Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

cliffsgirl30

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cliffsgirl30

  1. He listed Alex Sanchez, Reggie Abercrombie and Eric Reed as candidates to start in center, with Alfredo Amezaga ''an option if the other stuff doesn't pan out.'' ( Joe Borchard and Cody Ross said they also would like a chance to compete for the job.) Reggie, Reggie, Reggie, Reggie! That is all. I agree!! GO REGGIE!
  2. Henry Owens!!! Former Barry University Buc!!! Represent!
  3. Guys, I just came up with a brillient idea. What if we at MB.com put our cash together as a way to get fans to their seats. We can make TV, radio ads...web banners...print ads...etc saying how Loria doesn't want us at the games, and how the only way to improve the team is to fill every seat... I doubt it will work and I doubt that we would end up doing anything, but seriously, the only way to beat Loria is to do what he doesn't want us to I've met the guy, I've also spoken with him at length and that is so far from the truth...it's pretty stupid to say
  4. in Atlanta they have/had the Bravo club...you swipe a card and get points. Sometimes, your an instant winner of a hat or yearbook or something, but as you rack up points, you get prizes (like what would be given away on scratch off saturday) we used to have that in like 1999-2000...it was pretty cool...
  5. I like all our guys. I actually think DVH is great for radio. He's very descriptive.. even getting into the types of uniforms the players are wearing. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I'm driving during a game, I enjoy listening to him and Roxy... DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him... As for Rich and Tommy, they are my favorites.. yes, I like Rich more than Len Kasper. I don't know what it is.. Maybe cause I met him and he was so damn nice.. But he and Tommy work great together... he gets alot of stuff wrong too..like who's up to bat or who is playing which position in the field...it can be pretty bad at times...almost painful...i guess that comes from working in Montreal so long...I used to listen to him while I was at the game just to laugh at the mistakes...i guess if you don't watch and listen at the same time, you really wouldn't know and also, I had a friend that worked up in the booth with DVH and man did he tell me some funny stories about DVH's delays and mistakes...how they'd be sitting up there like "did he really just say that?" and did anyone ever notice how rich will just stare at tommy for extremely loooooong periods of time with that goofy face when Tommy is talking pregame or post game? It's reallllllly funny. My dad and I would tape it and play it back over and over just to get a good laugh...
  6. i say we all show up 20 - 30 mins late And further feed into the South Florida sports fan stereotype. Please expound on that comment. How does showing up 15 minutes late to avoid a $10 parking fee further feed the Florida sports fan stereotype? because some/many so. fla fans are CHEAP...i guess they don't realize how lucky they have it.....$10.00 to park is incredibly reasonable and all they do is whine about it or show up late to avoid it...but at least they're showing up...
  7. I have no problem with Tommy and Rich.. They should say it 1,000 times a telecast.. They speak the truth... amen! stop whining everyone...it does always clear up before the game! it's just water...it happens everywhere else and everyone else's fans still drive ALL the way to the stadium...The weather was amazing tonight!
  8. ... when you cringe whenever "5 game sweep" and "Philadelphia Phillies" are mentioned in the same sentence. Ouch...I was at the Vet for that series...Phillies fans, a 5 game sweep, and all your playoff hopes dashed in one road trip...that was rough!
  9. when you show up like this to game 6 of the 2003 world series in New york and survive having all those yankee fans cursing you out and throwing stuff at you ALL NIGHT LONG!!! when your prom dress in high school looks like this: when you're watching the USC game on ESPN and start freaking out cuz they're interviewing JOSH BOOTY!!!!! and absolutely noone around you has any idea who josh booty is... when players/coaches from other teams recognize outside of Dolphin Stadium you cuz you're so loud and obnoxious when they're trying to warm up... when you've forced your family to arrange vacation schedules so that you can catch the Marlins in as many different ballparks all without missing a single home game and you spend an entire summer and a significant chunk of your own savings account seeing the Marlins play as many away games as possible... when cody ross asks you for an official "Cody Ross is my Homeboy..." shirt and talks to you in the middle of the game... (John:)) When Josh Willingham throws you a ball and you immediately run across the stadium and buy a Willingham shirt only to have the lady ask you if you're related because NOONE has ever purchased a Josh Willingham shirt...(john:)) When you own a Reggie Abercrombie, Taylor Tankersly, Josh Willingham, Randy Messenger, or Cody Ross shirt/jersey...
