Who are we drafting?

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Chill. Let this play out over the next couple years. This isn't like the NFL, none of these guys would have immediately been up and helping the big league team.

"Travesty" is such a silly exaggeration here.

Lol you’re right. I’m just being overly reactionary. Still extremely frustrated though. Hopefully I’m wrong and our scouting department knows what they are doing. 

Just now, GuitarPik said:

Lol you’re right. I’m just being overly reactionary. Still extremely frustrated though. Hopefully I’m wrong and our scouting department knows what they are doing. 

That's OK - it's fair to be skeptical after all these years of basically nothing and patience has worn thin for many fans. I'm trusting the scouting department for now - they've still got two and a half more years on my clock (I'll probably extend that a little due to the complications of this year). If I don't see what I like after five years in terms of the big league club's success, then I'll really start to criticize them.

Let's give them some time. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Man said:

I'll add to this with the fact that, where did we get Jose Fernandez, or Yelich, or Stanton? Elite players don't necessarily come from the top rated prospects before the draft.

Or a guy like Mike Piazza who was drafted in the 62nd round as a favor to Tommy Lasorda.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's OK - it's fair to be skeptical after all these years of basically nothing and patience has worn thin for many fans. I'm trusting the scouting department for now - they've still got two and a half more years on my clock (I'll probably extend that a little due to the complications of this year). If I don't see what I like after five years in terms of the big league club's success, then I'll really start to criticize them.

Let's give them some time. :)

Curious, are these the same guys that drafted Kolek and Garret?

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Nobody answered my question about the caps, how come every draft pick has the right cap readily available? Do they get a shipment of 30 caps? 

NFL sent every hat to the players they had on camera, MLB may have done the same.