Everything posted by flasportsfan88
-
Yoenis Cespedes to Athletics
Can't there just be a new thread of Cespedes getting signed. Why is it done this way on this board. There's 5 threads started a week the board won't get cluttered. I have to search a 34 page thread to find the actual part of the thread where him getting signed by the A's is discussed.
-
Do the Marlins air on FSN in Jacksonville?
BTW, If Marlins are on FSN and Rays on Sunshine why would there be mixed coverage in Jacksonville? If Jax is the same as Tallahassee, then you'd get just about full Marlins coverage.
-
Do the Marlins air on FSN in Jacksonville?
If you have a Brighthouse cable box you get all Marlins games in Orlando. I think in the beginning of the season Lightning games that coincide with the Marlins are shown instead of the Marlins. After that, as long as you have the box, you get the games.
-
LoMo-ing
Logan thinks he's funny. But he's really not.
-
Biggest piece of **fecal matter** ever written about the Marlins...
Yahoo is trash
-
What will Our Lineup look like Next Season
"Experts" lol
-
Stadium memories
First game I ever went to back in 97 vs the Pirates. I was only eight years old and I went with the whole family. I get a fuzzy feeling thinking back to when my family used to still be together, before me and my sister moved out. My parents are a little older and wouldn't even do anything like go to a game these days. I remember walking toward the outfield reserve where my father would love to sit. When I first saw the huge orange seats and the view of the field I just remember being in awe. At that point it was the best stadium in the history of baseball for if you asked me. Some other moments... Wednesday night game in 03, pretty sure ESPN was there... Willis vs Randy Johnson Livan Hernandez 15 k game vs ATL in 97. Conine-Pudge play at the plate game in 03 Yanks Marlins game 5 of World Series I'm going to miss all the great times I had with my friends growing up there. Great place to tailgate, I'm going to miss that the most. We used to just drop kegs in the parking lot in high school basically because we couldn't find any other spot to plop one that night. the night I graduated what felt like the whole class went down there and raged. Cops always knew we were underage but would always just say "Be careful guys". That place was always my sweet spot for taking girls on dates too, what better place do go, right. I live in Palm Beach county so taking them out to the games was still kind of exciting to them. I'm still glad I'm a Dolphin/Canes fan, not ready to say goodbye to that place for good.
-
Team Colors and New Logo
Take it for what it's worth, but the image below is now posted in that thread... Son of a bitch.....that is awful. I hate that guy! He thinks he's f**king Picasso. i still dont understand the yellow and orange. well at least it seems that they are keeping black. What don't you "understand?" marlins are not orange or yellow. Cubs aren't red or blue.
-
2011 College Football Thread
If you're happy about Miami leaving college football you are truly scared. I wouldn't want ANY top programs to get shut down.
-
Leo Needs To Go Now!
I'm not opposed to trading him, but you need to get a lot because he will be a type A free agent after 2012 (as long as he maintains getting saves) and will bring two draft pick compensation. Yea, he's going to make around $8 million the rest of this year and next year, and you'd have to pay each of those draft picks $1 million signing bonus, but that isn't a bad cost for say 90 innings of Leo and two top 50 draft picks. Our farm is bad, replenishing it would be a good thing. I'd move him if you get a top 100 level prospect in A+, or maybe a top 100-150 if in AA. It can be a backend guy, like where Coghlan and Gaby fell (just outside top 100), but they need to get a guy who has the potential to be a solid starting player in the major leagues to account for Leo's talents and potential draft pick compensation. This isn't a dump move. This is a, the Marlins are better suited with someone younger and can probably replace those bullpen innings with a collection of Ceda and Marinez next year move. What I'd do is the classic Beinfest move. We'll give you Leo and Dobbs/Infante (who every team would love as a bench throw in), but you give us that one prospect we want. Hammer/Olsen, Beckett/Lowell, Cabrera/Willis. It's a much smaller move than those later two, but you see the pattern. Throw in that second guy. Dobbs or Infante means nothing to this organization longterm. Get the guy you want. Don't worry about the ancillary pieces. Hopefully Heath Bell and/or Mike Adams goes sooner rather than later so Beinfest can really hammer the losers of that sweepstakes and see what kind of offers are out there. Good as always Lou
-
Nunez Trade rumors
Who cares if we trade in division, Nunez is overpriced and not that good.
-
7/18 - Marlins @ Mets - 7:10
A good catcher can frame that pitch...
-
Volstad is done
Even if they wanted to replace him, it's not like anyone in the minors would be an upgrade over him. I can pitch a little
-
Volstad is done
If its mechanical in nature, a trip to the minors should be okay. If it's learning how to get major league hitters out... well he has to learn up here and take the bumps and bruises it will take. It's always seemed like Volstad has had trouble consistently staying on top of the ball.
-
Who did we get for Adrian Gonzalez?
