1 minute ago, CoastieMike said:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

It’s decent but i was kinda disappointed because i love cinnamon buns and cinnamon raisin bread, but this I just liked. 

I find it hard for cereal itself to get me full without multiple bowls, so I don't eat it often as I usually don't have time to eat multiple bowls like that, but....

Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Honey Nut Cheerios are good ones for me.

With kids in the house I still get a good variety of fun cereals here and there but for me it's more so as a snack when I just want something different. With the kids though I have to make sure I limit how often I raid the cereal because they basically need it every day.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is probably the greatest cereal ever invented, absolutely can't go wrong with that one.

A good bowl of Frosted Flakes is underappreciated, same for Pops.

Best chocolate cereal is Cocoa Krispies, not a fan of regular Rice Krispies though, just way too plain for me.

That got me thinking, worst cereal: Kix is so lame. That has zero flavor. Even regular Corn Flakes are way better than that. 

Guilty pleasure of a non kids cereal is Frosted Mini Wheats but now there's way more flavor varieties and I've loved every one I've tried.

That Simply Granola cereal posted above is excellent too, pretty much any variety as well.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

With kids in the house I still get a good variety of fun cereals here and there but for me it's more so as a snack when I just want something different. With the kids though I have to make sure I limit how often I raid the cereal because they basically need it every day.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is probably the greatest cereal ever invented, absolutely can't go wrong with that one.

A good bowl of Frosted Flakes is underappreciated, same for Pops.

Best chocolate cereal is Cocoa Krispies, not a fan of regular Rice Krispies though, just way too plain for me.

That got me thinking, worst cereal: Kix is so lame. That has zero flavor. Even regular Corn Flakes are way better than that. 

Guilty pleasure of a non kids cereal is Frosted Mini Wheats but now there's way more flavor varieties and I've loved every one I've tried.

That Simply Granola cereal posted above is excellent too, pretty much any variety as well.

Man, someone is passionate about cereal.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If I don't finish the entire box today am I still allowed to have this cereal tomorrow?

No.  For that you have to get Cinnamon Tomorrow Crunch.  They're next to each other on the shelf.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

we eat cereal in the house but it's always as dessert when we eat it.  It's actually not that bad for you, even the sugary kid varieties, as a dessert especially when placed next to traditional dessert items like ice cream for example. 

We keep a wide variety of cereals in the house, frosted flakes are classic as is lucky charms.  Neither of us really care for Pops cereal though. 

I really like Raisin Bran as well, but more specifically the Trader Joe's brand of Raisin Bran.  the flakes are waaaay sturdier and don't turn into a soggy pile of mush. 

There's another discussion to be had about cereal here too - what's your favorite cereal to snack on out of a box?  I really like Froot Loops straight out of the box. Cap'n Crunch literally makes the skin inside my mouth peel if i eat very many of those without using milk (wife has the same thing happen to her). 

Cinnamon Toast Crunch I can eat with or without milk. Very versatile and as a perk I get the entire box to myself because the wife hates cinnamon.

Cereal out here is SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER cheap, especially when compared to what we paid when we lived in Tampa.  You can often get the family sized boxes of the big names like Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, etc. for $1.49-1.99 - sometimes even as long as .99 cents.

Just now, Iowa said:

What's the grocery store of choice in Florida? Where I live, Hy Vee rules all

Publix though I prefer Winn Dixie which is somehow seen as blasphemy

• Downvote 1
37 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Publix though I prefer Winn Dixie which is somehow seen as blasphemy

When I lived there it used to be Publix as well for me but they give off an evil empire vibe now considering they've bought up nearly all the competition and after some of their politics have come to light..welll....i might join you in shopping at WD instead when i go back to do my familial duties