July 29, 20233 yr 43 minutes ago, EricOwens! said: That’s not true that it doesn’t matter If they both end up all-stars then so be it. So unlikely to happen and earliest would be 2027-ish anyways so ... at this point? Does not matter. In the scope of the 2023, 2024, or 2025 Marlins. We improved for the now and it's about time.
July 29, 20233 yr 52 minutes ago, Michael said: If they both end up all-stars then so be it. So unlikely to happen and earliest would be 2027-ish anyways so ... at this point? Does not matter. In the scope of the 2023, 2024, or 2025 Marlins. We improved for the now and it's about time. But in 2027, we could’ve traded them for prospects who would’ve been ready in 2032.
July 29, 20233 yr 7 minutes ago, Erick said: But in 2027, we could’ve traded them for prospects who would’ve been ready in 2032. We'll be doing that with a different player.
July 29, 20233 yr 3 hours ago, Entendu said: We need one more reliever. Got proof? And can it be sponsored proof?
July 29, 20233 yr 4 hours ago, Michael said: Got proof? And can it be sponsored proof? On the bright side, there's no way this pen continues to be this bad, and we just got the best RP available. I think they need to weather this storm to ultimately make the playoffs, but it sure as hell will help if we acquired someone else's closer for the 8th. RP help at the deadline has always struck me as relatively cheap, and it may be a bigger need at this point than another bat, so I think they just need to bite the bullet and trade two other future HOFers for one.
July 29, 20233 yr 12 hours ago, Michael said: If they both end up all-stars then so be it. So unlikely to happen and earliest would be 2027-ish anyways so ... at this point? Does not matter. In the scope of the 2023, 2024, or 2025 Marlins. We improved for the now and it's about time. Go for it while Sandy, Arraez, Luzardo, Eury, Jazz are all cheap, as they won’t spend what would be needed to keep this team together 4-5 years from now anyway.
July 29, 20233 yr 2 hours ago, Entendu said: On the bright side, there's no way this pen continues to be this bad, and we just got the best RP available. I think they need to weather this storm to ultimately make the playoffs, but it sure as hell will help if we acquired someone else's closer for the 8th. RP help at the deadline has always struck me as relatively cheap, and it may be a bigger need at this point than another bat, so I think they just need to bite the bullet and trade two other future HOFers for one. Has Chargois been overused? His last couple of outings have been shaky and it's usually been 7/8th appearences. It's obvious right now that Puk has been going thru it. Even yesterday just felt like the Tigers would still find a way to at least tie it. Regardless of what some may think, I am still not sold on Okert. I am interested to see what Jorge Lopez does.
July 29, 20233 yr Author 23 minutes ago, mystikol87 said: Go for it while Sandy, Arraez, Luzardo, Eury, Jazz are all cheap, as they won’t spend what would be needed to keep this team together 4-5 years from now anyway. This team isn't the financial burden that previous Marlins teams were. It would be nice to get into a position to force Sherman to prove if he can keep this group together cuz it's doable and he has claimed multiple times that he would do it.
July 29, 20233 yr 6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: This team isn't the financial burden that previous Marlins teams were. It would be nice to get into a position to force Sherman to prove if he can keep this group together cuz it's doable and he has claimed multiple times that he would do it. I hope. But Sherman hasn’t so far, and so the burden of proof is on him.
July 29, 20233 yr 14 hours ago, EricOwens! said: That’s not true either. We could have traded for someone else or built a different package. We didn’t have to do anything. I don’t mind the trade for what it’s worth. Well, for starters, Robertson was probably the best reliever on the market and has been one of the best relievers in baseball since he entered the league a decade-and-a-half ago. So trading for "someone else" would have meant trading for an inferior player. Second of all, have you been watching this bullpen lately? The Marlins definitely needed to make a move. Unless you're content with perennially missing the playoffs? It's funny. People will complain that the Marlins are cheap and aren't committed to bettering themselves, and then when they do make a move, people get upset that they traded away a couple of prospects that they didn't even know about 24 hours ago. I don't get it. Edited July 29, 20233 yr by Valid
July 29, 20233 yr I think both sides have laid out their views here. At this point it's just repetitive.
July 29, 20233 yr Just now, Entendu said: I think both sides have laid out their views here. At this point it's just repetitive. Currently, I feel like everyone has said their piece. Now we're just repeating ourselves.
July 29, 20233 yr Author Why does it feel like there's a lot of repetition here now? I think everyone has said what's on their mind already.
July 29, 20233 yr 38 minutes ago, Valid said: Well, for starters, Robertson was probably the best reliever on the market and has been one of the best relievers in baseball since he entered the league a decade-and-a-half ago. So trading for "someone else" would have meant trading for an inferior player. Second of all, have you been watching this bullpen lately? The Marlins definitely needed to make a move. Unless you're content with perennially missing the playoffs? It's funny. People will complain that the Marlins are cheap and aren't committed to bettering themselves, and then when they do make a move, people get upset that they traded away a couple of prospects that they didn't even know about 24 hours ago. I don't get it. I said I was fine with the trade. You have no view on the prospects and still like the trade. I don’t think that’s the right way to think about this stuff. That’s all I’m saying.
July 29, 20233 yr It seems high IQ, healthy BMI, and low time preference posters have it tough on this forum
July 29, 20233 yr 2 minutes ago, EricOwens! said: It seems high IQ, healthy BMI, and low time preference posters have it tough on this forum If you filter by that on here, you'd get 0 results. Yeah, you included.
July 29, 20233 yr Has anyone seen that Max Scherzer “wants a conversation” with Mets front office after the David Robertson trade. Look like ol Max isn’t too happy about the direction the Mets season seem to be headed. Anyways, I have a feeling that Robertson probably will sign with the Giants or something in the off-season so probably wasn’t in the Mets long term plans. But Mets are sellers and Max isn’t happy. 😂 Edited July 29, 20233 yr by SirFishFan
July 29, 20233 yr 7 minutes ago, pollythewog said: Dane gone tomorrow for avi? Why not Hampson instead?
July 29, 20233 yr Author 11 minutes ago, Michael said: Why not Hampson instead? Cuz Dane could use the minor league playing time, Hampson is who he is.
July 29, 20233 yr Author 1 hour ago, SirFishFan said: Has anyone seen that Max Scherzer “wants a conversation” with Mets front office after the David Robertson trade. Look like ol Max isn’t too happy about the direction the Mets season seem to be headed. Anyways, I have a feeling that Robertson probably will sign with the Giants or something in the off-season so probably wasn’t in the Mets long term plans. But Mets are sellers and Max isn’t happy. 😂 I saw this, MLB Network kinda speculated that it could be Max asking for clarity about whether they're shopping him. That makes more sense than Max going to bitch about them selling.
July 29, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: I saw this, MLB Network kinda speculated that it could be Max asking for clarity about whether they're shopping him. That makes more sense than Max going to bitch about them selling. I think it’s because he wanted to compliment them on a great trade for the Mets future seasons.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.