This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

Erick

Marlins fans sure cried about losing him.

To be fair it was a terrible trade considering the Marlins needed a 3B and he was traded for a guy who basically immediately retired. And he was still the Astros starting 3B for 3 years.

Worst rookie contract ever contender?

Definitely not great but in the end it was just $2M a year and he's already off the books.

That Dominguez deal was one of the best of hte Hill era.  Made zero sense as the time, still makes zero sense.  Who cares what Dominguez did, he was you know a need position at the time that the Marlins pissed away.

The Marlins better fucking hope Harrison is successful.  Brinson looks like he has improved zero.  Mags is awful.  Sandy is what Sandy is, a pitcher with control issues and still hasnt really developed reliable secondary stuff.  

Having Harrison not suck would kinda be nice.  Having Gallen actually get consistent outs at the MLB level would be nice.  Might as well call him up soon, not like there are really any players standing in his way at htis point.

Pablo came from the only good trade they made. 

Pablo was actually acquired in the David Phelps trade when Loria owned the team.

Gallen and Niedert seem like right hand Nicolino’s.  Hope I’m wrong but I’m skeptical.

The difference is strikeouts. Nicolino had 6.1 SO/9 and it got worse in the upper minors. Gallen is at 8.6 and it has been over 9 each year at AAA. Nick Neidert is at 8.1 and has been getting better each year despite him rising to higher minor league levels.

Hey buddy, you don't have to insult. I happen to be a fan of this team from the beginning who is pissed where this team is at. Saw it coming and have a right to be. And if I throw a little hyperbole out there so what. If I saw better days ahead with the way our prospects were performing I'd say it, but I don't see anything to latch onto here other than a few of the pitching prospects who may be decent but I don't think are anything exceptional. Maybe Sixto if he can shake his arm issues. I hope we smack it out of the park in the next few drafts cause we will definitely need to. And a few decent free agent pickups would help too. Have a nice day.

I

There were absolutely no injury issues for Sixto Sanchez before last season. There is no reason to be anymore concerned about him than any other pitcher. Thinking that a single season means that he will always have arm issues is like thinking the Stanton would stay healthy for the rest of his contract because he was able to stay off the DL in his MVP year. Now Stanton is injured for the second time as a Yankee.

There were absolutely no injury issues for Sixto Sanchez before last season. There is no reason to be anymore concerned about him than any other pitcher. Thinking that a single season means that he will always have arm issues is like thinking the Stanton would stay healthy for the rest of his contract because he was able to stay off the DL in his MVP year. Now Stanton is injured for the second time as a Yankee.

Stanton isn't on the DL and I am willing to bet my entire next paycheck that he will never spend another day this season on the DL. 

A lot of people talk about comparing it to the Astros; real bad before they get good.

I lived through the 2011-2013 Astros and this is way worse. The Astros had guys where you said they might work out some day. Some worked out (Altuve, Keuchel, JD Martinez [For someone else]) and some didn't (Jason Castro, Jon Singleton, Matt Dominguez) but they had stuff to build on.

It feels like the Marlins have nothing. None of these guys are shining right now. Things can change but it's looking as bad as I've ever seen. But this feels like the late 2000s Orioles more than the early 2010 Astros (except they had Matt Weiters).

HOLY SHIT IT'S RAB

Also, good post! Please post more often. ❤️ 

The most surprising part of this post is that you have attended multiple games within the first month of the season.

Just kidding... maybe...

I already have tickets for May 5th and I’ll be at Sun Trust Park to see the Marlins in early July. 

And I’m feeling a “leave work early and go solo to a game” before the end of the month.  

5.09 ERA but a 2.50 FIP

Sandy has been very unlucky thus far.  Advanced stats say he is pitching much better than his ERA suggests. 

I wasn't referring to only his ERA, just watching the games he doesn't look good at all outside of his debut. It is only April though so I'm not calling him a bust or anything.

I don't buy into advanced stats because there always seems to be one to prove an argument one way or another. Some will call that ignorant, but that's fine.

I wasn't referring to only his ERA, just watching the games he doesn't look good at all outside of his debut. It is only April though so I'm not calling him a bust or anything.

I don't buy into advanced stats because there always seems to be one to prove an argument one way or another. Some will call that ignorant, but that's fine.

The people that know me here know I'm never a "but my eyes say" guy but... 

My eyes say homie be throwing meatballs up there.