Everything posted by costabear
-
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE
I voted 50 times today...gotta run for a bit, but I hope to get more in later.
-
Strangest/wackiest way to clinch a World Series...
The umpire that calls that balk would have the biggest balls in the world.
-
Best game you've been to this year?
Best game(s) I went to was the Double Header vs the Giants. Got to sit right behind home plate, first row outside of the founders club cause the stadium was even more empty for the second game
-
Ricky Nolasco
I'd say it's unlikely that the manager would choose him, especially with the rule that every team must have a player in the game...but no question he'd be deserving if he's 10-4 with an ERA under 4.00
-
So look what was on Yahoo! Sports Page...
It's only June...there's plenty of time for him to get his chance here. These things have a way of working themselves out.
-
Kevin Gregg
Hi, my name is Kevin Gregg of the Florida Marlins and I care. I don't chew, I don't dip, and I don't blow saves anymore!
-
6/25/2008, Tampa Bay @ Florida, 7:10 PM
So i have Atlantic Broadband cable...the FSN picture is fine, but I'm getting the audio of some As Seen on TV sales stuff...yay.
-
Who could be traded if we have a move down in weeks to come ?
Gregg would be dealt I'd imagine if we slip out of the race.
-
Now that Hammer is back...what do you want the lineup to look like?
Here's what I'd like it to look like: 1. SS Hanley Ramirez 2. RF Jeremy Hermida 3. LF Josh Willingham 4. 2B Dan Uggla 5. 3B Jorge Cantu (1B vs LHP) 6. CF Cody Ross 7. 1B Mike Jacobs (Helms at 3B vs LHP) 8. C Matt Treanor
-
"The Amezaga catch"
The guy should have been safe at 2nd. Still a fantastic play by Alfredo though.
-
"The Amezaga catch"
I set the game to record but didnt record the pregame...lame!
-
Is there anyone who can check what is the Marlins..........
You'd be better of looking for games that errors led to unearned runs I'd imagine. An error that doesn't result in any runs scored is not the same as an error that didn't change the score of the game.
-
Badenhop to DL, Miller called up
He's going right back down when Hammer is back right? I guess this just bought Andino a little more time. If Amezaga goes to the DL, I wonder if it'll be time for Mcpherson to come up.
-
"The Amezaga catch"
They said during the game tonight they'll be showing the Amezaga catch during Sunday's telecast.
-
2nd Half Super Saturdays Announced
I wish for once they'd have a modern rock band out there...
-
6/20 - Marlins @ Athletics
I wish we'd skip Hendrickson's turn...
-
Marlins agree to terms with 1st rounder Kyle Skipworth
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...0,3704877.story SEATTLE - The Marlins have agreed to terms with first-round draft pick Kyle Skipworth pending a physical, according to a source who has spoken with club officials. Skipworth, a catcher out Patriot H.S. in Riverside, Calif., who the Marlins selected sixth overall, is on his way to South Florida, where he is expected to undergo a medical workup Thursday. An official announcement could come as early as Friday. Skipworth should be in uniform with the Marlins' Gulf Coast Rookie League affiliate sometime this weekend. Though Skipworth signed a letter of intent to attend Arizona State, from the outset he said he didn't anticipate any issues to emerge in contract negotiations, which began before the Marlins officially selected him. Related links * Marlins say draft pick Kyle Skipworth a good catch "I was blown away," Skipworth said on draft day earlier this month. "I'm very happy with it. My family is very happy with it. We're extremely close [to a deal]." The 6-3, 195-pound Skipworth hit .584 with 12 homers and 44 RBI his senior season and got a state record 18 hit in as many plate appearances. More articles
-
The Marlins have the best Television announcers in Baseball
I'm not a fan of Craig...but I enjoy listening to Rich and Tommy. They do a great job.
-
How has Tampa been able to pass us on the talent ?
We have yet to see Beinfest's strategy of stocking up on pitching in the draft be a big benefit to us...but give it time. Every team always needs pitching, it's the toughest thing to find in baseball. We are gonna be overloaded with young, talented, inexpensive, major league ready pitching for the next 5+ years...we will be able to make any move we want to fill any holes among our position players.
-
The myth(?) of youth.
It has more to do with the young player making 400,000 versus the old player that is probably making several million dollars at those numbers. Also, you'd expect a young player to improve as he gains more experience, while you'd expect an old player to get worse over time and also be more likely to get injured.
-
NCAA Baseball Tournament
That was an ugly game...but I'll take it. It was pretty sweet to end Florida State's season.
-
Nolasco *ding* (Post Game Thread 6/15)
It felt like Joe Girardi was managing that game there in the 9th inning. Nolasco had no business going out there for the 9th inning.
-
Mark Hendrickson
He's doing about what I expected of him...but he's not pitching up to my expectations for a starter on a contending team. I think Johnson or Mitre would eventually be better options than him, but I'd much rather have someone like Waechter or Badenhop getting those innings.
-
Mark Hendrickson
Why do many people want to get Nolasco out of the rotation so badly? I feel more confident when he starts than any of our other starters except for maybe Olsen. Olsen,Miller,Nolasco all give us a chance to win on any given night...Tucker I think will get there as his control gets better...Hendrickson just sucks and any of the guys being mentioned would be an upgrade over him.
-
When the Hammer comes back.....
To me, Hermida's bat is best suited for the 2nd spot. If we do move Hermida down in the order, the only guy I think I'd want in the 2 spot is Gonzalez (but of course that is moot since he'll leave the lineup when Hammer gets back). We need the higher OBP guys near the top of the lineup.