2020 Post-Season Thread

8 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Why do you say that? Unless they do some crazy shit in the offseason lol. My analysis of this year is a phenomenal one. Can’t really complain that Marlins made the playoffs for first time since 2003, had first winning record since 2009, and even won a playoff series! I do expect them to contend for playoffs next year, although not sure what playoff format will be. As far as free agency, Realmuto would be nice, not counting on it. Still holding out hope on Alfaro. For what it is worth, Marcel Ozuna and Dee Gordon (buyout option) could both be free agents this winter. Maybe we try and reunite with one of them? Bullpen piece though I think is definitely a must. And I wanna keep Marte. As far as Yimi Garcia, I thought he was a free agent after next year? 

I said that because a lot of fans want JT.  I don't mind either way, but I'm not going to burn my team flag if we don't.

I also don't think that we are going to see anything drastic, just moving parts is all.  We kinda peaked to soon, because we have a lot of talent that is waiting in the wings that will require a bit more patience.  

I do want to see a legitimate closer and a catcher. Those are on the top on my list. 

10 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

You’re not being realistic. The Yankees want proven veteran pitching. We don’t have that. They don’t have a prospect pool to get there and I’m giving them 2 of the better prospects in our system. They also have a young catcher that they can decide to move for a pitcher because he also has value. 

What you are you talking about? Those prospects were good in 2018 ! Come on my dude. Keep up. ANY team wants controllable pitching. The Yankees aren't throwing money away at free agents and long contracts like they used to back in the day.  Except Gerrit Cole lol. But if the Marlins were to offer Sandy or Lopez in that deal it would get it done. You are basically offering them players that don't exactly fill their needs.

Instead of saying I don't get it, why don't you answer my question? What pitching would you offer?

Edited by CYmarlins
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

What you are you talking about? Those prospects were good in 2018 ! Come on my dude. Keep up. ANY team wants controllable pitching. The Yankees aren't throwing money away at free agents and long contracts like they used to back in the day.  Except Gerrit Cole lol. But if the Marlins were to offer Sandy or Lopez in that deal it would get it done. You are basically offering them players that don't exactly fill their needs.

Instead of saying I don't get it, why don't you answer my question? What pitching would you offer?

Yankees get everything. Can we get an expansion pick or something. Do you think they would agree to that?

21 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Lmao at offering Sandy. They’re giving Frazier too right?

None of it goes I wouldn’t need to trade it. They’re not turning that down. So how did Urshula’s value go up in your mind? Since you just said the theoretical offer was an “overpay” and now you’re talking about offering Sandy, an all star level pitcher, what kind of backwards logic is that Batman? You would destroy our pitching depth by giving him up because Sixto isn’t consistent enough to be our go to guy yet. I’m giving one of the worst minor league systems in baseball essentially 3 valuable guys they could use in trades to get veteran pitching that they don’t have.

How do you go from saying that offer is overpaying to giving up one of the best pitchers in the National league? It’s like trying understand common core math.

15 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Yankees get everything. Can we get an expansion pick or something. Do you think they would agree to that?

Stop it.  There is no need to move pitching to a team that doesn’t even have prospects.

The only way Pablo moves(not even Sandy) is just Pablo and Alfaro.

I’ll happily package Sierra, Isan, and Monte to Texas for Lance Lynn in that scenario. 

Edited by ZfromCIS

17 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Lmao at offering Sandy. They’re giving Frazier too right?

None of it goes I wouldn’t need to trade it. They’re not turning that down. So how did Urshula’s value go up in your mind? Since you just said the theoretical offer was an “overpay” and now you’re talking about offering Sandy, an all star level pitcher, what kind of backwards logic is that Batman? You would destroy our pitching depth by giving him up because Sixto isn’t consistent enough to be our go to guy yet. I’m giving one of the worst minor league systems in baseball essentially 3 valuable guys they could use in trades to get veteran pitching that they don’t have.

How do you go from saying that offer is overpaying to giving up one of the best pitchers in the National league? It’s like trying understand common core math.

