26/abril/21 Cerveceros contra Los Marlins

Ema2R

1 minute ago, SongInTheAir said:

I'm Irish/Scottish by blood, but I was adopted before I turned four months old so I'm Ecuadorian-American, raised in Miami so an unavoidable sprinkling of Cuban in there too.

Hablo español y nadie me cree que fue mi primer idioma 

Very nice! Would have never have guessed.

8 minutes ago, Erick said:

How do you say gamethread in Spanish?

Este es el mejor gamethread del año.

Yea that's a tough one... I dont think there's a good translation for it... but I would say: Discusión del juego o Análisis del juego 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ema2R

From my mom's side, I have partial hispanic origin, and european white from the other side. Even though my mom speaks Spanish, I grew up in a completely American English speaking household, so I've been trying for a few years to learn Spanish, something that hasn't been the easiest thing in the world. All those verb conjugations, like for example "To go": Ir, Ire, Iramos, Voy, Va, Vaya, Venimos, Fui, Fue, Fuimos and like 20 others words to say "go" or "went" or "going".  And that's just for Latin American Spanish, add in the Spanish from Spain and you have all the conjugations for when you say "vosotros" to learn as well. 😂 But it's fun to learn, even just as a hobby for me.

And with genetics working in a funny way, I take almost completely after my mom's side of the family. So, dark hair and all that, which is always fun in Miami when people look at me and start speaking in Spanish automatically like "Oye, chico, que quiere?" and I respond in my Rich Waltz similar sounding voice: "Hi, I'd like to order combo number 4 please." 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1