To say with certainty that without Urbina the WS is not won is ridiculous. This. I always laugh when people keep saying it. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. At the time, Gonzalez wasn't supposed to become this kind of player. However, we didn't win the World Series because of Urbina. The point is that we did win, so its much harder to regret anything done in between that led up to that result. The point is that that statement is a fallacy. You have to give another reason as to why we won the specific trade other than "we won!" That's like saying that the Giants didn't make a mistake with Barry Zito's contract because...well, they won! If we were to trade Hand, Marinez, etc. for Heath Bell and Hand, Marinez, etc. become legit/Heath Bell helps this team win a World Series, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Marlins won that specific trade. The Marlins made other trades/callups in '03 that had a bigger impact than the Urbina trade. The whole "who cares, we won" argument everytime this topic comes up is silly. If you want to say that Adrian Gonzalez wasn't supposed to become this, fine. Don't just look at the lopsided result and say we won the deal, though; that's just delusional. Erick, you just said what I was having a hard time expressing. +1000
-
Who did we get for Adrian Gonzalez?
Its a dumb trade to win a championship? I disagree. Even if they had kept Gonzalez, do you really think he'd be a part of the team right now? It's not like it was a straight up trade for a certain championship. To trade a future franchise hitter for half a season of a reliever is extremely risky. Who's to say the Marlins might not have won more rings with Gonzalez in the lineup for years. Who's to say if we could have gotten a different reliever and not give up Gonzalez and still won the series. Who's to say we couldn't have gotten Urbina without giving up Gonzalez. Just because we won the world series doesn't mean that's a good trade. Imagine if the Nationals make a run at the playoffs this season and they need a reliever so they trade Harper for Heath Bell, and end up winning the series. Is that definitely a good trade just because they win the series? Gonzalez had 2 HR in 75 games the year the Marlins traded him. The Bryce Harper comparison is beyond stupid. He had 17 HR's in AA at 20. The ceiling of both players is very comparable. The point I'm making here is trading away a franchise player for a small piece that could potentially win the series is stupid. He wasnt close to being a franchise player at the time. Not even close. You draft him first overall with the intentions of him being that don't you. The Marlins should have traded Stanton for some relief help in 08', he wasn't even close to being a franchise player.
-
Who did we get for Adrian Gonzalez?
Its a dumb trade to win a championship? I disagree. Even if they had kept Gonzalez, do you really think he'd be a part of the team right now? It's not like it was a straight up trade for a certain championship. To trade a future franchise hitter for half a season of a reliever is extremely risky. Who's to say the Marlins might not have won more rings with Gonzalez in the lineup for years. Who's to say if we could have gotten a different reliever and not give up Gonzalez and still won the series. Who's to say we couldn't have gotten Urbina without giving up Gonzalez. Just because we won the world series doesn't mean that's a good trade. Imagine if the Nationals make a run at the playoffs this season and they need a reliever so they trade Harper for Heath Bell, and end up winning the series. Is that definitely a good trade just because they win the series? Gonzalez had 2 HR in 75 games the year the Marlins traded him. The Bryce Harper comparison is beyond stupid. He had 17 HR's in AA at 20. The ceiling of both players is very comparable. The point I'm making here is trading away a franchise player for a small piece that could potentially win the series is stupid.
-
Who did we get for Adrian Gonzalez?
Can anyone name a first overall pick that was traded that early in his career, for half a season of a reliever?
-
Who did we get for Adrian Gonzalez?
Its a dumb trade to win a championship? I disagree. Even if they had kept Gonzalez, do you really think he'd be a part of the team right now? It's not like it was a straight up trade for a certain championship. To trade a future franchise hitter for half a season of a reliever is extremely risky. Who's to say the Marlins might not have won more rings with Gonzalez in the lineup for years. Who's to say if we could have gotten a different reliever and not give up Gonzalez and still won the series. Who's to say we couldn't have gotten Urbina without giving up Gonzalez. Just because we won the world series doesn't mean that's a good trade. Imagine if the Nationals make a run at the playoffs this season and they need a reliever so they trade Harper for Heath Bell, and end up winning the series. Is that definitely a good trade just because they win the series?
-
Who did we get for Adrian Gonzalez?
Still a dumb trade even though they got a ring.
-
Hand optioned to AA, Hatcher promoted
Looks like it's Hatcher the Pitcher coming up to take Hand's spot. In 30 appearances, Hatcher is 2-1 with a 2.31 ERA, 15 walks, 39 strikeouts and a .206 opponents’ batting average in 35 innings. If true... didn't take Hatcher long. Nice story
-
Mike Cameron acquired, Ceda optioned to AAA
I think this might be a move where you would have needed to be in a major league clubhouse before to gauge the importance of having enough veterans on a team. I never have, so I'll reserve my opinion on this one. But I'm not really too afraid of taking at-bats away from Petersen.
-
International draft
No comprende
- 6/29 Post Game
-
Johnson to see Andrews
If we hear tomorrow that he needs TJ again then ... ....I'll kill something. Tommy John is an elbow surgery. What would really suck is if it were a torn labrum/rotator cuff. Those are harder to come bacl from now than TJ.