Good luck buddy! Lemme know how that offer would turn out. Yankees aren't picking it up for your 2018 prospects. Considering there are much better players to offer than those you did. Urshula isn't even a need. Address the other areas on this roster, like the OF.

I tried to keep it civil with you, but apparently you know the values of these so called prospects. Only person that has value in that offer is Anderson. Sierra had a nice bound back but Alfaro has much to improve. Yankees have all the leverage.

2 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Good luck buddy! Lemme know how that offer would turn out. Yankees aren't picking it up for your 2018 prospects. Considering there are much better players to offer than those you did. Urshula isn't even a need. Address the other areas on this roster, like the OF.

I tried to keep it civil with you, but apparently you know the values of these so called prospects. Only person that has value in that offer is Anderson. Sierra had a nice bound back but Alfaro has much to improve. Yankees have all the leverage.

What do you mean? You just said it was “overpay”. If it was overpay then wouldn’t it work? Or are we going to keep flipping the coin until we get to an answer you like?

15 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Stop it.  There is no need to move pitching to a team that doesn’t even have prospects.

The only way Pablo moves(not even Sandy) is just Pablo and Alfaro.

I’ll happily package Sierra, Isan, and Monte to Texas for Lance Lynn in that scenario. 

If the Yankees offered Gio for López I would accept.  We still have Max and Cabrera plus a crop full of prospects that will flood gate in a couple years  

I wouldn't trade Sandy, but look, Lopez was a 4th rotation piece last year, he emerged this year a lot, but I'm taking that trade and that coming from a fan who believes in pitching over hitting undoubtedly. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

3 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

What do you mean? You just said it was “overpay”. If it was overpay then wouldn’t it work? Or are we going to keep flipping the coin until we get to an answer you like?

I reiterated that Urshula isn't a need and your original post doesn't get him what you are trying to offer. Yankees are gonna want young controllable pitching in return but Urshula is young and controllable as well.

Facts on facts are that stats don't lie. Do yourself a favor and look at the stats and the potential of these players. NONE of those players you offered have a ceiling except Anderson. Possibly Alfaro can do something if he turns it around next year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

If the Yankees offered Gio for López I would accept.  We still have Max and Cabrera plus a crop full of prospects that will flood gate in a couple years  

I wouldn't trade Sandy, but look, Lopez was a 4th rotation piece last year, he emerged this year a lot, but I'm taking that trade and that coming from a fan who believes in pitching over hitting undoubtedly. 

I would as well with Alfaro just to dump because there’s no point in keeping him if he doesn’t mesh.

but what that just said was ridiculous about offering Sandy. 

Im just trying to point out that I’m giving them the means to go get some pitching. They have a horrible farm system. I wouldn’t need to offer Pablo.

7 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

I reiterated that Urshula isn't a need and your original post doesn't get him what you are trying to offer. Yankees are gonna want young controllable pitching in return but Urshula is young and controllable as well.

Facts on facts are that stats don't lie. Do yourself a favor and look at the stats and the potential of these players. NONE of those players you offered have a ceiling except Anderson. Possibly Alfaro can do something if he turns it around next year. 

1. An impact bat is a need. Urshela is a bigger, better version of Anderson...and an impact bat.

2. They want veteran pitching

3. they have no means to get veteran pitching without clearing their already depleted farm system

4. I’m giving means to get some veteran pitching by giving them a couple of my better prospects.

^These are facts. Your opinions about prospect talent level aren’t.

Edited by ZfromCIS
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ZfromCIS said:

1. An impact bat is a need. Urshela is a bigger, better version of Anderson...and an impact bat.

2. They want veteran pitching

3. they have no means to get veteran pitching without clearing their already depleted farm system

4. I’m giving means to get some veteran pitching by giving them a couple of my better prospects.

^These are facts. Your opinions about prospect talent level aren’t.

Again do me a favor and look at the stats. Yankees want controllable pitching it doesn't even have to be veteran they just gotta be good. But yeah lemme know what the Urshela deal costs you. Because your offer is laughable at best.

