Everything posted by Eddie Altamonte
-
The Marlins are giving Penny another start
There is a rumor that Penny used Jedi Mind Control on Redmond
-
The Marlins Infield
I have posted on this before... I will just say Hech this year vs Hech last year, a lot of improvement but it's still not enough. They are 20- 25 teams in MLB that would not trade their starting SS for Hech. 2nd Base we don't even really have a starter We do have the worse 1st baseman in baseball I guess we have a distinction there! McGehee has given far and more than we ever could dream of before the season started at 3rd base, many are critical of him but considering our 3rd base play last year we should be talking about starting a religion naming him a God at 3rd base, even with post-all star game slump I will finalize by saying there are maybe a few infields in AA baseball that are better than what the Marlins are putting on the field right now
-
Marlins Promote Four
Heaney...Kike...Bour...I got the 3 guys that I felt needed to be called up. I ust hope the use them now...BTW after tonight I am sure Penny has made his last start as a Marlin
- Feel free to agree or disagree...
-
Defense Wins Games. Historically, the Marlins Don't Win Many Games.
Mike Lowell was gold glove caliber throughout his career as a Marlin, DLee is the best defensive 1st baseman in Marlins history SongIn TheAir either you are trolling or you never saw these guys play
- Feel free to agree or disagree...
- Feel free to agree or disagree...
-
Minor League Roundup 8/28/14
Don't worry about Kolek , He is doing what he is suppose to right now... The Marlins are pretty much breaking him down and throwing a crapload on him. Next season would be when we expect him to start separating from the herd talent-wise BTW not for nothing but Rodon is showing to be overpowering in AAA right now. If the Marlins had drafted him he would be pitching for the parent team after call-up. Just saying... It doesn't mean the Marlins made the wrong choice, this just mean Kolek is under higher scrutiny
-
Minor League Roundup 8/28/14
Brian Anderson is the Moran's replacement as the top organizational prospect at 3rd base
-
Minor League Roundup 8/28/14
Blake Anderson hitting stats are getting ugly 8 hits in 94 ABs .108 BA 33 Ks
-
Feel free to agree or disagree...
Dude what's your problem? I know last night's loss is a very tough one and makes our way to the playoff an uphill battle but it is still possible. I like this team, this team has battled through all kind of adversity. Many teams wish they had the young arms that the Marlins do...Quality arms! Our Outfield is just simply outstanding. Our catching situation is very good. From the moment Salty was signed I stated many will be disappointed because of the swing and miss factor of his hitting. Many expected him to be Johnny Bench for us, I never did... Salty is hitting 10 pts under his career average and still can possibly reach 15 HRs this season (has 11). He wasn't ever going to hit 25 HRs for us (this is not Fenway Park).He has been a bit up and down but overall he has done a solid job. Mathis is a great defensive backup... Most of you that know me are aware of my feelings about backup catchers in the Majors. Our manager has had a great year he has kept this team together managed our pitching staff exceptionally well. I believe he is the manager of the year, although he may never win it over Mattingly or Roenicke. Many are very critical towards Redmond, but he has many reasons to fail this year and he may even end up with a winning season. Now going to the infield McGehee besides his post all Star game slide has been nothing but outstanding for this team He still leading the team in hits, Batting average, 2nd in in OBP. I feel he is starting to break out of his hitting funk and will have a solid last month of the season Hechavaria has had a good year with the bat and is showing some defensive improvement, although he is very far from becoming a good defensive SS Garrett Jones is just a disaster anyway you look at it One of the worse fielding 1st baseman in the majors .316 OBP His 13 HR's are not sufficient to compensate 2nd base is just a hot mess in it's entirety. I have no positives of any kind from Valdespolano I wonder if they can even tie their shoelaces right I say grab anyone from the street and stick them on 2nd base/1st base
-
September Call-ups
I want to see Bour get some serious playing time at 1st base Lets see what we have in Kike Hernandez...can anyone play 2nd base? Anyone?... Josh Rodriguez...Danny Black...Hell even give Austin Barnes a look
-
Post Game 8/27
Angels showing that they are the class of MLB this year...few teams can complain about losing a series on the road against them...Man these guys are really good
-
Dietrich activated, optioned to AAA
Dietrich looks like our future 2nd baseman except for 2 things: the swings and the misses, and above all the iron glove he might be our 3rd baseman of the future however he needs to steady that bat a bit more I think the Marlins are focusing on Avery Romero as our 2nd baseman by end of 2015...He also needs to work on his glove at 2nd base This is why we have Valdespin and Solano at 2nd base right now BTW I know Romero hasn't reached AA baseball yet but he may never get to play AAA baseball ever
