. If not you keep him. I think I'm good with whichever they choose. 

0 chance.  you figure out if he wants to re-sign him, if he doesnt, you trade him for the most possible.  he's the last huge piece we can deal, you dont take a chance on that.

These are good positive things for the community and for children and I know which player you get is fairly random but imagine how weird it is for Tazawa to be a guest in these situations. No better player to inspire kids to be a success in life than Junichi Tazawa! I hope kids are smart enough to ask him why he sucks so much.