Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins Trade Ryan Weathers To Yankees

Featured Replies

MLB Trade Rumors
No image preview

Marlins To Trade Ryan Weathers To Yankees

The Marlins are trading another starter one week after the Edward Cabrera deal. Find out more on the surprise move at MLB Trade Rumors.

The Yankees are acquiring starter Ryan Weathers from the Marlins for four prospects, reports Jack Curry of The Yes Network. According to Craig Mish of SportsGrid, Miami adds minor league hitters Dillon Lewis, Brendan Jones, Dylan Jasso and Juan Matheus.

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I have to imagine this increases our likelihood of trying to acquire a starter, no?

I hope. Max Meyer should really be in the bullpen and not sure how comfortable I am with 3 of Garrett, Junk, Mazur, and Gusto in the rotation. Maybe they agressively promote Snelling or something?

Dillon Lewis (who I’ve never heard of) had a 121 wRC+ in over 500 PA’s last year. 22 year old right handed hitting OF

I’m not a fan of these 4 prospects for one Marlin type deals.

Bye bye 2026 season, no way it's a contender with this kind of rotation, Bendix is a lier saying they try to compete in the 2026. MLBPA is a dumbass if they continue do nothing to this team when they continue to shed their fucking low payroll.

Just now, TaiwanMarlins said:

Bye bye 2026 season, no way it's a contender with this kind of rotation, Bendix is a lier saying they try to compete in the 2026. MLBPA is a dumbass if they continue do nothing to this team when they continue to shed their fucking low payroll.

Weathers, like Cabrera, is often injured. We just got four reasonable prospects back for him.

Likely we'd have missed Weathers most of this year anyways. This is fine. Chill, homey. lol

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Weathers, like Cabrera, is often injured. We just got four reasonable prospects back for him.

Likely we'd have missed Weathers most of this year anyways. This is fine. Chill, homey. lol

We called every good SP traded away "injury prone" and Luzardo pitched good after traded, I think it's just an excuse to shed the payroll. We think they would spend some money to boost the offense but they not only didn't boost the offense but also weaken the pitching, you still think they would compete in the new season ?

It blows my mind how some Marlins fans can be ok with the continual shedding of talent year after year, while refusing to spend in Free Agency. We won 79 games last year, a seemingly complete gift of a season, that saw some legit breakout years. And this is how you follow it up? Yeah Cabrera and Weathers have been injury prone. You know who else has suffered serious injuries? Every Starting Pitcher that's worth a damn on our 40-man roster right now. And yet we'll continue to tout our pitching depth.

Edited by farmer_fran

11 minutes ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

We called every good SP traded away "injury prone" and Luzardo pitched good after traded, I think it's just an excuse to shed the payroll. We think they would spend some money to boost the offense but they not only didn't boost the offense but also weaken the pitching, you still think they would compete in the new season ?

Shed payroll? Weathers was going to make $1.35 million next season. And he IS injury prone. Literally made 24 starts the last two years because of injuries.

Lewis has become a VERY highly regarded prospect in the Yankees system. I live in New Jersey. Yankees fans I've talked to are genuinely upset about this trade because of what they gave up.

Getting Lewis for Weathers is a STEAL for the Marlins.

The Marlins also had one of the best records in baseball from June through the end of the season last year without Weathers. He was expendable.

You're being ridiculous like usual.

Edited by Valid

3 minutes ago, Valid said:

Shed payroll? Weathers was going to make $1.35 million next season. And he IS injury prone. Literally made 24 starts the last two years because of injuries.

Lewis has become a VERY highly regarded prospect in the Yankees system. I live in New Jersey. Yankees fans I've talked to are genuinely upset about this trade because of what they gave up.

Getting Lewis for Weathers is a STEAL for the Marlins.

The Marlins also had one of the best records in baseball from June through the end of the season last year without Weathers. He was expendable.

You're being ridiculous like usual.

Tell me more about this prospect that managed hit .237 at A-Ball last year.

