Marlins trade Nick Anderson and Trevor Richards

Nick Anderson has the video game like stats with the Rays ( 7 innings, 1 hit, 0 run, 17 SO, O BB), so of course that's something unsustainable ?

He started out like that this year for Miami too didn't he before he hit a bit of a rocky stretch?  I'm still not going to hate on moving Anderson for a position player prospect.

I strongly dislike the term "video game stats" and several people use it. 

Have you actually played baseball video games these days? They're realistic and hard as fuck. 

The full phrase is, "They're putting up video game numbers if you were playing on beginner with all the sliders tuned in your favor," but that takes way too long to type out or say every time.

I have done this and it's stupidly fun in Road to the Show at times. Pitcher throwing 102 mph the entire game and averaging 430 strikeouts a year with an ERA under 0.20 in that span.

And then your team fails to win the World Series anyways.

The full phrase is, "They're putting up video game numbers if you were playing on beginner with all the sliders tuned in your favor," but that takes way too long to type out or say every time.

I have done this and it's stupidly fun in Road to the Show at times. Pitcher throwing 102 mph the entire game and averaging 430 strikeouts a year with an ERA under 0.20 in that span.

And then your team fails to win the World Series anyways.

because your GM traded him for an aging reliever at the deadline?

• 11 months later...
30 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

BUMP BUMP BUMP! (in B2K voice)

The rays are using Richards as a reliever this year and the results have not been good at all. Kinda glad, now we need Zac Gallen to stop being a Cy young winner so I can feel better about last season's trades

Gallen is outperforming peripherals. But he is doing better so far this year. Still outperforming.

Of course it's still dependent on Chisholm and Sanchez working out with the Marlins but if they do then these 2 trades were absolute steals. It's amazing how pissed people were at both of these at the time. Gallen and Richards were both solid Marlins but neither guy seems like they would have been able to stay in the Marlins rotation for too long while on the other hand we may have gotten two longterm position player starters in return. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Of course it's still dependent on Chisholm and Sanchez working out with the Marlins but if they do then these 2 trades were absolute steals. It's amazing how pissed people were at both of these at the time. Gallen and Richards were both solid Marlins but neither guy seems like they would have been able to stay in the Marlins rotation for too long while on the other hand we may have gotten two longterm position player starters in return. 

I was completely ecstatic about the Richards trade cause I never really viewed him as a long term option and Nick Anderson was a stud reliever on a 100 loss team. Plus I felt we got a really good prospect in return. The gallen one on the other side, I was and am still a LITTLE skeptical about that one. And mostly not even cause of Gallen, I just don't know that Jazz's swing is gonna succeed in the big leagues. There's SOOOO much swing and miss in it even at the minor league level. Granted, the K rate has slowly come down in his time here. But I feel like he's either gonna be a stud or a complete dud. While gallen may not be the #2 starter he's pitching like now, but he has a higher floor.

Of course, I'll follow that up with that fact that I'm rooting for him 100% and really like the dude as a player and person so I hope he does awesome lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

BUMP BUMP BUMP! (in B2K voice)

The rays are using Richards as a reliever this year and the results have not been good at all. Kinda glad, now we need Zac Gallen to stop being a Cy young winner so I can feel better about last season's trades

The Rays are probably ok with the deal considering that Nick Anderson has basically become the best reliever in baseball since we traded him. Also, Stanek has been terrible. I’m hoping we see Sanchez soon though. I think he can help our lineup, adding another left-handed bat.

2 minutes ago, Erick said:

The Rays are probably ok with the deal considering that Nick Anderson has basically become the best reliever in baseball since we traded him. Also, Stanek has been terrible. I’m hoping we see Sanchez soon though. I think he can help our lineup, adding another left-handed bat.

Dying for them to bring him up already. He can't be worse for the team than the cumulative "production" of Joyce/Brinson in right. And while you're at it, bring up Lewin so Aguilar can DH and backup at first. Put Berti in at second and leave Alvarez on the bench which is where he belongs at this point in his progression. 

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Dying for them to bring him up already. He can't be worse for the team than the cumulative "production" of Joyce/Brinson in right. And while you're at it, bring up Lewin so Aguilar can DH and backup at first. Put Berti in at second and leave Alvarez on the bench which is where he belongs at this point in his progression. 

Yeah I agree. Just from a team construction standpoint, the thought of another left handed bat with power is exactly what the lineup needs to look pretty good overall. 

1 minute ago, Erick said:

Yeah I agree. Just from a team construction standpoint, the thought of another left handed bat with power is exactly what the lineup needs to look pretty good overall. 

Definitely, especially that Dickerson has been pretty much useless thus far. He's OPS'ing .589 and has looked really uncomfortable at the plate all season. It'd be nice to bring in a power bat that pitchers have to respect a bit to protect BA

4 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The gallen one on the other side, I was and am still a LITTLE skeptical about that one. And mostly not even cause of Gallen, I just don't know that Jazz's swing is gonna succeed in the big leagues

In the simplest terms I just think Chisholm has a chance to be our starting shortstop for maybe a decade and Gallen, at his best, might be out of the game 5 years from now. Jazz hasn't proven this yet and I could totally be wrong but that's how I see this one now. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

In the simplest terms I just think Chisholm has a chance to be our starting shortstop for maybe a decade and Gallen, at his best, might be out of the game 5 years from now. Jazz hasn't proven this yet and I could totally be wrong but that's how I see this one now. 

Ehhh I think it’s an exaggeration to say he’d be out of the game in 5 years but I get you. And to an extent I agree with you. But even that’s a much more favorable result than Jazz going the route of Brinson. I think Brinson has just decimated my faith in prospects acquired in trades lol 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Do you have plans to do something to Gallen? 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Pretty sure everyone liked the Anderson trade.

I also don't get why people root against guys that were traded. I see it a lot with Stanton and Yelich. Very weird.

I think that has to do with the fact they both talked shit about the Marlins after they left. Very classless.

I don't root against them necessarily, but I definitely don't cheer them on. 

• Like 4
  • Banana 1