4/18 Post Game Thread

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Back to back series wins, that works for me.

Let's take another series against Baltimore.

Well, it’s just a two game series, so the only way to do that would be a two game sweep! 

But so far in this homestand the Marlins are 2-1, in the big picture that’s some thing positive after going 1-5 on their first homestand of the year.

Hey guys, I know that correlation does not equal causation, and I know that you cannot blame something like clothes for the Marlins loss. However, I will say that in doing some research I have discovered that in the Marlins 9 games that they have played at home this season, their record when they play with the white uniforms is 0-4 and when they play with the black uniforms it is 3-2. I'm sure it's not related, but I like them in the black uniforms at home! 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Hey guys, I know that correlation does not equal causation, and I know that you cannot blame something like clothes for the Marlins loss. However, I will say that in doing some research I have discovered that in the Marlins 9 games that they have played at home this season, their record when they play with the white uniforms is 0-4 and when they play with the black uniforms it is 3-2. I'm sure it's not related, but I like them in the black uniforms at home! 😂

If they would wear the blue uniforms, they would be undefeated.

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

Bleday will get at the very least one month of AAA before he gets a call-up , I doubt we see him called up much before August

Didn't Mattingly nix the idea of Bleday coming up this season at all?  I swear he said in Spring training that Bleday would not be up this year.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

Didn't Mattingly nix the idea of Bleday coming up this season at all?  I swear he said in Spring training that Bleday would not be up this year.

Don't know.  Reading in this thread the idea about Bleday replacing Marte if he is injured.  There's no way we rush him up now.  Just meant even if Bleday has a great month in AAA, he still won't get called up until late season at the earliest

• Like 1

I would stick Berti in CF full time and he can platoon with Sierra and keep Brinson on the bench, and see if Berti's bat can get going.

But, of course that won't happen. We'll probably see Brinson starting out there 3-4 times a week with Mags getting the start 2-3 times a week, and Berti on the bench.

One thing I'm wondering, when Marte is out, who will hit 2nd. I wouldn't mind Dick hitting 2nd if it means Jazz or Rojas batting lead off. But probably we will see Dick still leading off and Cooper/Aguilar in the 2nd spot. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan