Sixto Not Expected to Pitch Until Midseason

54 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Eh, he was pretty meh the second time through the order and when teams would see him again - he does have very good stuff. Not arguing there but I think Sandy and Lizard have better stuff overall imo.  I really do think Sixto's best value would be as a closer or high leverage dude from the pen.  I understand a starter has more value but he really was hit pretty hard when guys would see him again later on - especially the next time they met in another series. 

Anyway, he should be a good upgrade either way assuming he hasn't lost motion and velo.  I'll be very interested to see what he can do post ASG. 

I remember the same.

this timeline also seems like a recipe to get pushed back and back as has happened with him several times.  I wouldn’t count on him for anything.

also, Mel has said they want him out of the rotation and not out of the bullpen.

22 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

Sixto is damaged goods. No reason to pay attention to him. It’s over.

I mean I don't think anyone here is expecting major things from him considering he hasn't pitched since 2020. It's just the fact that he's still 24 years old with great stuff and it's not like he's getting paid anything. I'd say that's enough reason to at least monitor his situation. If he comes back and stays healthy, it will be a pretty huge boost. If not, he hasn't been part of the team in almost three years anyway, so it's not like anyone will be sorely disappointed.

Edited by Valid

3 hours ago, Valid said:

I mean I don't think anyone here is expecting major things from him considering he hasn't pitched since 2020. It's just the fact that he's still 24 years old with great stuff and it's not like he's getting paid anything. I'd say that's enough reason to at least monitor his situation. If he comes back and stays healthy, it will be a pretty huge boost. If not, he hasn't been part of the team in almost three years anyway, so it's not like anyone will be sorely disappointed.

It’s over