Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VAFishFan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by VAFishFan

  1. Four game sets are hard... I called a split before the game... I sign up for that and a 4-3 homestand. 6-4 heading in to Philly would be fine... Lets get the next one guys!
  2. Didn't watch the game as I had a 130p tee time.. Was checking score mobile on my blackberry every five minutes then hopped in my car after the round and caught the last two outs in the ninth. What an interesting first six games. I will take it...
  3. Not too concerned with the Bully as it is early.. However they should think about DFA'ing Veras as he is no where near the plate...
  4. nice. let's hope he continues to rake so we can bring him up. the question is what we do with our outfielders if this were to happen. trade cody, i guess? The way to clear room for Stanton, assuming no injuries, is to bench Gaby (or Morrison) and move Coghlan to 3B. Corner infield and LF defense our are biggest positional concerns, and that fixes the problem. You do not get rid of Cody. Secondly, you guys have far to high expectations of what Stanton is going to do right away. He is not going to out-produce a consistent veteran like Ross right now, or guys like Coghlan and Maybin who have taken their lumps throughout the system and have far more professional experience. There is no question, Stanton has the projection potential 4 years from now, but right now is a totally different story. It is very a rare a Hanley or Cabrera develops in your system. Don't be spoiled by this. Most guys struggle, like Hermida, A. Miller, or Maybin last year. They need time despite looking fantastic in the minors. These are kids, they are young. They need the work in the minors. Stanton 100% needs to be in AA for two months, then a promotion to AAA, and if he's still mashing during all of this, call him up on August 31st so he is eligible for post season rosters. And at that point of the season, if someone stinks, or is hurt, or isn't hitting, then maybe you can clear out a veteran for Stanton and give him a true cup of tea before Spring Training next year. That is a best case scenario. Stop the clamoring. Great Post! Couldn't agree more. Cannot rush young prospects. Stanton is going to be great by all reviews but definitely needs to spend a good year or year and a half on the farm.
  5. Hop was SICK! But... I have to go with Nate... two outta three NICE!
  6. Nice and Easy Smooth Game! Two outta three NICE!
  7. No anybody but Nunez... PLEASE NO!
  8. Badenhop is SICK Tonight!
  9. Heres hoping tonight is less stressful than last night! I'll take 6 innings, 3 runs from Nate Totally Agree.. Here's to hoping the bats keep the fire and Nate gives us innings. I want a smooth game that ends before 1115p...
  10. We could make the playoffs-Wildcard... But not Likely...
  11. want to retract my 85 win prediction. I have ZERO faith in anyone of these guys outside of Meyer and Hop. No idea what tonight will bring. Nate has to throw eight solid. Good Grief!
  12. I think we get this one. I will say 5-3... Leo with a Save but will give us heartburn in the ninth. Nolasco will give us 6IP 2ER 5Ks...
  13. 85-77. A fiesty resilient team! Should be an exciting year but probably fall about 4 games short of the WC and about 8 from the NL East.
  14. I think we'll be okay... I predict we'll be in the playoff hunt all year, despite this one bad game. Good Post... Agree Totally... No jumping off bridges here in DC.
  15. Opening Day fell on my flex off day! Couldn't be better! Let's get two out of three against these guys!
  16. Pumped for tomorrow! Here's too a successful and fun season!
  17. Definitely get Extra Innings. I do that here in NoVA. I can't get DirecTV because of the location of my condo need the southern sky. Man I cannot wait for Marlins baseball. Kicking around the idea of heading to Miami for the opening series against LA. The freaking winter here in Buffalo, uh DC, has been brutal.
  18. Why Become a Marlins fan??? -- Most if not all the players give it their all. -- Every year they become an incredible story. -- It means more when they win a WS (C'mon the Big Market Boys SHOULD WIN EVERY YEAR). Now that being said if the Marlins ever increase their payroll and bring in key components I will not complain. -- Ticket Prices and Availability -- Miami (South Florida) is Amazing. I wish I could wake up everyday and be in at least 70+ degree weather! I could go on! I cannot wait until pitchers and catchers... My football season ended @ 351pm on Sunday and my Hockey Season will end sooner than later.
  19. 81-71 not too shabby of a season in my opinion... I would consider shutting JJ down now.... He has thrown more than double his career innings... Two Starts are not worth the risk...
  20. Here's to 3-0 ctina... Won't see all of the game as I am fighting a cold and need to sleep... Lets Go Fish !!!
  21. Seems like every game we win, the Rox or Phils win too... When we lose, they win... I think we may have to 20-4 to send the Rox/Fish play in game! We need to get to 93 victories, IMO.
  22. I believe this clubhouse blow up between Uggs and Hanley will and has galvanized this team... Just my opinion... Keep winning boys!
  23. Voted for BC...
  24. So only winning 1 game might not qualify us for getting Penny, eh? I still hope we get him especially that Volstad got sent down. August 24th we were 8 games back in the NL East, today 7.5 as I write this which can swing to 7 or eight by night's end, so no harm there. August 24th we were 5.5 games back in the wildcard, after today's play we are 3.5 games back in the wildcard. I'd say we're still in contention. I say why not, I believe we would be responsible for $82K of his salary... Baseball is a funny game, we have a 3-3 week and gain 2 games on the Rox... Lets Go Mets! (Ouch!) Lets go Phils (Geez!)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.