  10. when continueing to watch the fish in 02, when they were in the brink of a wild card race and then they traded floyd to the expos and then the dempster to the reds, if anyone remembers that year, those guys gave up after the all star break, and i was still listing to them on a portable radio well going to night school at the time. I cried for weeks...actually months!!! That was such a sad turn of events:(
  11. The bandwagoners will start appearing tomorrow, I can just feel it. i feel ya....i just got back from St. louis and as much as I'd love to have a packed stadium like that all the time, I'd rather not have those "I'm a Marlin fan when they're in a playoff chase" fans around in their #20 Miguel Cabrera jerseys acting like they've been fans the whole time...puh-lease! Coming from someone who goes to all the games and then some, it's annoying and pisses me off...If you're gonna be a fan, be a fan regardless...win or lose...not when it's convienient...but at least they'll be spending their money so I can't complain about that...
  12. I was freaking out!! Josh Booty.....one of the GREATEST Marlins everrrr!!!! Of course they failed to mention that he played for us when they spoke with him:( those were the good years....
  13. wooooo!!!! yeah they are!
  14. White>Pierre= Bizarro World white was definately waaaay better than pierre
  15. Cliffs where were you for the five game series in Philly? i sat in 201 by the bullpen for friday, saturday, and sunday day game...on sunday night i sat behind home plate, and on monday i sat in left...why? Because I didn't see a teal cowboy hat at all and I was expecting to. ah, i was there and wearing it but i guess i wasn't by any cameras:)
  16. we have a cody ross fan club in left...we have "Cody Ross is my Homeboy" shirts and some of us wear bald caps when he's out in left or up to bat...he loves it!...we wanna make a sign liike "Cody's Corner" or "Cody's Crew"ya'll are welcome to join us:) we also have an Amezega Mexican cheering section with flags and such...love the donut boys rockin the American flags for D-Train tonight...Classic!
  17. Some quality scoreboard time for "cliffsgirl" tonight...love the hat! :notworthy haha:) thanks
  18. we definately need more marlins fans out at the games cuz those mets fans always out number us...it was soooo sweet to shut them up tonight and even though there were tons of Mets fans, the Marlins fans were very loud and into the game!
  19. Cliffs where were you for the five game series in Philly? i sat in 201 by the bullpen for friday, saturday, and sunday day game...on sunday night i sat behind home plate, and on monday i sat in left...why?
  20. Cliff's girl is a great fan though I hate it when she cheers for Cliff Floyd nowadays cause he's a Met. I mean even in New York she cheered for him. ugh. She's got great posters though and is one of maybe a handful of people who I consider to be a bigger Marlins fan tha me. I thought the Donut Guys were pretty funny cause they're loud and always into the game. The "sign guy" is annoying. His posters bite. "Fishtastic!". Wow, what brilliance. Peanut guy can get a little distracting, but he adds to the fun atmosphere. Elephant man is great too. Overall, I think anyone who goes to games and supports this team is the "best fan". But my vote here goes to Cliff's girl (though I'd rather call her something else. the Mets suck). hahaha...I just root for Cliff, not the Mets! He's my FAV man...come on!
  21. sign man is awesome...and extremely dedicated...how bout the donut boys? They were great...
  22. I have seen elephant man at an orioles st game also. Has he been wearing the same hat forever, or does he get new ones? he also does Hurricane football games:)
  23. of the 25000 paid I'd say: 7000=empty 15000=camps 3000=everyone else. Trust me...outside of the camp groups, nobody was there. 3000 everyone else? that's generous:) i'd go with like 1500 at most...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.