Forbes: Marlins might lose 100 games and might not retain Mattingly

Both are pretty obvious and have been for months now.

Even then, are they actually "painful"? And why would the organization be "anxiously awaiting" them? Both things seem to be part of the process at this point, almost like a side effect, and neither is gonna change anything, and I'd say neither one hurts the organization in relation to where they are in the process.

The article also says these two things overshadow the fact that farm system has improved so much over the last two years... really? Is another losing season and a managerial change gonna actually put a damper on the farm system leaping over like 25 other teams? 

Even then, are they actually "painful"? And why would the organization be "anxiously awaiting" them? Both things seem to be part of the process at this point, almost like a side effect, and neither is gonna change anything, and I'd say neither one hurts the organization in relation to where they are in the process.

The article also says these two things overshadow the fact that farm system has improved so much over the last two years... really? Is another losing season and a managerial change gonna actually put a damper on the farm system leaping over like 25 other teams? 

This was about the Dolphins, but I think it applies to the Marlins as well:

[MEDIA=twitter]1168965098435751936[/MEDIA]

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

This was about the Dolphins, but I think it applies to the Marlins as well:

[MEDIA=twitter]1168965098435751936[/MEDIA]

I disagree though. Yes I would agree that the general narrative around an organization might not fully change until the plan becomes successful but I don't think it's fair to say that nobody will believe or buy into the plan until the end. There are many ways to gather more believers along the way if an organization can prove that they seem to be on the right track towards success. Perfect example being the Marlins farm system jumping up as much as they have... that has to have created more believers in the Marlins plan. 

I disagree though. Yes I would agree that the general narrative around an organization might not fully change until the plan becomes successful but I don't think it's fair to say that nobody will believe or buy into the plan until the end. There are many ways to gather more believers along the way if an organization can prove that they seem to be on the right track towards success. Perfect example being the Marlins farm system jumping up as much as they have... that has to have created more believers in the Marlins plan. 

At least the general sentiment.

Today the Marlins were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. I know that I did not see it coming and this hard hitting Forbes piece made me finally realize that maybe we do suck this year.

[ATTACH]3218._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3217._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Did anyone else see that coming?

image.thumb.png.e669842b545a6f0b1668d748725b09f2.png

image.thumb.png.b8b4145876b1605737a1f3fad01c944b.png

Today the Marlins were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. I know that I did not see it coming and this hard hitting Forbes piece made me finally realize that maybe we do suck this year.

[ATTACH]3218[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3217[/ATTACH]

Did anyone else see that coming?

And you even posted proof. You are learning.