Yes it would absolutely take a top pitcher like Sandy or Lopez to land someone like Urshela because like you say he is an impact bat. Not once did I say he wasn't good. He is better than Anderson and teams know that. Yankees know that. 

I wanna see the Marlins succeed, I been watching them for longer than just about anyone else on here. But your offer just isn't realistic. If you wanna slam me on that? Go ahead my dude. Grow up too.

• Like 1

Just now, ZfromCIS said:

I would as well with Alfaro just to dump because there’s no point in keeping him if he doesn’t mesh.

but what that just said was ridiculous about offering Sandy. 

Im just trying to point out that I’m giving them the means to go get some pitching. They have a horrible farm system. I wouldn’t need to offer Pablo.

Yeah, a clear misunderstanding is going on. 

You want to offer players for a player with the hopes that the Yankees will unpack and redistribute with another team.

Problem is, there are 29 other teams who could offer them exactly what they want without any baggage.  Yankees have all the leverage.

Lopez and Alfaro could be common ground, and that's even if the Yankees decide to even trade Gio.

Sandy is off limits, we agree. 

1 hour ago, ZfromCIS said:

Honestly I think the current batch outside of LB, Lewin Diaz, and Jazz need to go. Our drafted guys are coming and all the players mentioned are going to be on movable contracts. The only predicted signees I would expect to be here 3 years from now out of that group is McCann and La Stella

It wouldn’t be popular but I would approach the Yankees about Gio Urshula with Andujar coming back and see if I could give them Anderson, Alfaro, Diaz and Sierra for him.

1. Avoid trades with the Yanks because more often than not they trade high because they can afford to absorb risk.

2. ...regardless...the Yankees love their "options." Anderson and Sierra PLUS two throw ins ain't going to cut it.

3. They don't need 1234125728354 position players. They will want pitching.

4. BA is way more valuable to our team than he is to any other team.

5. If they have soured on anyone it is Andujar...and I'll bet he gets traded and the Yanks will win that trade.

Edited by Major-Minor
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

1. Avoid trades with the Yanks because more often than not they trade high because they can afford to absorb risk.

2. ...regardless...the Yankees love their "options." Anderson and Sierra PLUS two throw ins ain't going to cut it.

5. If they have soured on anyone it is Andujar...and I'll bet he gets traded and the Yanks will win that trade.

THIS is what I been saying. But I am speaking nonsense I guess lol

Edited by CYmarlins

11 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

See this makes sense. Yea of course. That’s where I would start though. I have no problem going with Monte, Connor Scott, and guys of that nature. What I’m saying though is that they need means to get pitching. Are you going to Texas and trading For Lance Lynn for Miguel Andujar? No. They are going to want prospects. The Royals are going to want prospects are going to want prospects for Danny Duffy. They are probably going to be the most popular names this winter when it comes to movable pitching as of right now. Andujar isn’t going to be enough alone with his injury history and that he probably needs to play LF.

We can’t necessarily be throwing away pitching depth either. Garrett and Rodgers are still too green and prospects are obviously grew as well. We have minor league and bullpen depth. Not rotation depth. Trade one and our rotation could become top heavy.

Edited by ZfromCIS

13 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

Thanks Major, could have used your insight sooner.  Dang war zone going on in here and you need your R&R

1 minute ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Would you guys do Pablo Lopez and Alfaro for someone like Rafael Devers? 

He is a stud but I wouldn't trade Lopez for him.  We have to many LHB as it is.

The trade is fair btw.  I just value pitching as a premium  

• Banana 1

Just now, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Would you guys do Pablo Lopez and Alfaro for someone like Rafael Devers? 

Honestly, I would do my best to add through free agency and not even discuss a trade. It was just being discussed as an option.

The Front office has to make a decision on if they want to take advantage of this pitching(which is what I would do) or continue trying to develop. This team do some damage if they sign some veteran stop gates like Josh Reddick, Justin Smoak, Tommy La Stella, an a legit catcher in McCann and probably compete for a playoff spot but they have to be willing to budget on that check box a bit.