Marlins close out first half with 8th series win in last 12 tries

Admin

Nearly every inning since 1993. Brinson was bad in June. Kidding about the injury but the team was reducing his playing time anyways and uses it to give him a break since they don't know what the hell to do with him at this point. He will not be a starter when he returns. Platoon at best. Watch and learn.

He should've been in AAA.

If you actually watch, they're not boring. Understanding that they won't win every day, a lot of their wins are hard fought comebacks. Sunday was a great example of how fun this team can be. And in a twisted way expecting them to lose makes their wins more exciting. 

Not boring eh? You must really dig hitting a lot of singles because that's all they have done all year long.  They aren't even in consideration for the playoffs so there's no entertainment value there either.

Fun batting facts at a glance:

29th in MLB in doubles

29th in MLB in HR's

28th in  MLB in slg%

14th in MLB in B Avg. (hooray singles hitters!)

And now the pitching...

27th worst in MLB in ERA

20th worst in MLB in total K's

28th worst in walks issued

Those stats are the very definition of a mind numbingly boring team to watch.  Sorry, scratching out a game with a shit ton of singles is not exciting.  The players even looked bored af this year - especially in comparison to recent seasons.

Not boring eh? You must really dig hitting a lot of singles because that's all they have done all year long.  They aren't even in consideration for the playoffs so there's no entertainment value there either.

29th in MLB in doubles

29th in MLB in HR's

28th in  MLB in slg%

And now the pitching...

27th worst in MLB in ERA

Those stats are the very definition of a mind numbingly boring team to watch.  Sorry, scratching out a game with a shit ton of singles is not exciting.  The players even looked bored af this year - especially in comparison to recent seasons.

Damn, who the hell is 30th?

29th in MLB in doubles

29th in MLB in HR's

28th in  MLB in slg%

And now the pitching...

27th worst in MLB in ERA

They’ve been abundantly clear that they’re just getting started. 

29th in MLB in doubles

29th in MLB in HR's

28th in  MLB in slg%

And now the pitching...

27th worst in MLB in ERA

Who cares these rankings !? I only know this team win many series since June and that's what I cared.

I don't need stats to define boredom or not. I don't count how many singles they hit in a game, I watch to see if they can score more runs than the other team. And playoff expectations aren't needed for me to enjoy a baseball game on any given night. Scratching out comebacks is fun to me whether it's done with singles or not. They don't bore me. 

29th in MLB in doubles

29th in MLB in HR's

28th in  MLB in slg%

And now the pitching...

27th worst in MLB in ERA

'Cause they may be bad but they're perfectly good at it

Singles in the air, I don't care, I love the look of it

Doubles and homers may break my boners

But singles and k's excite me.

I wrote that before the loss but your choice to focus on one disastrous inning in an otherwise good weekend for the team isn't surprising. 

It is hilarious how he posted that and the Barraclough thread went wild due to one inning, while 4 straight wins, 3 straight series wins (2 over WS contenders) went virtually unnoticed.

There's no problem with him posting that before I'm called the negativity police again, but you were so right about the fact the fans ignore all the good moments this year and go wild for every negative one.