This one is a head scratcher. I know he's been hurt, but who they fuck is going to pitch? He could have at least bridged the gap to White and Snelling. Unless they're going to break camp with Snelling???

Dont know much about the return package. I hope they're right about Lewis.

1 hour ago, farmer_fran said:

Tell me more about this prospect that managed hit .237 at A-Ball last year.

I mean, I don't get this trade either but let's be fair. The kid also had a .776 OPS with 22 HR and 26 stolen bases. He's also regarded very highly defensively in CF.

I'm not a "Daddy Dix" apologist, but he's earned some trust. At least with his trades and roster construction. I don't trust Bruce to spend a dime, however. This will be a prospect carousel until Bruce fucks off.

  • The title was changed to Marlins Trade Ryan Weathers To Yankees
4 hours ago, Valid said:

Shed payroll? Weathers was going to make $1.35 million next season. And he IS injury prone. Literally made 24 starts the last two years because of injuries.

Lewis has become a VERY highly regarded prospect in the Yankees system. I live in New Jersey. Yankees fans I've talked to are genuinely upset about this trade because of what they gave up.

Getting Lewis for Weathers is a STEAL for the Marlins.

The Marlins also had one of the best records in baseball from June through the end of the season last year without Weathers. He was expendabl

4 hours ago, Valid said:

Shed payroll? Weathers was going to make $1.35 million next season. And he IS injury prone. Literally made 24 starts the last two years because of injuries.

Lewis has become a VERY highly regarded prospect in the Yankees system. I live in New Jersey. Yankees fans I've talked to are genuinely upset about this trade because of what they gave up.

Getting Lewis for Weathers is a STEAL for the Marlins.

The Marlins also had one of the best records in baseball from June through the end of the season last year without Weathers. He was expendable.

You're being ridiculous like usual.

Yea, $1.35 million only, so if he injured all season then he wastes you only $1.35 million and not $30 million, if he healthy all season then he would gives you at least 10~15 wins and cost you only $1.35 million. Always remember prospects be the prospects until they prove themselves in the majors, I believe we all excited about the returns of Yelich. Bendix has no choice but to collect as many prospects as possible due to his cheap ass boss, by the way, this team extend Eury or not before the opening day would showing their determination to the long term success.

4 hours ago, farmer_fran said:

Tell me more about this prospect that managed hit .237 at A-Ball last year.

Jakob Marsee hit sub mendoza at AA in 2024. He then hit .292 in the big leagues in 2025 and as per advanced metrics produced the 2nd most offensive value on the team (behind Stowers) despite only being on the team for a month.

  • Author
9 hours ago, Rydawg said:

This one is a head scratcher. I know he's been hurt, but who they fuck is going to pitch? He could have at least bridged the gap to White and Snelling. Unless they're going to break camp with Snelling???

Dont know much about the return package. I hope they're right about Lewis.

I have to imagine they're trying to sign a vet pitcher after subtracting two starters from the depth chart.

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I have to imagine they're trying to sign a vet pitcher after subtracting two starters from the depth chart.

I feel like they are more likely to sign a “special veterinary assistant to the GM dogs”

7 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Jakob Marsee hit sub mendoza at AA in 2024. He then hit .292 in the big leagues in 2025 and as per advanced metrics produced the 2nd most offensive value on the team (behind Stowers) despite only being on the team for a month.

I loved what we got from Marsee last year. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if he hits .210 this next year. I'm not locking in Marsee as the CF going forward, he still has some things to prove.

7 minutes ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

2026 rotation,

Sandy Alcantara

Edward Cabrera

Eury Perez

Jesus Luzardo

Ryan Weathers

Dude, hate to break it to you but 3 of those guys aren't actually on the Marlins anymore. Where ya been?

  • Author
8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Dude, hate to break it to you but 3 of those guys aren't actually on the Marlins anymore. Where ya been?

I guess that's his "what if?" scenario?

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Dude, hate to break it to you but 3 of those guys aren't actually on the Marlins anymore. Where ya been?

They could have this rotation if they want.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.