This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

Erick

are beer prices more reasonable? I should be in so fla in june gonna hit up some games

I’ve had 2 experiences with the $5 beers:

First game I bought one $5 beer and I was told the only option was Rolling Rock draft.  It was about 6-8 ounces in a plastic cup. 

Second game I bought a $5 beer and they gave me a can 12ounce can of Bud Light.

The 24 oz King Cans are the same price as years past. 

are beer prices more reasonable? I should be in so fla in june gonna hit up some games

First game I bought one $5 beer and I was told the only option was Rolling Rock draft.  It was about 6-8 ounces in a plastic cup. 

The most surprising part of this post is that you have attended multiple games within the first month of the season.

Just kidding... maybe...

But yeah something was weird to me when you said the beers were so small when the 3o5 Menu ad said they would be 12 oz... did someone mess up or were they screwing people on opening week? I wonder if someone called them out on this? Interesting.

I know I was one of the skeptical ones with the idea that bringing up all the successful minor leaguers wouldn't necessarily translate to big league success right away but the Marlins are in a such a rut right now that they really should be bringing up at least one or two guys to inject some life into the team. 

There are $5 beers but the rest of the options are the same as always if I'm not mistaken. 

Yeah, other food options at least are roughly the same ($12-15 range) aside from the few 3o5 items.

I'm not a beer drinker, so I don't know enough to comment on them.

I wish we had specific numbers on weekday attendance because I've always thought that even if the team is consistently great and in contention how many sell out crowds can this team, or many others for that matter, get on Monday-Thursday?

I myself am a huge Marlins fan but I still don't think I'd go to more weekday games than now just because the team is good. I'd go to more games on the weekends and make my the weekday games must watch TV but actually going? 

That'd be a lot of numbers to sort through.

I agree though - I mean, I might be more inclined to go to a game in the week because of my job's relative proximity to the park (vs. FTL), but I wouldn't get to every game....I mean unless I had a ticket plan or something, it gets expensive!

I know I was one of the skeptical ones with the idea that bringing up all the successful minor leaguers wouldn't necessarily translate to big league success right away but the Marlins are in a such a rut right now that they really should be bringing up at least one or two guys to inject some life into the team. 

The problem is there aren’t really any bats ready to come up. Monte and Isan are the closest, but they aren’t ready. They need AT LEAST another month or so in AAA before that even becomes a thought. 

If anything, I think this highlights the need to draft a couple of college bats this year that can move through the system quickly. 

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the minor league players, but instead of bringing them up, just start broadcasting the minor league games instead of the major league (term used loosely) Marlins.  Watching the fish will be next to impossible as this continues, even for the most devoted fans.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the minor league players, but instead of bringing them up, just start broadcasting the minor league games instead of the major league (term used loosely) Marlins.  Watching the fish will be next to impossible as this continues, even for the most devoted fans.

I already stopped watching actually.

https://theathletic.com/927478/2019/04/18/fernandez-the-marlins-keep-plunging-with-no-end-in-sight/

Here's an article on how bad we are.  TLDR - we're terrible and on pace to be historically bad.

They go into a lot more detail and include a lot more references, but here are a couple notable points:

-On pace to score 409 runs.   The record for fewest is 463.

-On pace for 34 wins.

-The defense sucks (what a surprise since they dumped Perry Hill).  We're 21st in fielding percentage after being in the top 10 from '15-'18.

-Shifting is killing us - opponents are hitting .327 against the shift.

The lowest point is going lower. This is really an all time level terrible team. Can’t score, other than in one game out of ten, and absolutely no baby cake or jumbo shrimp player will even make a dent in changing that. Harrison and Diaz would plainly be overmatched at the MLB level.

Team must hit it really big on their draft picks on hitters over the next few years as the Astros did with Correa, Springer and Bergman and as the Cubs did or the hopelessness will go on for a very long time.  Really upsetting that this front office couldn’t turn Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich, Realmuto etc into at least one frontline can’t miss hitting prospect. They had an advantage that no other rebuilding team has ever had and for my mind they butchered it badly.

I’m sorry but their starting pitching prospects are just average at best. Richards and Smith, their best, were acquired other than via the trades. Pablo came from the only good trade they made. We’ll see about Sixto. Gallen and Niedert seem like right hand Nicolino’s.  Hope I’m wrong but I’m skeptical. Other highlighted trade acquisitions look like relievers, including Sandy. Really down on what this front office has accomplished so far.  Don’t see them as much of an improvement over Loria, which is a very very low bar.

Here's an article on how bad we are.  TLDR - we're terrible and on pace to be historically bad.

Articles like that are stupid. Yes, we're bad... everyone predicted we'd be bad. If there was any optimism it came from Marlins fans hoping for better... so what's the point of an article like that? It sounds like a case of them just saying "we told you so." But then even with that... what if the rebuild works? Then who cares about bad times like this month? It's a bad stretch for a bad team. So what?

Don’t see them as much of an improvement over Lori

To be honest, how they handle this adversity will probably be a better indicator of how much better they are than Loria... do they blow this team up for peanuts and to save money or do they stick to the plan and make sure they draft, sign, and trade better?

As much as bad trades and signings was the problem with Loria, not knowing how to recover from those bad moves was maybe the bigger problem with Loria.