Jazz Chisholm, Jr. MLB the Show 23 Cover Athlete

Michael

59 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Because I'm weird and think of these things, I wonder why they felt the need to recolor his sleeves?

Maybe to better go with the aesthetic of the cover with the pinks/teals they seem to have gone for?

--

I may have to pick this up.

Does anyone know, though - do/can created player stats from say, The show 2021 carry over to this, or is it a completely separate game?

32 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe to better go with the aesthetic of the cover with the pinks/teals they seem to have gone for?

--

Does anyone know, though - do/can created player stats from say, The show 2021 carry over to this, or is it a completely separate game?

It hasn't been announced yet but last year you couldn't. Even if they did add the feature it's unlikely you could transfer from anything other than last year's version of the game.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

--

Yea the aesthetics of the cover has to be the answer, but my first look just saw a colorful cover and didn't see how his red and white sleeves wouldn't fit. I think they still could have left it as is but looking at again I see they're limiting the color palette and that works too. 

I don't know the answer to the second question but any year to year transfer most likely has to go 21 to 22 and then 22 to 23, unlikely that you can skip from 21 to 23 unless that's some new feature being added in. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't know the answer to the second question but any year to year transfer most likely has to go 21 to 22 and then 22 to 23, unlikely that you can skip from 21 to 23 unless that's some new feature being added in. 

I believe this is correct, you'd have to do it year by year.

Ok, my thoughts...

I love that he's on the cover! Definitely buying this one (especially since I'm still playing '20), on pre-order even - I never do that.

However... couldn't they have done a better cover that isn't him just posing in what feels like a very awkward pose for a video game cover? They could have done it like '21 or '22, with a picture in the background of him in that Griffey-esque swing pose.

Oh, well. Better than nothing and at least it's not RAJ.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

However... couldn't they have done a better cover that isn't him just posing in what feels like a very awkward pose for a video game cover? They could have done it like '21 or '22, with a picture in the background of him in that Griffey-esque swing pose.

I thought of this too but him showing his style and "swag" is what they want as opposed to anything baseball related which is weird to say but that's what they wanna market. 

Yes screw Acuna.

• Like 1