4/23 Post Game

They really did leave this team pretty thin on offense especially. It's pretty gross Brinson is still even allowed to bat. I'd honestly rather have literally any other minor league who can play CF be getting his regular at bats. Guys, he is DONE and will NEVER be even replacement level in a Marlins uni. Get rid of him! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major-Minor said:

Are we allowed to shit on the team and the front office right now?

The team as constructed, sure.

You're always ALLOWED to but we're always allowed to disagree on some points.

We all agree the offense is very bad right now. 🙂

That's just how this offense is built too. Not enough guys that can get on base at a good clip. There are going to be loads of games where they score 2-3 runs or fewer punctuated by those random 12+ run games where it all clicks. Jazz is literally the only thing worth watching on offense at the moment. Hes really barrelling up those balls and so far he hasn't regressed. Man I miss having Hutton and Rich in the booth too - you could still listen to the game. Hollandsworthless is just soooooooo awful. Severino is fine in terms of what he says but his voice is so damn similar that it grates on my nerves anyway considering how stupid Todd is

Edited by hovertical

35 minutes ago, hovertical said:

That's just how this offense is built too. Not enough guys that can get on base at a good clip. There are going to be loads of games where they score 2-3 runs or fewer punctuated by those random 12+ run games where it all clicks. Jazz is literally the only thing worth watching on offense at the moment. Hes really barrelling up those balls and so far he hasn't regressed. Man I miss having Hutton and Rich in the booth too - you could still listen to the game. Hollandsworthless is just soooooooo awful. Severino is fine in terms of what he says but his voice is so damn similar that it grates on my nerves anyway considering how stupid Todd is

Totally agree - they made even the big losses bearable to watch.  They had the "hometown" attitude to how they called the games.  Severino was a national guy called to call a "random" team with no connections to the team/south Florida.  He's gotten better I think in that regard, but still not like Rich/Tommy.  Holly needs no further discussion, to my point.

----

It's just a shame that one of the obviously/most glaring weaknesses in the offseason wasn't really addressed and now we're seeing it come to fruition in a bad way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hovertical said:

They really did leave this team pretty thin on offense especially. It's pretty gross Brinson is still even allowed to bat. I'd honestly rather have literally any other minor league who can play CF be getting his regular at bats. Guys, he is DONE and will NEVER be even replacement level in a Marlins uni. Get rid of him! 

Here’s a controversial statement!

Sometimes I feel like there are some people who are so desperately trying to convince themselves that the Yelich trade wasn’t the Marlins worst trade of all time, and that the Marlins got some value in return, that they keep wanting to put those guys like Brinson and Isan Diaz out there to play when they are pretty much useless. And I know that they occasionally get big hits every 8-10 ABs, but so does Pablo Lopez. 😂

I don’t care about their potential.

Potential is great when you’re in low A ball. By the time you have gotten this many opportunities in MLB, and do not have anything to show for it, it’s just a waste of time for the team.

Controversial enough? 😂

Edited by SirFishFan

24 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Sometimes I feel like there are some people who so desperately trying to convince themselves that the Yelich trade wasn’t the Marlin’s worst trade of all time, and that the Marlins got some value in return, that they keep wanting to put those guys like Brinson and Isan Diaz out there to play when they are pretty much useless. And I know that they occasionally get big hits every 8-10 ABs, but so does Pablo Lopez. 😂

Potential is great when you’re in low A ball. By the time you have gotten this many opportunities in MLB, and do not have anything to show for it, it’s just a waste of time for the team.

Controversial enough? 😂

Season 2 Hbo GIF by Big Little Lies

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

Sometimes I feel like there are some people who are so desperately trying to convince themselves that the Yelich trade wasn’t the Marlins worst trade of all time, and that the Marlins got some value in return, that they keep wanting to put those guys like Brinson and Isan Diaz out there to play when they are pretty much useless. And I know that they occasionally get big hits every 8-10 ABs, but so does Pablo Lopez. 😂

Controversial enough? 😂

I said that about Isan Diaz when they acquired him and about Lewis Brinson not long after.

Welcome to the club. 

Not really sure why the Marlins feel they want to subject fans to more of the joys of Lewis Brinson making attempts at hitting Major League pitching consistently.  

23 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I said that about Isan Diaz when they acquired him and about Lewis Brinson not long after.

Welcome to the club. 

Not really sure why the Marlins feel they want to subject fans to more of the joys of Lewis Brinson making attempts at hitting Major League pitching consistently.  

I'm going to lump Monte in there as well.  He looked even worse than Brinson ever has, imo. He was just literally swinging anytime the ball was thrown in hopes the barrel ran into it. 

The new organizational group has done some really good stuff but they don't seem to know when to call in a plumber to get rid of a turd that won't flush.  Some of those guys that they still consider "prospects" are also really friggin old for prospects and if they haven't made it by now....quit wasting valuable regular playing time and put someone else in there.  sometimes you get the opposite result where a dude struggles or is average in the minors but does far better versus the better competition.  These guys they're running out there now are not even bench guys. literally, they don't even belong on a bench. they're well below replacement level.  Marlins have some really nice starting pitching coming through and I'd like to see a more aggressive approach with getting some new faces in there to give them a shot versus these fuckwads they keep trotting out there like they're going to magically figure it out somehow. 

Also, they really are going to have to pony up for a premium FA next offseason if they want to show they're not the same cheapskate group that ran the show before.  FA doesn't solve everything but you also can't live in fear of a bad contract (overpay for shorter then if you have to) that and it's nice to acquire some premium talent without giving up premium talent in return. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Controversial enough? 😂

I think management is a victim to this by recycling Brinson in every fashionable way to protect the obvious, that he’s just a bust.  I said after last year that management made a mistake by not completing the course of him as a starter or bust.  So now, this is what we get, no starter to replace him and no depth when things go south.  

• Like 1