Free Agent To Take a Risk On?

MarlinsSecretWeapon

Manny Machado and Jon Jay.

Machado can be the Marlins Jayson Werth if he really fucked up his market this postseason with his "Antics" and if he's going to be poorly paid compared to what he could have got, he might as well do it income tax free and back at home s Mr. Miami.

Jon Jay since he's Mr. 305, and a flyer in the OF wouldn't be terrible. He can probably learn to play 1B in a pinch too.

I don’t think Machado cost himself that much money.  He’s an elite player.  For teams willing to spend on an elite infielder there aren’t comparable options on the market this year. If he was slightly above league average then yes I would agree his postseason hurt his future earnings because there would be more similar alternatives for teams to sign.  But in his case I don’t see those alternatives on that side of the infield 

I don’t really believe Machado cost himself any money. He’s still 26 (!!!) and has put up 6+ fWAR three of the last 4 years (!!!). That’s insane. Even his down year was 2.6 WAR despite what looked like a horribly-unlucky BABIP. 

He’s going to get a massive deal, here or otherwise.

Right on point.  He’s coming off his best season of his career.  Entering prime years.  One month of a heel turn isn’t going to matter

[ATTACH]2352._xfImport[/ATTACH]

AAD7FC36-EB05-4FFC-8981-4A0542D1B1EA.thumb.jpeg.2bced7243169393f04493358f01f4e38.jpeg

Right on point.  He’s coming off his best season of his career.  Entering prime years.  One month of a heel turn isn’t going to matter

[ATTACH]2352[/ATTACH]

Look at all those career bests last year, damn. And he’s *26*. Teams will assuredly be falling over themselves for Machado, and that hiccup won’t make a difference. Maybe to one or two teams, but the others will chalk it up to correctable immaturity, first time in the postseason, whatever, since he’s just 26.