-
All-Stars
BTW WC is right in what he is saying... Who is to say if Alvarez and McGehee were to switch jerseys If McGehee would not be the one with almost 100 TC more, besides maybe Henderson Alvarez do the Marlins have any other groundball pitchers like Hopper use to be... Before it opens a can of worm I don't know and I don't care if that is the reason for the discrepancy in chances, there lies the possibility of the confounding factor statistically speaking
-
All-Stars
Statistics are all anyone has to go by because they havent seen much of Alvarez. I personally live in Cardinal AND Cub(as well as being on the tertiary of the Reds) territory so I see the Pirates quate often. Having watched both, while Pedro Alvarez is not a great or even good 3B, he is better than McGehee. Unless its hit right at McGehee, he is not fielding it. Either way, it is an arbitrary argument because at the end of the day they are both pretty terrible at 3B. And you continue to be a complete moron who shows a complete lack of even basic understanding about the game of baseball. Spike you have to admit 17 errors vs 3 errors may make you wonder, if the limitation in range is inconsequential. It seems that Alvarez has a problem making plays altogether, regardless if it's hit directly to hit to him or away. I will conclude my thoughts that I am satisfied with McGehee's defense, he has surpassed any and all expectations. He has stabilized the Hot Corner for the Marlins. If his range is limited , so be it . When I talk bad defense on the team I look at Garrett Jones, Dereck Dietrich, Hech, even Salty has had his amount of problems, Mcgehee may not win a GG but he is more than fine by me.
-
Buyers or Sellers?
If we are selling, we are selling. Also, he doesn't repeat his first half. Ever. Squall that doesn't even make sense We haven't had a real 3rd baseman since when? Mike Lowell maybe... We get one, who actually is getting paid less then the batboy, just to go right away and trade him (based on that he can't repeat his first half of the season?) who are you putting at 3rd base then...Dietrich or Lucas? That is just crazy
-
Buyers or Sellers?
Who in their right mind would actually trade for Justin Turner? Nobody right now, if you know of anyone give the FO a call. However, it doesn't mean he couldn't be included as a throw-away in some trade of some sort. Teams are always ready to give chances to these type of players thinking they can coach him up if not they will just release him without any grief whatsoever of any kind. Who knows maybe with another organization he does actually break out. Wouldn't be the first time it ever happened
-
Buyers or Sellers?
Forget making any big trade, Put away the checkbook for now and let it ride on what we have now...I would probably trade Jones and Turner just to get BP depth...We can also bring up someone like Trevor Williams or Colby Suggs
-
Buyers or Sellers?
They should be trading anyone in the pen, jones, furcal (lol), and hitsmcgehee. Why don't you like McGehee? Is it the batting average or the RBI's? I guess you must be missing Polanco
-
Marlins @ Phillies - 6/23 - 7:05 PM
Luck was on our side tonight. There were lots of well hit balls by the Phillies that were either right at a Marlin player or a Marlin player made a great play on. The catch in deep center by Marisnick, the play by McGehee on the shot off Dunn, and the play at SS by Lucas.... McGehee who by D-War sucks defensively? Sorry just couldn't help myself
-
Marlins @ Phillies - 6/23 - 7:05 PM
I don't care what Marisnick hits, CF is his domain! If he is not GG caliber I don't know who is! Trade Jones for a new color commentator and move Yelich to 1st base now
-
6/22 Post Game
I think Disco gets 1-2 more starts. Now Turner... If I were Turner, I would start acquiring a taste for some Gumbo and Po Boys. Might be a good idea to stock up on beads as well
-
6/22 Mets @ Marlins 1:10 PM
Can we just DFA Turner That was just what I was about to say... Anyone want to take bets that Turner will be on the waiver wire tomorrow? and what are the odds? 1-2 maybe?
-
All-Stars
I just need more convincing that's all...Stats are suppose to put performance on a level and fair playing field. We cannot watch all 30 3rd basemen in the majors at the same time everyday. Stats provide us with a balanced comparison but when you get Pedro Alvarez who leads the majors in error with 17 having a better D-WAR than Casey McGehee because of RF...you have to question the ruler that is providing the measurements. In this case you have to look at ground ball % of the Pirates Pitching as a confounding factor. I say that because Alvarez has almost 100 TC (total chances) more than McGehee and there lies your range factor difference. RF has the assumption that probability-wise throughout a full season that McGehee, Alvarez and all 3rd baseman in a large sample size should have approximate equal balls hit in their direction. Is that necessarily the case?