International FA

https://calltothepen.com/2018/06/17/miami-marlins-midseason-report-card-goes-2018-rebuild/

"Fortunately, the next international signing period is about to get under way. More fortunately still, no team in baseball has more money to spend this time around than the Miami Marlins.

Derek Jeter has a golden opportunity here to splash the pot come July. The Marlins enjoy over a $1 million edge over the Cubs, Dodgers, Red Sox, and Yankees. More over the Astros. The path is wide open to inking a kid who grew up watching Miguel Cabrera, Ramirez, and Fernandez win games in Miami.

Baseball America thinks the Fish have a real shot at Top 15 prospect Sandy Gaston, and MLB.com seems to agree. Personally, I’d like to see them think bigger. Miami landing Richard Gallardo or Osiel Rodriguez would be a huge win for the new regime.

Again, making waves in international free agency would be new territory for Miami. A truth that is pretty odd considering Cabrera remains the poster child for success in that arena. Do it, and Marlins fans will notice."

"The next great Cuban ace?

The baseball blog Con Las Bases Llenashas a good interview with 16 year old Cuban prospect Sandy Gaston, in which he talks about the Miami Marlins being his destination of choice.

https://twitter.com/all_right_Miami/status/973162706458079232/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-110127350957411840.ampproject.net%2F1529106593171%2Fframe.html"

I like the article.  Especially the first paragraph.  I think expresses accurately how myself many other fans feel about Jeter and tanking. It also expresses our desire for him to succeed and build a winner. 

The part at the end about trades in July is where I think he is off just little bit in my opinion.  Other than J T our big trade chip at the deadline will Bearclaw.  Castro more than likely won't bring much back.  Straily might bring something of value back also if he finishes the first half strong.  We'll see.

Oh yeah, and if they sign Gaston I might possibly change my stance on Jeter.  Just a little bit.  Lol

I like the article.  Especially the first paragraph.  I think expresses accurately how myself many other fans feel about Jeter and tanking. It also expresses our desire for him to succeed and build a winner. 

The part at the end about trades in July is where I think he is off just little bit in my opinion.  Other than J T our big trade chip at the deadline will Bearclaw.  Castro more than likely won't bring much back.  Straily might bring something of value back also if he finishes the first half strong.  We'll see.

Oh yeah, and if they sign Gaston I might possibly change my stance on Jeter.  Just a little bit.  Lol

Hope your hitting improves

• 2 weeks later...