The Bruce Sherman Thread

Erick

Another thing, this team is BORING. If you chose to be cheap & rebuild for more 4 years you better produce something exciting. This team, especially after the deadline, is the most boring sports team I've ever seen. That just kills fan interest.

Did these people really not see this coming ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

using Meyer to get an unproven bat at this point is stupid for this team.  They literally just need MLB ready bats and a catcher who can actually defend and call a great game.

I’m with you 100%. That’s why the trade worries me and reeks of desperation/cheapness  unfortunately 

On 7/31/2021 at 6:14 PM, Michael said:

You're probably right about JT still leaving in FA, buuut who knows for sure? Maybe he sticks around, sees the process, likes what he sees, etc.

Alfaro's had a couple walkoffs for us and that's about it. Sixto's essentially been a non-factor. Will Stewart.

Yelich was still on a very team friendly deal and would be still, I believe, for another couple years.

Eh!

Well, that's due to injuries this year. The kid showed last season he has the potential to be an absolute stud. Albeit, it was a very small sample size, but he was a top prospect for a reason. I have a lot of confidence in him becoming a frontline starter for us. Possibly even the ace. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Fotog said:

Another thing, this team is BORING. If you chose to be cheap & rebuild for more 4 years you better produce something exciting. This team, especially after the deadline, is the most boring sports team I've ever seen. That just kills fan interest.

I mean, I personally find our young star pitchers to be incredibly exciting. We all knew the lineup would suck going into this season. It's part of the process, and the million and one injuries the Marlins have had haven't helped matters, either.

Edited by Valid
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valid said:

I mean, I personally find our young star pitchers to be incredibly exciting. We all knew the lineup would suck going into this season. It's part of the process, and the million and one injuries the Marlins have had haven't helped matters, either.

Few people tune in to watch starting pitchers. There are a few exceptions like when it was Jose day for instance because he had that super electric stuff and might strike out 15+ on any given start. These guys? Boring for the casual fan (which is what they need to start luring in). Don't take it as I hate our starters but they are not something I consider to make an exciting game that I want to tune in for 3+ hours every day when there is zero offense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fotog said:

Craig Mish certainly didnt

• Like 1

Just can't wait for the off-season to come, this team have no choice but to have a off-season  likes the “ Padres 2020/21 off-season ”, we have the money and the great farm, just go all in for the next season, I know everyone would agree with it this time. 

13 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just can't wait for the off-season to come, this team have no choice but to have a off-season  likes the “ Padres 2020/21 off-season ”, we have the money and the great farm, just go all in for the next season, I know everyone would agree with it this time. 

Really not a fan of this but I know it's your biggest dream come true. 

@Michael, maybe Sherman really never say no to the front office when they need the resources to do something, but since the arrival of this regime this team not yet had the high payroll nor the big contract signing, so we just not yet knowing the level of the financial supply this ownership willing to give. 

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

@Michael, maybe Sherman really never say no to the front office when they need the resources to do something, but since the arrival of this regime this team not yet had the high payroll nor the big contract signing, so we just not yet knowing the level of the financial supply this ownership willing to give. 

This is a fair assessment.

Perhaps with the new deals in place for TV and naming rights, we'll see how open Sherman's checkbook is this winter.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.